‹ Prequel: Deadly Kiss
Sequel: You're Overdue
Status: Complete. Sequel is up.

Holding My Heart

31 Stockpiled Millions of My Memories.

******
Brendon’s POV

It felt nice being outside. The air felt so fresh to me. My senses even felt a little over powered. The wind just seemed to race across my skin. Again, I was walking down the streets of Chicago barefoot. But I didn’t mind. I was just happy to be out.

I wasn’t going to rush to find Ann just yet. I wanted to go find Pete first. He would help me. Or so I hoped. But in the end I would end up making him if he didn’t help. It’s Ann! He has to help her.

I felt a little sore still. My body felt so much better it wasn’t even funny. I felt like I could take on all the Dandies and still be strong enough to fight Pete. I haven’t felt this good in so long.

When I made it to their hideout I knocked on the door. Patrick had opened it in pure shock but let me in. I told him a quick story of what had happen and trying to avoid anything about me being dangerous. I tried to leave out anything like what I had done to William or the starving myself. I didn’t want him to panic.

Pete sauntered in half way through my story and he didn’t seem too impressed by me. I had a feeling he and I were never going to be equals. He refused to accept me. Even more now.

I sighed, “So I just need some help to get her back. Then we can figure out what to do then. Though, I plan on killing Gerard. I don’t want him surviving.”

Pete looked over to me, “And William?”

“I don’t think he is going to make it through the night.”

Patrick looked confused, “What happened to William?”

I got deadpan, “There was an accident. He probably is dead by now.”

Pete stepped closer, “What did you do?”

I shook my head, “I deny association. I left after all it blew over. I wanted to sneak out. I didn’t stick around for details.”

Pete eventually agreed to help me. Patrick, Joe and Andy would be there too. So we sat down and started planning. We were going to get Ann back. I was going to kill Gerard too. I wasn’t going to screw this up. I’m done being afraid of William.

**********
Ann’s POV

I woke up in the bed I had fallen asleep in. It was rather quiet and I had no idea what time it was. I pretty much just lied sprawled under the blankets. I just wanted to sleep. It had been a while lately since I had a decent night of sleep.

When I had decided to roll over I was met with Gerard laying on his side next to me. I nearly jumped out of my skin when he appeared. I groaned and moved away from him.

“Go away Gerard.”

“You haven’t tried to leave yet.”

I rolled my eyes, “What’s the point? It’s not like I could leave if I wanted to.”

He shrugged, “Yeah; that sounds about right.”

I sighed and sat up. I forced the blankets off of me and got out of the bed. I wanted to make sure there was enough distance between Gerard and I. I looked over at him and he was staring intently at me.

“Ann you need to calm down. I’m not going to do anything.”

“You know I don’t trust you Gerard. You want to turn me.”

He assured me that he wasn’t planning on it right now. He said he wanted me to have time to get over Brendon. There was no way of ‘getting over Brendon’ because he was the one I loved and well, Gerard was nothing. Well, to me at least.

“I’ll never get over Brendon. I love him and I always will. Even if that is extremely cliché it’s the truth.”

Within seconds Gerard was in front of me and had gripped onto my wrists, “Remember when I told you I could take beauty as easily give it?

I nodded and remembered the episode with the flower. How it had died with a simple touch and how he brought it back to life. I was almost afraid he was going to kill me here and right now.

“I can make you forget Brendon. It would take a matter of seconds.”

I felt a burning sensation against my wrists where he was holding onto me. I whimpered at the pain and tried to move away from him but he pulled me close. I was nearly against him.

He leaned his lips closer and they brushed my neck, “Gerard, don’t. Please.”

He spoke against my skin, “It would be so simple. So easy. You wouldn’t feel a thing. No pain. No loss.”

I was beginning to wonder if he was actually talking about turning me rather then the idea of Brendon being removed from my memories. I felt him lick across my neck and then I started to struggle. I wasn’t going to be turned.

“Let go of me!”

I wiggled ever which way and I could feel the pain in my wrists start to get worse. He was telling me to calm down but I wasn’t having any of it. I wanted him to let go and let go now.

When I had moved to kicked him and released me and I fell to the floor on my butt. The hardwood floor wasn’t nice to my tailbone. I was sure I was going to have trouble sitting for a while. I looked at my wrists and they were red. They looked burned.

I looked up at Gerard and he was staring down at me, “You need to stop fighting me.”

He stepped forward and I scooted backwards till I hit a dresser behind me, “Stay away from me.”

My wrists continued to ache as Gerard leaned down in front of me. He reached for my one of my hands and I wanted to pull away but it was going to result in more pain. He looked at it and frowned. He brought my wrist to his lips and kissed it softly.

I tried to use my other hand to push his head away but he acted like I wasn’t even trying and his cold lips were almost making the pain worse. A few of the kisses he did place on the red area was a little soothing but I wasn’t going to let him get away with this.

He released my hand and I pulled away both of my hands from anywhere near him. I tried to stand up and he did. Once I was standing I looked behind me. I picked up a pen from the top of the dresser.

“Get away from me or this is going to end up in your eye.”

The edge of Gerard’s lips almost curled up and he raised his hands defensively. He backed away from me and I started walking towards the bedroom door. I wasn’t staying any longer. I was leaving and I was leaving now.

I opened the door and he was staring at me intently. I slipped through and closed the door. I booked it down the hallway and didn’t care where I was going. I descended the stairs and I was in a kitchen. There was a door leading out but it wouldn’t budge. I made sure it was unlocked but it still wouldn’t open.

I traded my pen for a knife here and kept moving. I tried a window in the near by hallways and it wouldn’t open either. I kept going trying any window or door I could. I was met with doors to different rooms but nothing outside. Even the front door wasn’t even able to open.

I stuck the knife near the lock on the front door and tried to pry it away from the door frame. It was slowly working but not enough to help me fast enough. I kept trying and my worst nightmare happened.

The knife broke as I tried to continue prying the lock away. I glared at the piece of metal of the blade still stuck in between the door frame and the lock. I just stared at it like it was going to change and magically let me out. I cursed and moved to try something else.

I wasn’t giving up and I was getting out of here tonight.
********
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading.
Please comment and subscribe. I really could use some love. Please, I know a lot of you are silent readers but I really wish you would comment. Please? Even if you comment with " :)" I'll be fine. XD
Thanks to those who do take the time to comment. It means a lot to me. <3

Predictions?