Colder Than My Heart

A Smirk to Your Glance

Blake was only half right when he’d told Sarah about Alex being similar to Jack. They had the same taste in music, both enjoyed drinking, both liked to meet new people, both liked to have fun but when it came to the opposite sex the two were polar opposites. Of course, being two good-looking men in a band allowed them to choose out of the girls who would tempt them so much. But Jack looked after women; he treated them with so much respect and always made sure they knew nothing would come of their encounters before taking advantage of the situation and wouldn’t allow himself to date because of the temptation he would face and the heartbreak the girl would feel if he fell to it.

Alex wasn’t as gentle. His habit of getting caught up in the lust of the moment had, on several occasions, left him with a hideous reputation which would spread amongst fans. You’d think having a girlfriend would make him think twice in these situations, but honestly, sometimes he would completely forget about her. He didn’t feel any remorse after kicking the beautiful girls he would entrance from his bunk, he simply continued with his life. The heartbreaking truth is that Lisa knew exactly what was going on. The couple had broken up on several occasions due to his filthy habits but she had come to terms with the fact that he would stray when she wasn’t around. It hurt her, but he accepted it.

As Alex stared down at the pretty girl before him she began to feel self-conscious. Why was he staring? She turned her head to look between her band mates just in time to miss the smirk that wiped across his face as his eyes shamelessly roamed her body. A number of other band members in the room kept their eyes fixed on Alex, picking up on how he bit his lip and shook his head and he admired her figure. Jack sent a stern glare in the direction of his friend, not approving of the girl he was choosing to prey on. Alex let a simple warm smile line his lips as his tore his eyes from her body just in time for her to turn around. Their eyes locked once again. Instead of shock Alex’s eyes were now more welcoming.

“Hey, I don’t believe we’ve met,” Alex began pulling his lips back to reveal his teeth in a small grin. “I’m Alex,” he finished with a small nod. Sarah looked at Alex for a long moment, studying his body language and analysing his soft facial features. She could see what Blake had meant with them being alike. She felt herself relax, forgetting that this was the same man who had momentarily tried to attack her with a door and sent him a soft smile.

“Sarah,” she replied extending one of her dainty hands towards him. Alex looked down at her hand chuckling lightly to himself. Sarah frowned, had she done something wrong? In answer to her unspoken question Alex stepped forward, lightly whipping her hand away and wrapping his arms around her shoulders. Sarah wasn’t too sure what to do; her eyebrows were raised as she tied her arms around him only to have him pull away just as quickly.

Sarah furrowed her eyebrows, turning to Blake who was still by her side. He shrugged his shoulders and both turned back to the adult. Alex smirked to himself as he turned away to the rest of the group.

“What are we waiting for?” He shrugged causing the others to break out into grins. Mere hours later and every person on the bus was obnoxiously loud. Suddenly Nick collapsed to his knees between Jack and Zack who both swung to catch him by his arms.

“Oh my god,” Sarah gasped as she realised what was happening. She lurched forward only to have a hand placed on her shoulder causing her to turn and look at her distraction.

“He’s just drank too much,” Alex smiled at the girl who didn’t let the worry drop from her face as she turned back to her friend.

“Come on man,” Jersey laughed as he and Thomas took the flimsy boy from the other pair. Sarah relaxed when she saw nick stumble towards the bathroom. She rolled her eyes and turned to smile at Alex in thanks for holding her back out of the way. Alex returned the smile and looked at her features for a long moment. He hadn’t left her side all night, offering her drinks which she had repeatedly turned down but only now did he begin to fully take in her features.

Her eyes were a vivid green, outlined in a small amount of black liner. Her skin was a smooth ivory colour, her lips a pastel pink and moistened with a clear gloss. Her hair hung in loose curls, by the way she kept tugging at the ends he could tell she didn’t like the style but he loved it. He reached out, picking up a curl in his rough fingers and twirling the ends. Sarah was caught slightly off guard; she raised her eyebrows and watched as he twirled the strands. She found it odd of a man she had known for no longer than a few hours to act so comfortable around her but allowed the contact out of pure intrigue. His eyes flickered up from her hair looking to the lower half of her face once again. Her lips were slightly parted exposing the tips of her teeth. He subconsciously ran his tongue over his lip as his stare intensified. He imagined the feeling of her lips on his, her teeth gently biting down on his lip. Sarah didn’t know what to make of Alex’s sudden behaviour. She noticed his fingers were now only slowly and idly playing with her hair as his eyes were shamelessly fixed on her face. But what about her? Did she have something on her nose? Her chin? Lip?

Sarah’s attention was averted from the boy to the bathroom. The sound of lurching filled the room and she grimaced. Alex had been snapped by the sound and shook his head lightly. He noticed the curl in his hand and quickly let go right before the brunette turned back around, rolling her eyes as she did.

“Can we get away from that room? I’m not too good with puke,” she explained. Alex breathed a sigh of relief, grinning and nodding silently before she turned and walked only to have him follow her. His aim still hadn’t been fulfilled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this sucks so bad, it's just a filler. Tomorrow I refuse to do anything but write for you all. I love you.

-The Ripper