Sequel: The Webs We Weave

A Part Of Me

Chapter 31

Broden POV

I was sitting at the booth on the bus as Robert cooked everyone breakfast; Craig was calling or texting Alexis, Bryan was helping Leila colour in, and Max was sitting next to me trying to cheer me up. I’ve been in a bad mood even since Alexis left yesterday; no one has any ideas on where she is because here phone is turned off. How dare she say that I’m just like Ronnie! I mean I know we’re alike but not in the way she meant it.

“Come on babe, please cheer up” Max pleaded before placing butterfly kisses on my right cheek and neck.

“She’s still not answering her phone” Craig mumbled as he walked into the front of the bus.

“I hope you’re happy now” Craig glared as he turned his attention onto me; I looked up at him as he stared me down.

“Craig” Max warned firmly.

“I’m not the one who ran away this time, if you want to blame someone then blame Alexis” I defended myself.

“She was right about you, you are just like Ronnie. You’re both selfish, self-centered, uncaring, heartless, ungrateful users” Craig said harshly; I tried not to let his words affect me but they did.

They cut me deep and I couldn’t stop the tears that started to form in my eyes. Before anyone could say or do anything I was running out the door; I somehow managed to grab my phone and purse before I was off the bus. I think everyone was too shocked by what Craig said to even move because no one came after me; which is what I wanted. I was able to use one of the black SUV’s that the bands were allowed to use; it didn’t take me long until I was driving towards the highway. I knew exactly where I was going and who I was going to go see; I needed to see him now.

I pulled onto the side of the road so I could make a quick phone call; my fingers were trembling as I dialed the familiar number.

“Hello baby” I heard the deep voice of my father; even through Ronnie and him didn’t get along well, I had a great relationship with him.

“Hi Daddy” I smiled resting my head on the headrest; my right hand started to rub circles on my tiny baby bump.

“What’s up sweetie? I heard about Ronnie and his girl” Dad sounded so proud; I hope I’ll make him proud too.

“I have to tell you something Dad” I told him quietly.

“What is it baby? You can tell me anything” Dad reassured me quickly; I took a deep breath before I could tell him.

“Well you know Max and I are dating, we really love each other. And well I’m… I’m pregnant” I said quietly but loud enough for him to hear me.

“You’re pregnant too? Oh wow baby, well I’m proud of you. I just hope Max treats you well because if he doesn’t…” Dad trailed off causing me to chuckle.

“I know Dad, thank you. Listen I have to go, I just wanted to let you know. I’ll talk to you later, I love you” I said.

“I love you too sweetheart” Dad said before we hung up; then I started driving again.

It didn’t take me long until I was parking the SUV in the jail car park; I climbed out slowly before locking the doors. I headed to the front office to make a visit appointment; I saw a few people waiting so I walked up to the front desk. I told the receptionist who I wanted to see and who I was; I was able to go see Ronnie now, they just have to go get him. I walked through the metal detector which I hated; I hated those detectors with a passion. I sat down in the little booth that the guard pointed out; I looked through the glass screen as I waited for my big brother.

“Hey Ronnie” I signed as we quickly picked up the phones; it was so good to see him even if he looked like crap.

“Hey Brodes, how are you princess?” Ronnie smiled brightly; it was so good to hear his voice again.

“I’m fine, what about you?” I asked as I leaned forward in my chair.

“Oh I’m fine, don’t worry about me. So tell what’s been happening?” Ronnie quickly changed the subject; I didn’t argue with him because he looked tired.

“A lot actually, Alexis and I had a fight last night. She took off and no one knows where she is; no one has been any to contact her. But we’ll keep trying. Craig brought his daughter on tour with us; she so cute” I told Ronnie what’s been happening.

“And you? What’s been happening with you?” Ronnie asked his brown eyes were now full with happiness.

“Umm… well Max and I are still going strong. I’m also found out that I’m pregnant” I whispered the last part.

“You’re what? You’re pregnant! Max made you fucking pregnant!” Ronnie raised his voice.

“Ronnie, please! This is a good thing. You’re going to be an uncle” I said trying to calm him down; when I didn’t I placed my palm against the cold glass, Ronnie signed as he to placed his palm on the glass over mine.

“It’s just a bit of a shock that’s all. I don’t even want to think about Max and you… My best friend doing my baby sister” Ronnie said in disgust; I giggled when I saw him shutter.

“Well it was only once…” I said but I was cut off by Ronnie telling me he didn’t want to hear it.

Ronnie that asked to see so I stood up and showed him the little baby bump I had; that made Ronnie cheer up. I told Ronnie how well Max and Dad told the news, I explained what Lex and I fought about, he didn’t like her comparing us together, and then I told him about what Craig said to me this morning.

“That little fucking prick, how dare he talk to you like that. I swear when I get out of here…” Ronnie trailed off in anger; I noticed his knuckles were turning white as he clenched his hands into fists.

“Ronnie, it’s fine. Just forgot about it” I tried to calm him down; when he didn’t tears started to form in my eyes again but this time they fell.

“Oh princess, I’m sorry. Please don’t cry” Ronnie begged me; he placed his palm back on the glass making me place my on his.

“I can’t help it Ronnie. I hate seeing you in here, I hate don’t having you around me. I need you Ronnie, I need you so much. It’s not the same on the bus without you, I know the guys are trying to help me but it’s not working. I only want you, I don’t want Craig. He’s ruining everything! He replaced you, you asked Alexis to be his girlfriend which she said yes too. I hate everything now” I cried; my tears were falling fast and heavy sops escaped from my throat.

“Lex is with Craig now?” Ronnie whispered; I looked into his big brown eyes to see pain and heartbreak. I couldn’t answer him now so I just nodded my head.

“I’m so sorry Ronnie, I should have done something but I didn’t know until yesterday” I said as I held the phone between my ear and shoulder; with my other hand I wiped my tears away but they still continued to fall.

“It’s not your fault Brodes, I just wish that Lex told me” Ronnie signed sadly.

“I’m so sorry Ron Ron” I whispered using the nickname I gave him when I was little; I saw a smile form on his lips as he heard my old nickname.

“Please stop crying B, I hate seeing you like this. I hate seeing what I’ve done to you” Ronnie apologized which just made me cry more.

“I can’t help it Ronnie, all I want is you and I can’t have you. I want to be able to run into your arms and forget everything, I want to go to a show and be lifted onto your shoulders because I can’t see, I want to defend you when you get us kicked out of a place, I want to help you get us kicked out of places, I want to crawl into your bed and sleep next to you when I can’t sleep. I miss everything we used to do together and I just want that all back” I told my brother; I noticed the tears that were forming in his eyes.

“I just want my big brother back” I whispered as tears fell down my cheeks.

“Excuse me but your time is up” A guard told me. What? My time was up already?

“I love you so much Brodes, I will always love you. Please find Lex for me. And send my photos of the baby and write to me” Ronnie said quickly as he leaned forward in his seat.

“I will and I love you too Ronnie, so much. I’ll visit you whenever I can” I said before we blew kisses at each other at the same time. We shared a laugh before we had to leave; I wiped my tears away as I walked away from my brother yet again.