Sequel: The Webs We Weave

A Part Of Me

Chapter 42

Broden POV

As soon as I sat down at the table that Ronnie was waiting at I saw a huge smile form on his lips as his whole face lighted up; he didn’t look that great but what can you expect from being in jail.

“Hi Ron Ron” I smiled as I used his old nickname; the nickname he hated but let me call him it because I’m his sister.

“Hi B” Ronnie smiled more as he grabbed both my hands in his; I tightened my grip not wanting to ever let go.

I told Ronnie how I had forgiven Max but not Craig, I told him about Leila, how I made Alexis move in with me, how she was doing, how my baby was doing, how Max and I couldn’t agree on any names.

Ronnie told me about the different people in his ward, the activities he does everyday, how Dad has been visiting a lot, how much he misses us both, how much he loves me. I showed him my baby bump and let him touch my stomach; it was like my baby knew that its Uncle was there because it kicked right under Ronnie’s hand.

Once I was told that my time was up Ronnie gave me a long tight hug and kissed my forehead; I kissed his cheek as we whispered ‘I love you’ in each other’s ear. I walked back over to the waiting room and nodded to Lex; she slowly stood up and walked towards Ronnie.

I read a few magazines that were in the waiting room and talked to some other visitors as I waited for Lex to finish; once she walked into the room I stood up and we walked back towards my car.

“So what did you talk to Ronnie about?” I asked as I drove down the highway; I have just finished telling Lex what Ronnie and I talked about.

“I told him how I was, how our baby was, that we’re having a girl, that I said no to Craig and…” Lex trailed off turning her attention from me to the window.

“And what?” I pushed her for more information.

“That I still love him and want to be with him” Lex whispered and I nearly didn’t hear her; my head snapped over to look at her which caused my car to swerve in my line.

“Broden” Lex screamed as she gripped her seat; I regained control of my car as I looked at the road in front of me.

“Sorry” I breathed out as I calmed down from that shock.

“I just didn’t see that coming that’s all; I thought you would want Craig now” I told her as I pulled off the highway. The rest of the car ride was silent and for once that didn’t bother me; I knew Alexis needed some thinking time and I was going to give her that time, I just hope she makes the right decision without hurting my brother.

Next Day

I was lying on my back on Ronnie’s bed in his room; I was just relaxing and remembering some things that Ronnie and I did together when we were younger, as I played with a bracelet of his that I was wearing.

Flashback

“Hey, where’s your Mom Broden? Did she leave you? Of coarse she did, she doesn’t love you. No one will ever love you, your so ugly and you have a boy’s name” Karl the school bully taunted me while pushing me to the ground.

“Get the hell away from my sister! Don’t you dare touch her again; if you lay one finger on her I promise I will break all your fucking fingers” Ronnie shouted in pure rage as he shoved Karl to the ground; Ronnie helped me stand up, and as I brushed the dirt from my clothes Ronnie kicked Karl in the stomach a few times.

“Ronnie, I want you to look after Brody until I get back alright?” Dad told Ronnie before ruffling his hair and kissing my forehead; I watched as Dad walked out the front door and towards his car, he was off to the pub again.

“Come on princess let’s get some dinner” Ronnie said in his soft voice; the voice he always uses for me. Ronnie grabbed my little hand gently in his warm hand; he led me to the small kitchen as I hugged my teddy bear closer to my small body.

Ronnie lifted me up and placed me in a chair at the dinning table; as Ronnie walked away I got onto my knees so I could actually lean on the table. I watched Ronnie as he made us some Mac n Cheese from a packet; he placed two glasses of water on the table, two spoons and two bowls. I watched as Ronnie filled my bowl with all the Mac n Cheese; I frowned at my brother as he sat next to me with an empty bowl.

“Eat princess” Ronnie told me while brushing some of my black hair out of my face and tucking it behind my ear.

“Share with me Ron Ron” I said looking into my big brothers brown eyes; the same eyes that I have. He rolled his eyes at me as he gave into me; even at a young age I knew that I could wrap anyone around my finger without even trying.

End of Flashback


“Broden!” I heard the worried scream of Alexis coming from the hallway; I crawled off Ronnie’s bed and opened his door.

“What’s wrong Lexi?” I asked as I stuck my head into the hallway; Lex was standing in my bedroom doorway, she turned her attention onto me and she signed in relief.

“I couldn’t find you anyway” Lex breathed out was I walked out of Ronnie’s room making sure to shut the door behind me; once I apologized to Lex for scaring her we walked into the living room.

I quickly walked to the front door when I heard someone knocking; a wide smile formed on my lips when I opened the door and came face to face with my Dad. I threw myself into his arms making him laugh slightly as he wrapped his arms around my body; we hugged for a long time before we pulled apart letting Dad kiss my forehead a number of times.

“Lex” I called out as I let my Dad into the apartment; he was carrying a number of full plastic bags, he brought Chinese for lunch.

“Dad this is Alexis, Lex this is my Dad” I introduced them as I took the bags from Dad and into the kitchen.

“It’s nice to meet you Mr. Radke” Alexis said politely as she shook his hand.

“Please call me Joe, and it’s a pleasure to finally meet you. I’ve heard some much about you from Ronnie and Brody, it’s nice to put a face to the name” Dad finished talking just as another knock came from the door; this time it was Alexis who opened it and let the guys in.

The guys greeted my Dad as they walked into the apartment; Max was the quickest through as he rushed over to me. Max wrapped his arms tightly around my body as he kissed me passionately; I heard playful groans come from the guys and laugher coming from Alexis and Dad.

Max helped me set the table and place all the food on there; Lex got everyone a drink before we all sat down to eat. I sat in between Max and Bryan, Dad was at the head of the table, and Robert was sitting in between Alexis and Craig.

Everyone talked non stop as we ate the delicious food; Max would sometimes rub my thigh or knee while we ate. Max also keep trying to get me to eat more then I could; he kept saying that I should eat more because I’m eating for two. Both Lex and I did eat more then usual but I still had a limit on how much I could eat; I could tell by Dad’s proud smile that he was glad I finally found a good guy.

Craig and Robert offered to clean up which I was grateful for because I felt so bloated; Max wrapped his arms around my waist from behind as we tried to walk into the living room. Bryan, Lex and Dad laughed as they walked past us and got comfy on the couches; I slowly lowed myself onto a couch with Max next to me. I kicked my shoes off and rested my legs on Max’s lap; I laid my head against the couch arm as Max rubbed my feet.

Max kept laughing at me when my feet would flinch when he touched a sensitive spot; Dad was talking to Lex, Robert and Bryan were talking, while Craig and Max were talking. Craig would try to talk to me but I just ignored him as I joined Robert and Bryan’s conversation; I knew I was being childish and rude but right now I didn’t like Craig one bit, I smiled to myself when I heard Max tell Craig that he was going to stay the night here.