‹ Prequel: Abercrombie & Bitch
Status: Active?

The Incomparable Edie Wells

Heaven

I don't remember when I fell asleep.

It was sometime after Parker had carried me out of the room, over Levi's unconscious body. Parker had knocked him out with a punch. I'm proud of him.

When I open my eyes, I'm in the passenger seat of Parker's car, next to him, driving along the highway.

“What's going on?” I try to say, but it comes out more like “Whassgoinon?”

Parker jumps slightly, unaware that I'm awake. He glances over at me for a second before returning his gaze to the road. “I'm taking you to the hospital – you need to get that cut on your back checked out.”

My eyes widen. “No! Park, please, don't!”

He frowns. “Why? Edie, you could be seriously hurt -”

“I don't care,” I whisper, pulling the blanket Parker had covered me in tighter around my body. I'm embarrassed that I'm only in my underwear, but then realize that my dress is slung over the back seat. “Parker, I can't go.”

He stares at me intently as the traffic slows to a crawl. Who new so many people would be out on New Year's Eve? “Give me one good reason,” he says lowly, his grip tightening around the steering wheel.

I sit for a second, pondering my answer. “I can't tell them how I got hurt...”

“Lie.”

“You know I'm a crappy liar.”

Parker slams his hand down on the wheel. I know I've won this time, but I know Parker's not happy with it. He sighs, staring straight ahead of him. “I don't suppose you're going to want to go home, then. Right?”

I offer him a meek smile. It's the most I can do.

He sighs again, running his hand through his hair. “Edie, I'll humor you for tonight, but this cannot keep happening. You're going to have to tell someone.”

“Tell them what?” I ask quietly, pulling the blanket tighter around my shoulders while avoiding eye contact with Parker.

“That Levi did this to you.” His voice is just as quiet, but it has a certain finality to it. I can't argue with him.

I sigh, wincing as the action causes pain in my abdomen. “You know I can't do that, either.”

He looks over at me, sadness in his eyes, as traffic starts moving again. “I was hoping you wouldn't say that.” And he steps on the gas.

-[-]-

“This place is incredible,” I remark, staring in awe at the inside of the hotel. I've never stayed anywhere on the strip before, but this was amazing.

“Yeah,” Parker says nonchalantly, closing the door to the hotel room and setting down a shopping bag from the gift shop. “My parent's come here when they need to, er, get away...” He scratches the back of his neck awkwardly before loosening his tie. “One look at my last name and I'm in.”

Parker's parents are, in a sense, rich. That's why he spent the summer in Cancun instead of lowly Henderson, where it was twenty degrees hotter and no ocean within a four hour driving distance. It doesn't surprise me that they frequent Mandalay Bay, one of the most expensive casinos on the strip.

It also explains why, despite my protests, Parker picked up some pajama pants for me at the gift shop.

He sits down on one of the chairs and sheds his formal jacket, placing it on the table. “Go ahead and take a shower,” he mutters, turning on the TV. “It'll do you some good. Make you feel better.” He suddenly begins to take off his shirt.

I gape at him. “Uh, Park-”

He hands me the white dress shirt. “They didn't have anything at the store,” he muttered, running his hand through his hair. “Here, just wear this.”

I merely nod, grabbing the clothes and retreating to the bathroom that connects to the bedroom. I close the door behind me and strip the dress off, wincing as it pulls against my back. I can already feel a scab forming there.

Examining myself in the mirror, I wonder how the hell I'm going to talk myself out of this one. I've had bruises before, but not like this. The only other mark on me is the one Rhett gave me when we were little – I guess the one jagged line down my back adds to it. I could probably tell anyone else that I got bit by a shark, or something. Even though I'd never been to the ocean in my life.

Too bad I'm such a crappy liar.

I wash myself off thoroughly, unnerved by the amount of dried blood that washes of in the first few seconds. After scrubbing my hair with the hotel's brand, I turn off the water and grab a towel, enjoying the feeling of being wrapped up in the fluffy white material.

I wipe off a portion of the mirror and take another glance at myself.

My always-curly hair has been flattened by the water to an almost-manageable wave, and my skin's still dripping wet and running with makeup. I sigh and turn away from my reflection, leaning against the counter.

I'm plain. I'm nothing. Stuff like this doesn't happen to girls like me. It happens to the ones who put themselves out there, the one's who ask for it. I didn't ask for any of this.

I put the clothes on – some cotton shorts and Parker's shirt. I can't help but catch the scent of it as I slide it on over my raw back. It smells exactly like Parker – clean, like soap, with just a hint of something vanilla. I sigh and put the towels on the counter, shaking my hair out.

As I walk out of the bathroom, I see Parker lounging on the bed clad only the dark jeans he had been wearing. He's too intently focused on the television screen to notice I've finished. I bite my lip and sit down on the edge of the bed, avoiding eye contact and dreading what he's going to say to me.

Suddenly the screen turns off.

“Edie,” he says lowly, patting the space on the bed next to him. “Tell me what happened.”

I look up at him. His face is stone, almost angry. I know he's not angry at me, but I shudder nonetheless. He doesn't even seem to notice my attire – which I guess is good, because that would've made it fairly awkward. Though it disappoints me a little... I thought Parker, if anyone, would say something.

I duck my head before sliding next to him. I wince as my back hits the pillow and Parker's arm snakes it's way around my shoulders. “Can I ask you something first?” I say shyly, combing my hair behind my ear.

“Answer my question and I'll think about it.”

“But I wanna ask you something first.”

“Too bad, I already asked.”

“Okay, seriously, Parker-”

“I'm being serious, Edie -”

“No, you're being immature-”

“I know you are but what am I?”

I give him a deadpanned look. “Seriously?”

He offers me a sad smile, lightly punching me in the shoulder. “Sorry. Fine, you win. What's your question?”

I hesitate for a moment, biting my lip. I'm not sure if I should ask him this, but I need to know. I'll need to know eventually, right? Here goes... “Why'd you sleep with Maggie?”

His face stiffens. “Why do you want to know that?”

Why would I not want to know that? “I...” I look up at him, biting my lip again. “Do you love her?”

Parker sighs, running a hand through his hair. “No... I mean, I love her like a sister, I suppose. Edie, you have to understand, she was so upset about Max... She needed someone to comfort her. I still have no idea how it got to... to that.”

I remain quiet for a few minutes, debating whether or not to believe him. I want to, but something holds me back. How many times has Parker lied to me recently? About Anna? About what he had planned tonight?

I decide to take it. There's nothing else I can do.

“Now, what happened, Edie?”

I feel my shoulders tense. I don't want to talk about it. All I want to do is enjoy being here, with Parker, alone.

“I don't know,” I admit, my voice soft. “I-I just... he said... and then he just...” I cut myself off, feeling the tears brim in the back of my eyes before they start to fall. “I tried... but then he just...”

Parker tightens his hold on me, reaching up to wipe the tears from my eyes. He stares at me intently, his emerald eyes burning into mine. His hand moves to cup my cheek gently, urging me to look at him. “You have to tell someone.”

My eyes widen. “No! I-I can't!”

He frowns. “If you don't, then I will.”

“You can't,” I plead, turning myself to that I'm fully facing him, nearly straddling his legs. His eyes widen for a second before regaining composure. I put my hand on his shoulders, shaking them. “You can't, Parker. Please.” My eyes are pleading. I'm desperate. I can't tell him, but something Levi said to me sticks in my head – he'll have to give Parker a piece of his mind.

Especially since he, you know, knocked him out.

Parker gulps loudly. “Why, Edie? You're hurt – he's just going to hurt you more. Don't you want out of it?” he whispers, gently cupping my face with his hand. His other one snakes around my waist, pulling me over him so that I'm straddling his thighs. It's so he can look me in the eyes, I tell myself.

I shake my head, staring at the silver bedspread. “I can't tell you.”

“Why not?”

Because, Parker, I-”

“Give me one good reason not to tell anyone.”

I stare at him for a few seconds, my mouth still poised to form words after he's cut me off. I think for a second about what I'm going to do. Is it smart? No. Is it rational? No. Am I going to regret it? Possibly. But I don't let it bother me too much. Not after the revelation I had earlier.

I lean forward and kiss him tenderly, placing my hands on his shoulders.

He tenses for a second. I almost think he's going to push me away, since the grip he takes on my elbows out of reflex tightens slightly. I wonder if he knows what I'm trying to convey to him through my lips – I want so badly for him to figure it out. I kiss him passionately, putting everything I have into it. I squeeze my eyes shut and try not to get too disappointed by the fact that his body is unresponsive.

Just as I start to pull away, defeated, Parker grabs the back of my head and holds me in place, returning the kiss with more passion than I ever expected.

Parker's hands slide to my back, pulling my against him and deepening the kiss. His lips mold to mine as he lays back, pulling me on top of him so that I'm straddling his waist. His tongue finds its way into my mouth, where my own is waiting to dance with it. I run my hands through his hair as I start to feel as if my whole body is on fire, a fire that I never want to go out.

I smile as Parker's grip on me tightens as I run my hands down his chest. He breaks the kiss for only a second to let a small moan escape his lips before attacking mine again, running his hands up and down my back, which is currently clothed in nothing but his shirt.

He pulls away for a moment, staring into my eyes. “Edie...”

I smirk and kiss him, my hands finding their way to the waistband of his jeans. “Parker...”

“Edie,” he says, a little more sternly, gently grabbing my hands where they're resting on his belt. “Edie, I'm not going to do this.”

I can feel my heart break in my chest. Of course, Parker had rejected me. What else did I expect? I know he doesn't feel that way for me – he just told me that at the party to make me feel better I suppose. How could I be so stupid?

I feel my face burn with the rejection as I sit up, trying to distance myself from him. “S-Sorry, I didn't... I-I thought...”

He looks at me, a look of guilt the only emotion on his face. “You have a boyfriend, Edie...”

I sigh and pull myself off of him, sitting on the edge of the bed. “I'm going to break up with him,” I whisper, more to myself than to Parker, even though I'm talking to him.

“Edie...” He bites his lip, looking me up and down. His gaze focuses on my chest, where the top buttons of his shirt has mysteriously become unbuttoned in the last few minutes. My face heats up even more as I try to cover myself so that my bra isn't visible. “You have no idea how much I want this. Trust me.” He glances down at himself as a blush creeps over his cheeks. “But... It's wrong. You could get seriously hurt.” His eyes are sad as he sits forward, crawling up behind me and putting his arms around me. “I can't do that to you. I won't do that to you.”

I sigh and turn to the side, coming face-to-face with him. “Parker, I...”

“What is it?” he asks softly, turning his whole body to face me.

I bite my lip, looking anywhere but in his eyes. “Parker, I... I realized... something... when I was with Levi.” I look down at my lap, picking at the buttons on his shirt.

Parker urges my chin up to look at him, forcing me to look into his brilliant green eyes. “What's that?”

I exhale. Here goes nothing. “I don't love Levi,” I admit, watching his face as it becomes confused. “I love... I love...”

His grip on my chin tightens. I don't even notice the pain – I'm only focused on Parker's face that's so close to mine. “Who?”

“You.”

Parker only hesitates for a moment, an awed expression on his face, before hungrily kissing me again. I know from the intensity of it that Parker's putting everything he's got into it. I let my eyes slide shut and return the kiss, relishing the feel of Parker's arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

He pushes me back on the bed, crawling over me. I gladly let him, running my hands up his back and sliding my tongue into his mouth. He lets out a quiet moan as I gently brush my hands over his belt buckle. His hands roam to the front of the shirt I'm wearing and start to unbutton hurriedly, his fingers brushing over my bare skin and making me shiver with pleasure.

I can't believe this is happening.

Suddenly the shirt isn't there anymore, replaced by the feeling of Parker's hands touching me everywhere. I return the favor, running my hands over his chest. He reaches behind me and unhooks my bra, disposing it somewhere on the floor. He gently cups my exposed breasts, making me gasp with pleasure. I've never felt anything this good.

Park...” I gasp, arching my back towards him.

He growls slightly, his hands moving against my skin and leaving a trail of fire. “Eds. God, Edie. I want you... So fucking bad.”

I respond by kissing him passionately, despite the pain coming in waves from my jawline. My hands slide down to his pants again, clumsily undoing the belt buckle and sliding them down and off his legs, leaving him in only his boxers and me in only shorts. This is going fast, but I don't care. I want this more than anything.

“Eds,” Parker breathes against my lips, running his hands across the waistband of my shorts. His fingers brush against the place meant to make me feel the best, making me shiver with pleasure. “I need... to know that... this is what you want,” he says breathlessly as his hand dips underneath the fabric beneath my shorts, contacting the sensitive skin there.

I groan against his lips, pushing my hips up to meet his hand. “I want this, Park,” I whisper, my head falling back to the pillow as he starts kissing my neck. “I want you. I need you.”

That seems to be what he wants to hear. Before I know what's going on, our clothes have disappeared. My mind explodes with pleasure, like I'm on a roller coaster – trapped, but I never want to get off.

This is the best feeling I've ever had, here, with my best friend, alone in our little corner of the universe. No one else exists here; Levi, Anna, Rhett, Maggie, my mother, no one. Just Parker and me, in this little world we've created for ourselves. It's peaceful here, like nothing I've ever imagined. Nothing can hurt me, nothing can touch me. Just Parker and me.

It's everything I ever dreamed of. And more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title - "Heaven" by DJ Sammy?

So, what are your thoughts? Too mature of a chapter? Not enough? HolycrapParker'ssoeffinghot? I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW! :)

Special thanks to these commenters, who've been insanely awesome lately:
storyluver1143
Imagination Overload
yillenhoolahay.

and everyone else for your awesome comments!!! :D Want a shout out? COMMENT!