Colder Than My Heart

Talking in Your Sleep

Lisa’s almost cackled as she reached Alex’s front door. She turned and looked at the man grinning back down at her. She pulled the plastic straw that was pressing idly against the roof of her mouth whilst she had been laughing and returned his smile. They came to a standstill outside Alex’s door as the two looked at each other for a long moment. The silence between them wasn’t awkward, merely a chance for them to explore each other’s faces.

“Can we meet up again some time?” Lisa blurted out to which Max raised his eyebrows.

“Um, sure,” she replied slightly taken back but sending her a wide smile he couldn’t quite help.

“The ice cream parlour was really awesome,” she commented softly. He nodded in agreement which subconsciously caused Lisa’s smile to touch her eyes. She let her eyes roam the contours of his face before biting down on her lip. She leaned forwards, pressing her lips to his cheek. Her lips stayed against him for a brief second longer than they should have but she didn’t realise her actions. “Give me a call later,” she added peppily after pulling away. She skipped towards the door and Max found himself tripping over what to say. He ignored the blush burning against his cheeks and instead called after her.

“Okay sure,” came his answer to which she turned back to him whilst slipping her key into the lock. “I’ll see you around,” he finished as he backed towards his car parked on the other side of the road.

“Soon,” Lisa added sending him a quick flash of her teeth before pushing the door open and leaving him to turn. She watched from behind the curtain of the window in the living room as he pulled away until he was completely out of sight. She kept looking out of the window and brought her hand up to lean on her palm. The heel of her hand came into contact with cold metal as she leaned forwards but before she had a chance to register the feeling she had already leaned her weight against it. She felt a small crack and pulled away hastily. She looked down at the object, a picture frame facing down. She carefully picked up the frame by the stand. When shards began to fall from the front she quickly turned it the other way up.

She recognised the picture of her and Alex and could feel herself going over old memories before Alex started touring so consistently. She could feel her chest sinking and her lips pressed in a firm line. She let her feet carry her into the kitchen and pressed down on the pedal which opened the silver trash can. She hung the frame over it and shook the last of the glass out before grabbing up a broom to deal with the rest.

Alex squirmed in his sleep. His brow broke out in a cold sweat, strands of his hair gluing itself to his skin. His breath was uneven in his sleep, slowly racing as images flashed past his sealed lids. Behind his eyes Alex crawled off stage. He’d made his way back to his bus which was a lot closer to the back stage than it could ever be, but in his dreams anything was normal. He climbed inside and suddenly no one was around. He was panting when he collapsed in one of the leather seats behind the driver’s cab. He leaned his head backwards, shutting his eyes. He heard shuffling and snapped them open once more, before him stood Sarah.

She looked as breathtaking as ever which caused a smirk to grow across his lips. She was dressed in nothing more than very small shorts and a plain white tank top which was plenty too big for her. She placed her knees on either side of him, straddling his waist and ran his hands up and down his neck, around his throat. Her delicate fingers felt smooth against the stubble below his jaw. Her lips tugged up into a smirk, mirroring his own as she leaned forwards. As she leaned closer so did her shirt earning Alex’s attention as he managed to catch a quick eyeful of her cleavage before she captured his lips with her own. He let his eyes flutter shut as he responded to her actions.

Her hands trailed down slowly, almost teasingly in Alex’s head, from his neck. Her palm and finger tips glided over his skin with little pressure. Her hands glided over the hem of his shirt, allowing the full surface to press against his chest before clutching the edges. Alex pulled away, raising his eyebrows at the brunette before him. The grin on her face reassured him and he relaxed almost instantly. He settled his hands on her hips before letting his eyes shamelessly roam over her body. His eyes trailed over every one of her curves before wandering back up to her face, a look of amusement stared back at him. In his dream Lisa didn’t exist, Sarah was his girl.

Alex’s eyes snapped open and he jolted forward with a gasp. His breathing was rapid and his heart pounded against his ribcage for freedom. The bus was pitch black, a sure sign that no one else would be awake. The bumps that the bus rocked over caused his body to sway slightly. He cautiously leaned back, curling up on his side and trying to keep his mind from the dream he’d suffered. He racked his brains trying to remember the date. June 30th. This meant they had an off day, after that they’d be performing in St Louis. This also meant he hadn’t contacted his family in at least a day; Lisa, even longer. He nuzzled his face against the pillow, trying to keep his mind on the day ahead of him, he’d make sure to call his family and catch up on the few things that could have possibly happened back home. His eyes became heavy and before he knew it, thoughts were blank from his mind and the only thing occupying his brain were more soft dreams which he wouldn’t remember when he woke.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I couldn't update my other story. Things are pretty hectic but that's no excuse. I'm gonna make sure to update faster. I love you all, and yeah, check out my Jasey Rae songfic, should I continue it?

-The Ripper