‹ Prequel: Deadly Kiss
Sequel: You're Overdue
Status: Complete. Sequel is up.

Holding My Heart

25 Marco Polo

*************
Ann’s POV

I heard Brendon groan again, “Gerard.”

I frowned and looked at my feet. I was still sitting on the stairs waiting for Gerard to come back. Gerard had gone to go get Brendon some animal blood to help supplement the human blood he needed.

“Gerard!”

With the slot closed and me being quiet Brendon didn’t know I was in here. Until I got tired of his continuous groaning, “He’s not here!”

“Oh?” I could hear a shuffle, “But you are?”

I glared at the door, “Yes.”

“Let me out. I need to go feed. I need this pain to stop.”

“Brendon, I can’t.”

“Please. Ann, please. I can’t do this. I need blood.”

I stood up and leaned against the door. This was the first time he actually said my name. I still didn’t trust him though. He probably was just saying to get me to trust him. Then I could let him out. But no way in hell was I going to.

I forced the little slot to the side and Brendon’s face popped up. He looked at me with upset puppy eyes. I felt myself start to tremble. I knew those eyes better than anyone. I seriously thought he was going to cry with the look on his face.

I watched a bead of sweat slide down his forehead and down the side of his face, “Ann. Please.”

His voice had been low and not demanding. I wanted so badly to let him out. I reached for the handle and grabbed onto it. I lightly tried to pull it open so Brendon couldn’t tell but the door wouldn’t budge. Gerard must have locked it when he put Brendon in there.

“I can’t let you out. I don’t have the key.”

He walked away mumbling what sounded like ‘stupid woman’ but I wasn’t sure. I glared at the back of his head. I did have a bobby pin that could spring the lock but I wasn’t sure. I wasn’t an expert on picking locks.

Brendon broke my train of thought when his face appeared back in front of me. I jumped lightly and he smiled. He reached his hand through towards me. It was still bleeding slightly but part of the blood on his palm and wrist was now a red brown crust.

“What?”

He smiled, “Let me see your hand.”

“I don’t think that is a good idea Bren.”

He started to whine like a kid, “Oh Ann please? I wouldn’t let you starve like this.”

I nearly stomped my foot in frustration, “Brendon I can’t.”

Brendon got very quiet and emotionless after that. His hand went back into the room he was in and he just gave me a blank look. I was actually scared of him that moment. He looked deadly and definitely not my Brendon.

He spoke one word, “Alright.”

I backed up a little, “What do you mean Brendon?”

“If you won’t come to me I’ll come to you.”

I felt the shiver shake through my body, “Brendon. Just relax. Gerard will be here soon.”

“I can’t wait any longer.”

Within a flash Brendon was in front of me and not in that room. I gasped and fell back against the stairs. He reached for me and I felt him grab a fistful of my hair. He pulled me up off the stairs and in front of him.

I winced, “Let go! You’re hurting me.”

I heard the door near the top of the stairs opened and I heard Ronnie’s voice, “What the hell?”

Brendon smirked at me, “Time to go.”

We dematerialized and reappeared near an abandon warehouse. Some of the windows were boarded up while others were either broken or spray painted. The brick on this side was worn and chipped into nearly tiny pieces. The red color had become a nasty rust color.

I let out a few sounds of discomfort as Brendon starting pulling me with him to the old door. He still held a brutal death grip on my hair and if I didn’t move with him I as going to feel it. He used his other hand to turn the handle and I heard a crunch.

He then pushed the door open and shoved me into the building. I was glad he let go of my hair and I tried to catch my balance in the pitch black in front of me. I turned and saw his shadow on the floor from the local street lamp. He walked forward and shut the door and boy did the darkness take over.

I heard the door crunch again and I knew then that I wasn’t going to be leaving with that exit. I felt my heart rate elevate and I started to panic because I had no idea where I was and now I was in a building that I know nothing about.

Brendon counted down from ten to one and then said something I did not want to hear, “Ready or not, here I come.”

I whipped around and booked it down anywhere away from him. I knew that if I didn’t pick up and run right now he was going to kill me. Screw any feelings I had for him. This sure as hell wasn’t my Brendon and never was going to be. Ever. Even if we got through this.

I eventually found a wall and started to follow it. There were occasionally patches of light through some of the broken windows. I could see in one of the patches there was a skeleton of a human.

I bit my tongue and tried to hold the bile coming down. I was scared. I’m not going to lie. I just realized I never really knew what I got myself into when I became a vampire hunter. These vampires where monsters. Yes, they could love and honor people but not in the bad phases.

I could hear Brendon’s voice near me, “Marco.”

Polo.

I continued to hug the wall till I got to a huge patch of light. I walked on the edges of the light patch so I wouldn’t be seen. Granted my racing heartbeat was enough to catch Brendon’s attention. I shook my head as I pictured him finding me.

“Marco.”

He was closer. I bumped into something and bent down to retrieve it. It was a metal pipe about three feet long. I felt the cold metallic in my hand and leaned against the wall. I at least had something to use as a weapon. I continued my journey and Brendon continued his “Marco” crap.

After I don’t know how long I heard Brendon right in front of me, “Marco.”

I could barely see his outline and I swung as hard as I could, “Fucking polo.”

The metal pipe abruptly stopped and I was pulled forward. Brendon had caught it and now had removed it from my hold. I was right against him and I pushed off of him. He reached for me and I bolted towards a new direction. I slammed into a large wooden beam and I felt my bones shake with pain.

I continued till I felt another metallic figure against the wall. It was horizontal and again about three feet long. Then I realized I could push it. I push against it and it opened. I had found another way out.

I stepped out into a dark Chicago alleyway. It was leading to an apartment building. I ran and I could hear Brendon’s growl behind me. I continued running till I reach this back entrance of this place. I used so much force on opening that door my arm made a few sounds in disagreement with me.

I pulled it closed and Brendon reached for it. I continued to run down the hall. I could hear him coming after me. I was really hoping Pete would come find me right now.

And at that moment I collided into a figure. I took it to the ground and realized it was a kid about ten. I got up and he saw who I was running from.

I spoke as fast as I could, “Run!”

Brendon was too fast for the kid and me. He grabbed the kid in one swoop and I heard the kid let out a scream. I squealed. Brendon’s fangs were near the boy’s neck.

“Brendon no!”

He looked at me for a moment and growled.

I took a step closer with tears burning my eyes, “Brendon. Don’t! Please. He’s just a kid.”

The kid was shaking and trying to get away from Brendon. Brendon hissed and tried to keep a hold on the boy. The kid was smart enough to kick for all he was worth. I didn’t know what to do.

I couldn’t believe the words coming out of my mouth, “Brendon. Come get me. I know you want me. Not him. Get the bitch that you really want.”

He threw the kid to the ground and I sighed. The boy probably had a broken arm but at least he wasn’t dead. I saw Brendon smirk and looked like he was going to pounce. I took off down the hall and I could hear Brendon run towards me.

I forced the front door entrance open and I was out of there before you could say my name. I looked back and noticed Brendon was barefoot. He was running this whole way barefoot.

The light bulb in my head light up and I headed for the street. I looked at the address of a passing building and realized I was in the south of the town. I smirked and realized I was near a construction zone. There was tons of gravel near there.

I also new it was a hide out for the Dandies.

Come and get me Brendon. I dare you.

I ran with all I had left. I was tired and my sides were feeling it. I clenched onto one of my sides and I turned down a street and missing a car by seconds. I heard Brendon collide with it and a horn. I glanced back and could see Brendon on top of the car. He punched the windshield before getting off.

I took one more turn and I could see the Dandie hideout, “William!”

I had screamed on the top of my lungs. I knew one of the Dandies was going to hear me. They would recognize me. They would probably helped me because if they didn’t they would have to answer to William. That wouldn’t be pretty.

I screamed even louder then I thought possible, “BECKETT!”

I could see the door open and sure enough there was William standing in the doorway. He gave me a weird look and as I got near the fenced in yard. It was about hip high Queen Victoria style. The whole black ones with spikes if you know what I mean.

My adrenaline rush some how got me over that fence and on my feet, “William help me!”

William materialized in front of me, “What’s wrong?”

“She’s mine!”

Out of no where Brendon was near us and swung as hard as he could at William. William caught Brendon’s arm and looked at Brendon. His eyes narrowed and Brendon snarled at William.

William’s cupid bow twitched and he turned Brendon’s arm as fast as he could. It spun Brendon to the ground and I could hear the groan. William’s foot now stood on Brendon’s chest and William called more Dandies out.

They came and got Brendon and took him in their house. William grabbed me with out a word and started to walk me up the stairs towards the house. Once in he let go of me and shut the door. He locked the door and turned to me.

“I want you to go in that living room and don’t move till I get there to see you. Understand?” I nodded and William continued harshly, “Well go. Now!”

Oh man, this was some crazy shit.

**********************
♠ ♠ ♠
So what is this? Two updates foe this in a week? Sweet huh?

Look at it this way, it's a present from me to you. It was long as hell and I hope you like it. It’s not long for me but it is for you.

Please comment and subscribe. It let’s me know if you like it or not.

Thank you for reading and those who comment every time.
It does mean the most to me.

Also...This may not matter to you but it does to me: I'M GOING TO SEE MY CHEMCIAL ROMANCE LIVE! Finally! After eight years of not being able to go I can now! What a present from my mom. We don't have a lot of money so this is huge for me. (I think my mom skipped a bill so she could pay for it) It's not till April 8 but at least I got my ticket before it sold out. :D