‹ Prequel: Deadly Kiss
Sequel: You're Overdue
Status: Complete. Sequel is up.

Holding My Heart

27 Empty Bottles of Gin

************
Ann’s POV

It has been two nights since Brendon chased me over downtown. Now he was back in a frenzy state. It was sickening and scary how he fought against the restraints. His poor wrists were constantly bleeding and trying to heal. He had to have felt that but ignored it.

William had decided tonight was the night to move him. Gerard had agreed and also liked the idea of me staying with them. I wasn’t surprised in the slightest. I knew he wanted me there. I had a feelings he wanted me to torture Brendon with. Even if William denied any of those claims he thought Gerard was a good man.

Gerard spoke softly next to William and I, “We have to figure out how to get him there safely.”

I pointed at the bedroom Brendon was in, “You can’t just dematerialize and take him?”

William shook his head, “He’s to violent right now. We’d get killed even if he was tied up.”

Gerard looked at me, “So we thought of an alternative.”

Even William looked at me and I felt scared, “What. Me? What can I do?”

“How far can you run?”

I thought of two nights ago and felt my knees go weak, “Pretty far if I have to.”

“We were wondering if you could do that again.”

“How far do I have to go?”

Gerard cleared his throat, “There is a house on Rudolph and Michigan that I need you to get to. The house is real close to Grant Park.”

I knew these streets better then anyone, “And where are we currently? “

William looked at Gerard, “Near the corner of Franklin and Washington”

Gerard smiled, “So you can go up to Rudolph now or just take Washington down to Michigan and then up.”

William seemed upset with the plan, “But we would suggest not taking any of the main roads and you finding a more dark way there. We don’t want Brendon being near the public. It could endanger a lot of people.”

Gerard snorted, “Since when did you become all save-the-people like?”

“I’m just saying it would make it easier for Ann. She has to risk her life for this. Besides, I enjoy killing humans and Brendon would take out the fun in that.”

Gerard got a little vile, “We could just kill him and it would be all over.”

I smacked William’s arm, “See! He wants him dead!”

William looked from Gerard to me, “Ann please. Calm down. We’re not going to kill Brendon. But if you want to do this then we need to do this now.”

“I’ll do it. You know I will.”

William sighed, “Ok. Now we just have to figure out how to keep Brendon attached to you and not to any human.”

I smiled, “Any of you got a pocket knife?”

Gerard dug into his pocket and handed it to me, “Girl scouts of america huh?”

He glared, “Shut up. It’s not my fault she didn’t hand over the cookies.”

I shook my head and walked into the room Brendon was being kept in. The boys followed and I continued to look and Brendon struggle. He was even growling which was a little scary.

This man was about to come after me again. I was terrified. I’m not going to lie. Brendon like this was horrifying. If he caught me he could rip out my throat if he wanted to. I wasn’t going to put it past him.

I looked down at myself. I was still in the same clothes as from two days ago but with no shoes. I was going to have to be barefoot for this one. I ran faster barefoot. So did he and I know that.

But it was still unsettling.

I pulled out the blade on the small pocket knife out and I simply sliced a small cut across my lower arm. William and Gerard both turned away from the smell and Brendon stopped moving. He sniffed the air and I watched him rip his arms away from his restraints. I stepped back and dropped the knife.

Brendon sat up and removed the blindfold. He looked at me and barred those teeth. He leaned down and started on the restraints on his legs. I turned around and past William and Geared as fast as I could.

“William what way out?”

I could hear him yell, “Down the stairs to your left. Then to your right. You’ll pass the living room to the door. Ignore the Dandies!”

I didn’t waste anytime down the hall. I felt like my feet were getting rug burn from the carpet. I slipped down those steps two at a time hoping I wouldn’t fall. I was a natural klutz and it would just be my luck too.

The few newborn Dandies here were watching me intensely on why I was running and bleeding. They knew I wasn’t to be harmed and William would kill anyone who would touch me. I really happy about that.

I could hear a voice as I passed him, “Someone open the front door for her.”

I spoke as I practically jumped out of the house, “Thanks!”

I could hear a loud bang come from the house and I figured Brendon had made his way down to the Dandies. I had a feeling they might help me out. Maybe by giving me a head start. Oh, how I was hoping.

I ran down the yard and opened the fence. I slipped through and I could see Brendon at the door. He saw me and stopped. I closed the gate and I could feel the warm liquid continue to slide down my arm and into my hand.

I smiled, “Come get me.”

He smirked and dematerialized in front of me, “You make it too easy human.”

“Really?”

I decided to kick him where the sun doesn’t shine and booked it. I needed my own head start. I didn’t even look back. I knew he’d follow me regardless. He wanted to. He wanted my blood. He could smell it and it was going to attract him.

I knew that was going to save a lot of humans because of this. I knew that if he could smell me it would be me he’d want. I have that taste he craves and always has. This was the one thing that was probably going to kill me. One I was on Washington I headed east down Washington.

I could see a crowd of people coming this way and I booked it down an ally way. Brendon slid to a halt and I looked back. He was debating to come after me or the people down there. I saw him step forward and I looked back in front of me.

He appeared in front of me and I crashed into him. He grabbed onto my hands and I knew I was screwed. I tried to pull away from the death grip but he wasn’t having at of it. He pushed me against on of the grimy walls down here and I could see the people walk by were we had just been.

He placed a finger against my lips to hush me. I wasn’t planning on screaming but he must have assumed so. I looked back at him and he was smirking. He pressed himself closer to me and I wanted to gag. He even slipped a leg between mine making it harder to kick him.

As much as I would love Brendon’s body against mine, today wasn’t the day that I wanted that. I struggled underneath him. I was absolutely terrified it was going to end here. I didn’t want to die.

Brendon pulled my arm with the wound close to him and licked across it slowly. I stared in disgust and I could hear a moan reverberate through his chest. I tried to get him to release either hand but I wasn’t really having any luck.

He did let go of my non bleeding hand and held my hip against the wall as he continued to lick away at the blood. I reached over and punched him the best I could. I learned basic fighting skills with Pete but this might kill me.

He sighed and released my hip to hold that flaying arm to the wall, “You know you really should stop trying to piss me off. I mean we are in a dark ally and I have more then a few bad ideas on my mind.”

So with that comment I head butted him even if the pain made me dizzy. He released me and I stumbled down the ally way back out to the street. I held onto my head and continued to run in my dazed state.

I knew in a few blocks we were going to pass city hall. Which could work out for me or go against me. I didn’t know But my feet were already feeling it. My knees as well. My knees felt like they had been chopped off there was so much pain in them. My feet pushed off that cement as if it were a magnet repelling from another magnet.

I could hear Brendon behind me. He recovered a little faster then I expected but I wasn’t too worried. I was scared now. I was alone with no one. And this was going to get only more dangerous.

Then what happened next was upsetting. I was grabbed. Not by Brendon. But by Pete, “Whoa partner, where’s the fire?”

“Let go of me!”

“Ann calm down, it’s me Pete.”

I growled, “I know it’s fucking you let me go!”

“Why?”

I got to get Brendon out of here.”

“What are you-”

Brendon looked like he was going to rip Pete to pieces, “Get your hands off of her.”

Pete pulled me behind his back and stood defensive against Brendon. “Is he still rabid?”

I was panting and my head was clearing up even with the dull ache, “Yes. I’m transferring him to a new place. I need you to let me go before he causes any trouble.”

“Ann, I can’t let you do this. He is too dangerous.”

I ripped away from Pete, “I’m sorry Pete I need to. I’ll be fine.”

Brendon tried to move to the left and Pete mirrored the actions. “He’s a monster. We need to kill him!”

“No Pete, William has a plan.”

“And where have those plans gotten you? You’ve been kidnapped god only knows how many times and now your so called boyfriend is a rabid vampire. I think William’s plans aren’t working in your benefits.”

I pushed the sides of my wound open to get some more blood out, “I don’t care Pete. I need to do this.”

“Ann, if you do this I will kill Brendon. When I find him.”

“Do that Pete and I’ll stake you.”

He sounded upset, “Nice to know what side you took.”

“I’m not on the opposite side Pete. I’m just trying to get Brendon better. After that you can kill William and who ever. I need Brendon.”

“No you don’t.”

My sides started to hurt from the running and I started to rub them, “Yes I do. He is a good man Pete. He’s just in trouble. Remember when you were rabid? Patrick told me you had no one to help you. I’m going to help Brendon. I’m going to get him to handle animal blood. Don’t give up on him.”

Pete shook his head keeping an eye on Brendon, “He isn’t anything like me.”

“Maybe not but I can hope. Go home Pete. Let me do this. Trust me on this.”

“I don’t want to lose you Ann.”

“You won’t Pete.”

I turned and ran down the street. I could hear a bit of a shuffle behind me and a few growls. Brendon was older then Pete and probably stronger. I wasn’t hoping too much. Maybe Pete being the stronger newborn he would hold up his own and hurt Brendon enough to let this go easier.

I looked back and sure enough Pete let Brendon past. Pete appeared next to me, “How far do you have to go?”

I started running again, “About six more blocks.”

Pete was running with me, “Can you make it?”

“I hope so.”

“How about I grab him and you grab me and I’ll take you there to the corner of Michigan and Washington?”

“Can you? He might kill you.”

He stopped running and I did, “Worth a try isn’t it?”

Pete grabbed onto my arm that wasn’t bleeding and Brendon didn’t waste any time grabbing my bleeding arm. His lips attached to the wound and dug in. I grunted and Brendon didn’t seem to care.

We appeared near the park and I could see the Chicago Cultural Center from here. I could also see William and Gerard. So much for there being a house. Brendon pulled away to move into a new spot and I pulled my arm away. William grabbed on to Brendon and Pete pulled me away.

Brendon’s mouth was bloody and he obviously wasn’t full. I gripped on to Brendon and they dematerialized. Gerard came up to me and smiled. He looked at my arm and looked away. He hadn’t feed in a while either.

Gerard sighed, “He isn’t a part of our deal.”

Pete rolled his eyes, “I’m not staying. I’m more worried about you.”

Gerard looked at him in disgust, “What are you accusing me of?”

“No offense boys but I’m bleeding. Can we please get Brendon indoors?”

Brendon thrashed, “Prick!”

William dematerialized with Brendon and I threw my hands in the air, “Thank you assholes!”

Gerard cracked up and Frank appeared next to him, “I thought I heard a barn owl screech.”

Gerard held his hand out, “Come on. We’ll get you cleaned up.”

I looked at Pete and he frowned. He nodded after a bit and let me go. I knew that look. It meant to stay in touch as best as I could. Which I was going to. I walked up to Gerard and I let my hand slip into his.

I was hoping I wasn’t making a mistake here.
*********
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Please comment and subscribe.

OMG The full version of The Balled Of Mona Lisa is out. TIS AMAZING! XD
Though I watched the trailer for teh music video and Brendon's smile creeped me out. >.> <.< I seriously felt a little fight or flee kick in. It was intense.