Sequel: The Webs We Weave

A Part Of Me

Chapter 14

Brody POV

I was sitting on the couch at the front of Escape The Fate’s tour bus; I had my arms crossed over my chest as I looked out the window. I warned Ronnie to try and keep his distance from Alexis and what does he do? He keeps going near her and he totally didn’t listen to me; what’s worse is that he got stoned as soon as I left our apartment.

“Let’s turn that frown upside down” Max said plopping down in front of me on the couch; he smiled cheerfully at me when my eyes locked onto him. I signed quietly as I looked back out the window; I was watching everything fly past us when I felt Max softly rub my knee, I looked back over at him to see he had a goofy smile on his handsome face.

“Come on Brodes” Max said while his right hand cupped my left cheek; his thumb gently stroking my skin.

“I’m fine Max” I said quietly; I loved the feelings I got when Max touched me, I got butterflies when I saw him and I smiled when I heard his name or someone talked about him.

“You will be soon” Max smirked making me frown in confusion; what the hell did that mean? I squealed when Max pushed me backwards so my back was on the couch; Max was sitting on my legs as his hands attacked my sides.

“Max, stop!” I laughed as Max continued to tickle me.

“Hell no, I’m having way too much fun” Max laughed as my moved my body around trying to get away from him; I tried grabbing his hands to stop him, I tried pushing him off me but nothing worked!

“Ronnie!” I screamed loudly as happy tears formed in my eyes from laughing so hard.

“Broden, what…” Ronnie said in panic as he ran to the front of the bus; when he saw what was happening he stopped and just stared at us.

“Help me Ronnie” I pleaded looking at my big brother; I just worried when I saw the smug smirk form on Ronnie’s lips.

“Ronnie, don’t” I warned as Ronnie grabbed hold of my arms pinning them above my head; both Ronnie and Max were smiling and laughing as I squealed trying to get away from them.
“What’s going on here?” We heard someone ask; Max’s hands stopped and rested on my waist as all three of us looked over to see Alexis, Bryan and Robert standing there looking at us.

“Well done guys, you woke Lex up” I said.

“We woke her up? You’re the one screaming and squealing” Ronnie said looking down at me.

“Well I wouldn’t be if Max didn’t attack me” I said causing Ronnie and I to look over at Max.

“Well I wouldn’t have to attack you if you weren’t moping around the bus” Max defended himself.

“I wasn’t moping” I said rolling my eyes; Ronnie released my arms so I could sit up, I wiggled my legs out from under Max. I stood up as I hit Ronnie and Max up the head at the same time; I then hid behind Lex who was giggling quietly, Bryan and Robert shook their heads as they headed back to the back of the bus so they could continue to play video games.

“Can I get you anything?” I asked Lex once I was safe from my brother and Max.

“Umm, I’m kind of thirsty but I can get it myself” Lex said but I was already skipping towards the little kitchen; I got Lex a glass of water as she sat down at the booth.

“Thank you” Alexis smiled as she sipped her water; I sat opposite her at the booth. After about 3 hours of driving we finally arrived in Pomona which is where the first show is; we were driving through the city towards the venue. Everyone was sitting at the front of the bus; I was sitting next to Max at the booth with Alexis and Bryan opposite us, while Ronnie, Chris and Robert were sitting on the couches. I was looking out the window again trying to see everything I could when the bus suddenly hit a bump in the road; seeing as my face was close to the window the bump made me head butt the window.

“Ow” I moaned holding my nose where it hurt most; all I heard was loud laughing coming from everyone, I pouted as I looked down at the table.

“Shut up” I mumbled but of coarse no one listened to me which caused me to cross my arms over my chest; a blush covered my cheeks as Max threw his arm around my shoulders, Alexis quickly caught my eye and she was smiling widely as her eyes flickered from me to Max. I quickly gave her the ‘shut up’ look which caused her to smirk as my blush deepened; I was so glad that everyone else was laughing that they didn’t notice my blush or Max’s arm, if Ronnie saw then all hell would break loose.