Sequel: The Webs We Weave

A Part Of Me

Chapter 33

Broden POV

Once I arrived back at the bus after I visited Ronnie we were travelling again; we were going to Las Cruses, New Mexico. Everyone was worrying about Alexis because we weren’t sure if she knew where we were going; Craig was still trying to get in contact with Lex but I couldn’t really care less right now. Things on the bus where tense and awkward; well things were tense and awkward between Craig and I. He still hasn’t apologized to me for saying those things and honestly I wasn’t holding my breath.

Right now I was in the bathroom doing my hair; I had just given Leila a shower so she was sitting on the toilet watching me while Bryan watched me from the doorway. I honestly don’t know why the guys have to watch my every move; it’s not like I’m going to hurt myself or something. I grabbed Leila’s hand once I was finished; Bryan walked behind us as we entered the front of the bus. Leila ran over to Craig who was staring at his phone again; Bryan walked over to the couch to sit next to Robert while I walked over to Max who was sitting at the booth.

“Hey babe” Max said wrapping his arms around my waist; I smiled as I leaned my body into his.

“Hi Max” I smiled as I felt Max kiss my forehead.

I looked up to see that he was already looking down at me; my eyes shut as Max pressed his warm soft lips onto mine. Our kiss was tender, loving and passionate; I smiled into our kiss when I felt Max’s hand gently rub circles on my baby bump. Everyone apart from Craig was so fascinated by my stomach; a few times I’ve been lying on the couch and Bryan or Robert will kneel beside me. They’ve touched my stomach and talked to my stomach; I think it’s cute. Max has been talking to my stomach, kissing my stomach and rubbing my stomach everyday since I told him the news.

“Oh get a room you two. Oh wait, you’ve already done that and look how that turned out” Robert laughed making Max and I to pull apart; I felt a blush form on my cheeks so I hid my face in Max’s chest.

I was helping Leila colour in a picture of a loin in the colouring in book that I brought her; Max was watching me while playing with my hair. Bryan and Robert were watching the TV while Craig was staring at his phone and watching his daughter.

“Finally” I heard Craig shout as his phone started ringing.

The text was from Lex; she was going to meet us at the venue in Las Cruces, New Mexico. After that Craig was much more happy but I wasn’t; I was starting to get cravings again. I was craving Lava Cake; which is this chocolate cake filled with hot fudge toped with vanilla ice cream. I was so going to have to stop at a Chili’s Restaurant and get a Lava Cake to go.

I moved up to the very front of the bus so I could sit next to ETF’s manager who was driving the bus; I wanted to be able to stop if I saw a Chili’s restaurant.

“Stop!” I called pointing my finger at the Chili’s restaurant that I was coming up; Chris, ETF’s manager laughed to himself as he parked the bus.

“Be right back” I called as I slowly and carefully ran off the bus.

I ran into the restaurant and straight up to the ordering counter; I ordered a hell of a lot of food. It wasn’t all for me; I was buying for the guys and Leila too. But can you blame me? I’m pregnant and craving; I’m eating for two after all. I waited for my food to be made; once I paid and grabbed all the bags I was power walking back over to the bus.

“What did you do buy everything on the menu?” Bryan laughed as I walked onto the bus; Max was quick to help me with the bags. He was such an amazing and perfect boyfriend; something I wasn’t used too.

“Hey, I’m eating for two remember and I brought lunch for everyone” I said as I handed out the food.

I was lounging on the couch in the front of the bus eating my Lava Cake; Leila was sitting next to me watching Sponge Bob SquarePants. Alright so I was watching it too but can you blame me? It’s a good show. The guys were in the back of the back playing video games I think. We reached the venue quickly; I saw that the crews were already starting to build the stage and the merch tents. A few minutes after the bus was parked there was a knock on the door; now I was feeling lazy today so I called for one of the guys to get the door.

“Thanks Robert” I smiled innocently as he walked past me mumbling under his breath. I heard Robert talking to a female; a female that sounded very familiar.

“Alexis” Leila squealed as Lex walked onto the bus; when our eyes met I quickly looked away from her. The rest of the guys ran into the front of the bus to greet Lex while I stayed on the couch; after everyone had calmed down Lex turned her attention onto me.

“Brody, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean what I said to you, I was just upset and the hormones weren’t helping. I know that what I said hurt you and I hate myself for hurting you; I promised Ronnie I would look after you and so far I haven’t. I’m so sorry B” Lex said standing a few feet away from me; I looked into her blue eyes and saw that she was telling me the truth.

“I’m sorry too Lexi. It’s just you know how protective I get with Ronnie; I hate people hurting him” I said as I stood up; from the corner of my eye I saw Max move closer to my side in case I needed help up. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around Lex’s neck; her arms instantly wrapping around my body too.

“I’m so glad your back, never leave me alone on this bus again” I smiled when I saw the guys roll their eyes at me.

“Well I was thinking of going to see my father” Lex mumbled but everyone heard her.

“What? You want to see your father who made your life hell? No Lex, no way” I said shaking my head slightly.

“This is just something I have to do Brodes” Lex explained; I quickly looked at the guys for help but they were too shocked to do anything. Great help they are.

“No you can’t Lex, I won’t let you go by yourself” I said firmly crossing my arms over my chest.

“What are you saying?” Lex asked as she frowned at me.

“Yeah babe, what are you saying?” Max said now standing beside me; his hand resting on the small of my back.

“I’m going to go with Lex” I said turning my attention onto Max; I hated leaving him but I couldn’t let Alexis go to see her father all alone.

“Broden, no” Alexis said firmly.

“I’m going either you like it or not” I said sternly; she knew instantly that no one was changing my mind. I was just as stubborn as Ronnie sometimes; even Max knew he couldn’t change my mind.