‹ Prequel: Deadly Kiss
Sequel: You're Overdue
Status: Complete. Sequel is up.

Holding My Heart

20 Vampire Rabies?

******************
Ann’s POV

“Damn it Pete I don’t know! God! We’ve going at this for hours. I didn’t get it then and I'm not going to get it now!”

I stood up and started to leave but Pete stood up. He appeared next to me and forced me to sit down. He was trying to teach me some new things in math but it wasn’t going to well. We had been working for hours.

“Ten more minutes.”

I brushed his hands off of my shoulders, “No. I’m going home!”

He let me walk away from him this time. He knew when to back off because if he had tired again I probably would have killed him. I stormed past Patrick cleaning a gun and Joe trying to juggle. They stopped when they saw me walk past. I practically ripped the door away from the doorjamb. I stormed out and slammed the door shut. I walked over to my apartment and forced my door open.

I slammed it shut and slide down the door. I reached up and locked the door. Don’t get me wrong, I love Pete but I’ve had enough. I sighed and looked around. There weren’t any lights on. Which, was kind of weird because it was after sunset. I say a light up by the stairs and I got up off my butt. I walked up the stairs and noticed it was a candle. Almost like Brendon had done in the house near West Dover.

I put out the candle and reached for the wall. There was a light switch somewhere around here. I found it and was going to turn it on till I noticed another candle. Either Brendon was trying to be romantic or we lost power. I turned on the light and the hallway lit up. I walked over to the other candle and blew it out.

“Brendon?”

The silence didn’t help the tense mood I was in. I felt an adrenaline rush start to settle in. I placed the candles on the table in the hallway. I opened one of the drawers and found a letter opener. I was becoming friend with these things. I grabbed it and closed the drawer. I walked down to the bathroom and I could hear water running. I opened the door and saw the shower on. I walked over and ripped the curtain back. No one was in there and I turned off the water. I heard a squeak behind me and I whipped around.

“Bren?”

Something was seriously wrong. I walked out of the bathroom and headed towards our room. I stopped at the door and listened I could hear a rustle but couldn’t make out much. I gripped the letter opener tighter and could feel my palms heat up and sweat lightly. I opened the door and all I saw was Brendon. He was tied to a chair and gagged. He looked at me with fear. I walked over to him and looked at the ropes. He tried to move away from me.

“Bren. It’s ok.”

I reached up to remove the make shift gag that was shoved in his mouth, “Ann get out now.”

“Brendon, what’s going on?”

“Get out now! Don’t worry about me.”

I started to take the blade of the letter opener to the ropes tying his wrists together, “I’m not leaving till you tell me what’s going on.”

“Radke is here. Get out Ann. He wants you. You need to get to Pete now. Just leave me and go.”

“Brendon. I’m not leaving you here. I’m almost done.”

“Well, well, what do we have here?”

I turned slightly and saw Ronnie Radke leaning in the door frame. His hands resting on each side near his head. I stood up with the letter opener ready if I needed to use it. He tilted his head and smiled at me. I tried to calm the inner flee feelings.

Ronnie looked around the room, “I have to say, I love what you’ve done with the place.”

“You are not invited in this house.”

“Hun, I can go anywhere I damn well please to go. I owned this land years ago. Anything here is mine.”

“What do you want?”

He started to walk towards me and I heard Brendon growl, “A few things. Though, it might be better if I keep what I want to myself.”

Brendon’s voice shocked me, “Touch her and I will rip your limbs right off your body!”

Ronnie looked past me towards Brendon and didn’t say anything. I knew they had to be having a mental conversation. Ronnie’s face seemed to change emotions. I didn’t dare turn to see what Brendon was doing. I didn’t want to turn my back to a vampire.

“Do you really think you can take me out with a letter opener?”

I registered what he said, “Yup.”

Ronnie giggled lightly, “Please, I could take it away from you before you could even blink your eyes. I think maybe you should put it down before you hurt yourself.”

“Get out Ronnie and don’t come back.”

He looked at me confused, “Do I not look like a vampire to you? Or are you just stupid?”

At that point Gerard had come through the doorway and looked annoyed, “Hurry you’re ass up. We have places to be.”

Ronnie rolled his eyes, “Fine.”

He started to walk past me and I held the letter opener out in front of me. He didn’t even seem to be phased. He reached Brendon and held onto his shoulder. Brendon hissed as the nails of Ronnie’s hand dug into his shoulder.

“Let him go.”

Ronnie looked over to Gerard, “Can’t I just kill her?”

Gerard hissed, “No you idiot.”

“But she’s not worth all of this.”

Pete appeared next to Ronnie and Pete shoved him away from Brendon. Gerard had found me and grabbed my wrist with the letter opener. He brought it towards my neck and held me against him. I struggled for all I was worth but it was no use.

Brendon ripped away from his ropes, “Enough. I’ll go with you guys. Just leave Ann alone.”

Pete and Ronnie were going after each other and Gerard released me. I moved towards Brendon as fast as I could. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to him. He looked at Gerard and then to me. I felt him kiss my head and hug me tight. I didn’t quiet understand what was going on.

That’s when it happened.

Brendon had let go of me and fell to the floor in pain. I knelt down trying to get near him. I kept trying to as if he was ok. He looked up at me and it wasn’t my Brendon looking at me. This one hissed and his eyes were no longer a coco brown. They were a crimson red.

Gerard came over and grabbed my by my collar of my shirt and pulled me away. I fought the whole way. Brendon just hissed at us and bared his fangs. Pete and Ronnie stopped fighting. They looked at each other and towards to Brendon. Brendon moved and looked like he was about to pounce on me. Something was seriously wrong with him. He’s got rabies or something.

Ronnie grabbed him under the arms before he did pounce. He fought with every muscle he had. Ronnie hissed and tried to keep Brendon as still as he could. I stood up and Gerard pulled us farther back. Pete looked so confused.

Gerard whispered in my ear, “We’ll help him.”

With that they dematerialized and took my crazed vampire boyfriend. Pete huffed and just looked at me. I looked at the floor. What the hell was that all about? They had to of done something to him.

“Pete, what’s wrong with him?”

Pete shrugged, “I have no idea. Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. You?”

“I got a cut but I’m ok. Why can’t you have a normal boyfriend?”

I was beginning to ask myself that.

I just wanted to know what was wrong with him

And

Where the hell was he now?

***************
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehehe! I reached chapter 20!

Thanks to: KatieInStereo, MidnightSilence, PsychoBarbie, rivals are insane, jessi_sunshine, Dr. Mrs. Vandertramp, and Simoneavt

Thanks for reading.

Please comment and subscribe!

It means a lot to me. It helps keep me motivated. Sorry updates are slow. Though, I am hoping to get a used computer…maybe. Keep you’re fingers crossed for me.