Sequel: The Webs We Weave

A Part Of Me

Chapter 40

Broden POV

I was sitting on my bed with Leila sitting in between my legs; I was doing her hair while Alexis was having a shower. I had just put Leila’s blonde hair into two pigtails when my phone started ringing; I grabbed my phone off my bed and looked at the caller ID. I saw it was Max so I ignored the call; all the guys have been calling and texting Lex and I ever since we got to the hotel.

Alexis walked out of the bathroom just as someone knocked on your door; she was the closest to the door so she opened it. She let the hotel staff into our room; I had ordered room service for our breakfast. Lex gave the waiter a tip before he walked out of our room; Leila had pancakes with honey and apple juice, I had waffles with strawberries and cream and a coffee, and Lex had two blueberry muffins and a coffee.

After we finished eating and the waiter took all our dishes away we decided to just stay in our room; I didn’t feel like running into any of the guys and I really didn’t want to talk to them now. Alexis and I sit on the couch while Leila sits on the floor and plays with her dolls.

“So what are you going to say to Craig?” I ask breaking the silence that filled the room; this was bothering me ever since Craig asked Lex to marry him. I needed to know what Lex was thinking and what she was going to do.

“Honestly I don’t know B, I mean I love him but I’m just not sure yet” Alexis signed as she ran her hand through her hair.

“What about Ronnie? I mean you love him too right? He is the father of your baby and you did met him first; yes you two have had a bumpy start but you still loved him first” I asked her as I turned my head to look at her.

“I do love Ronnie so much but I honestly can see myself being with him in the future; yes if he stays clean he can be in our child’s life. But I can’t see a future with him anymore, with Craig I think I can” Alexis explained to me what was going through her head; her blue eyes were filled with so much confusion.

“Can you just think about it a little longer for me? I don’t want to see you jump into anything again; I mean first you marry Ronnie quickly and now Craig wants to marry you too. Everything is just happening so fast and I don’t want you to say yes just because you think you have to” I told my best friend while placing my hand gently on her arm to comfort her.

“I promise I will think about it Brodes” She smiled slightly at me as she placed her hand over mine.

“Well I think I’m going to call my brothers and check in with them” Alexis told me as she stood up; she grabbed her phone and walked out to the balcony.

Leila made her way over to the couch with her dolls in her arms; I lifted her up placing her next to me. I took one of her dolls from her and joined in; we were role playing with her dolls when I heard a knock on our door. I handed Leila her doll as I stood up and made my way over to the door; I looked through the peep hole to see Max standing there.

I signed quietly as I looked back over to Alexis; she was busy talking non stop on her phone, so she wouldn’t see if I talked to Max. I slowly opened the door a little; the gap wasn’t big but it was enough for us both to see each other quiet well.

“Thank God you opened the door babe” Max signed with relief when he saw it was me and not Alexis who answered the door.

“What do you want Max?” I said quietly as I looked him over; he looked so tired and worried. I hated doing this to him but after what he and the rest of the guys did; I wasn’t in a guilty mood.

“I needed to see you Brodes; I needed to make sure you and our baby were alright. You weren’t answering your phone and you wouldn’t open the door, I was worried about you. I can see now that how we handled things wasn’t the best way; I know why we’re angry with me, with the guys. I miss Ronnie too babe, we all miss him but he had to replace him. We all wanted to keep the band going and we couldn’t do that without a singer; Craig’s the best person for the job” Max told me as he got as close to me as he could. While he was talking he gently rubbed my stomach and stroked my cheek with his fingertips; he was wearing down my wall and he knew it.

“Ronnie’s my big brother Max; you think that I like you replacing him? I don’t and I never will; I know that Craig being here is keeping the band going but you still should have told me. Have you even told Ronnie yet? Because I know that you don’t write letters to him and I never hear you talking to him on the phone” I said letting my eyebrows pull together in a frown.

“Brodes…” Max started to say but I cut him off.

“No Max, you don’t get it. You don’t get how I’m feeling; you were Ronnie’s best friend, he saw you like a brother. You might be missing him but think about how much I miss him. He’s my big brother Max; he’s always been there for me, we’ve been through so much together. He’s not just my brother or my best friend; he’s like my soul mate, I love him so much and it hurts not having him around me” I said blinking back the tears that were quickly forming in my eyes.

Max opened his mouth to say something but he was cut off again but this time it was because Alexis was calling out my name; I heard her stomping over to me as she found me standing by the open door. Alexis walked up behind me, saw it was Max who was talking to me and then she slammed the door shut right in his face.

I walk behind Lex as we walk back over to Leila; right before I start to sit down on the couch I hear my phone ringing. I walk over to my bed and grab it; I see an unknown number so I answer it. It tells out to the Las Vegas prison, Ronnie’s calling me. I smile as I skip over to the balcony.

“Brodes? Princess?” I hear Ronnie’s deep voice come through my phone.

“Hi Ronnie” I almost squealed in happiness.

“Hey baby, how are you?” Ronnie laughed and I knew he would be smiling widely too.

“I’m alright, how are you?” I said trying to sound happy but my voice gave me away.

“I’m good, what’s up?” Ronnie asked as he instantly caught the mood I was in; I signed deeply before I answered.

“Craig Mabbitt has replaced you as the lead singer for Escape The Fate, Max told everyone at yesterday’s show, no one told me, I’m not talking to the guys, and Craig asked Lex to marry him” I said in one breathe; it was so good to talk to him and it was good to tell someone what’s going on.

“What? Why didn’t anyone tell me about Craig fucking Mabbitt? Fuck them! Shit and I thought Max would stand by me through everything; guess I was wrong about that. I haven’t seen or heard from Max since I got in here. I thought he would have stood by me seeing as I was his best friend and he’s dating my baby sister, guess I was wrong. What did Lex say?” Ronnie was yelling in anger but he was starting to slowly calm down.

“She’s thinking about it, she just doesn’t know what to do right now. I mean she still loves you but then she also loves Craig, she’s just confused and she has no idea what to do” I explained to my brother calmly; I really didn’t want to upset him or make him angry again.

“I just want Alexis to be happy B, and if that means marrying Craig then I want her too. I will always love her and my child but I want her to be happy; if Craig makes her happy then he deserves her. But if she thinks I could make her happier then I know she’ll wait for me” Ronnie told me calmly.

We talked for a while longer; I told him how much I missed him, how I wanted him back, how I needed him here with me, how my baby moved yesterday, how weird it felt, how big I’m getting, how I blame Max for making me get fat.

Ronnie told me how much he misses me, how he hates not being with me, how he hates not being able to protect me, how he wishes he could watch my baby grow, feel when my baby moves, how he misses our Dad and how he wishes he never got caught up in all the shit that he did.