Sequel: The Webs We Weave

A Part Of Me

Chapter 21

Brody’s POV

“They say this is the city
The city of angels
All I see is dead wings,
They say this is the city
The city of angels
All I see is dead wings”
I sang as I danced around in the kitchen area of the Escape The Fate bus; I knew I should have listened to Max last night when he told me not to drink a coffee right before I went to bed.

I stopped dead in the tracks as I saw Alexis running into the bathroom; she had one hand covering her mouth as she locked the bathroom door. I titled my head to the side when I heard the horrible noise of Lex throwing up; I walked from the kitchen area to the bathroom.

“Lex, are you alright in there?” I asked as I knocked on the bathroom door softly; I didn’t want to be to loud incase I woke the guys up.

“I don’t feel so good Brodes” I heard Alexis’ muffled whine coming from the other side of the door.

“Can I get you anything? What can I do?” I asked as I started to worry about my best friend; I heard the toilet flush and water running.

“I need to talk with you” Alexis said as she opened the door; I stepped aside so Lex could walk out. I followed her over to the couches; once we were sitting down I turned to look at her.

“So what’s the throwing up all about? Are you sick?” I asked while I placed my right hand on her forehead; she didn’t have a fever.

“No I’m not sick” Alexis mumbled when I took my hand off her forehead.

“Then what’s wrong?” I asked letting my eyebrows pull together in worry and panic.

“Well Ronnie and I had a talk yesterday; I told him some things. About my dad and my other boyfriends; Ronnie told me that he loved me which I said back. Then we…” Lex trailed off as my eyes were glued to her face.

“You two what?” I asked hoping she would keep talking.

“We slept together and… Ronnie forgot to use protection” Alexis mumbled. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open; I felt like I was just slapped in the face. I totally did not see that coming.

“You think you’re pregnant?” I breathed out as I sat on the couch next to my best friend in shock.

“I don’t know. But think about it Brody; we had unprotected sex, I’m throwing up, I’m not feeling good, I’m not hungry” Lex trailed off all the things that happened; they all pointed to her being pregnant.

“Oh. My. God” I whispered letting my dark brown eyes lock onto Lex’s blue eyes; her eyes were starting to water while I sat on the couch with my mouth hanging open.

“Morning girls” I heard Max’s voice sound as he walked into the front of the bus; once he reached us he leaned down to press his soft lips onto my cheek.

“Babe, why is your mouth open? Lex, are you going to cry? What’s wrong?” Max asked us as he started to worry.

“Nothing we’re fine, just girl stuff” Lexi replied as she quickly wiped her eyes; the bus as soon filled with Ronnie, Bryan and Robert. Once everyone had something to eat the guys started to get ready for their performance; I noticed Alexis trying to stay near me or Bryan or Robert.

“Good luck guys, you’ll do great” I smiled brightly as I hugged the guys while I kissed Max on his lips. Once the guys were walking towards the stage my body was spun around by a scared Alexis.

“Brody, can you please go get me a test?” Alexis practically begged me.

“Yeah sure, I’ll go now” I nodded before Lex attacked me in a hug; I grabbed my handbag before walking off the bus.

I quickly walked to the closest drug store which didn’t take me long seeing as it was just down the street; I walked around the store for a few minutes until I finally found the pregnancy tests. I grabbed four tests and then made my way to the check out counter; I also grabbed two bottles of water, once I paid for everything I quickly started walking back to the venue. I flashed the guards my backstage pass then I practically ran towards the bus; I burst through the door and tripped up the stairs before finding Alexis pacing.

“I got four tests and two bottles of water” I said trying to catch my breath; I handed the bags to Lex who walked straight into the bathroom. I was pacing outside the bathroom as I waited for Lex to be finished; I heard the toilet flush for the fourth time before Lex opened the door and pulled me into the tiny bathroom.

“So we just wait now?” I asked as my eyes landed on the four upside down tests; Lex nodded as we both leaned against the sink.

“It’s time” Lex whispered; I watched as she slowly turned over all the tests. We gasped at the same time; all four tests were positive.

“I’m going to be an Aunty” I whispered as my eyes widened again.

“I’m pregnant, I’m going to be a mum” Alexis whispered as she slowly sunk to the ground. I was quick to sit next to her when I saw a few tears fall down her cheeks; I wrapped my arms around her body as I let her cry on my shoulder.

“Why did this have to happen to me? Why did this happen now!” Alexis cried as I rubbed her back to try and calm her down.

“You have to tell Ronnie” I said making Lex raise her head to look at me.

“No, please Brody. You can’t tell him, not now. I just want to get me head around this before I tell him, before I tell anyone. Please Brodes you have to promise me, promise me you won’t tell anyone” Alexis begged me.

“Fine I promise, but you can’t keep something like this from Ronnie for long. If you don’t tell him soon then I will” I said watching as Lex wiped her eyes.

“Thank you B” Lex smiled pulling me into a hug. We stood up and placed all the tests back into the boxes and back into the brown paper bag; once Lex hid the bag under all her clothes we just stood there looking at each other.

“You’re going to be a mum! I’m going to be an aunty” I squealed grabbing both of Lex’s hands in mine as we both started squealing and jumping around. Once we calmed down we ran into the back of the bus as we heard the guys coming on; we quickly sat on the couch and took a few deep breathes to calm us down.

“Brody” Max sang as he jumped onto the couch next to me. I started giggling when Max started placing butterfly kisses on my cheek and neck; my eyes followed my brother as he sat next to Alexis. I felt Max wrap his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him; I watched as Ronnie kissed Lex’s cheek and then Lex walk away, leaving behind a shocked Ronnie.

“What’s wrong with Lex?” Ronnie turned his attention onto me; I made the mistake of looking into his eyes. I can never lie to anyway especially my brother.

“Nothing, she’s just not feeling well” I said; which is kind of the truth so I’m not really lying to my brother. I just hope he’s not mad at me when he founds out that I’ve known about the baby all along.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Distillers - City Of Angels

Comment Please!