Colder Than My Heart

Diaries From a Hotel Room

Lisa stared out of the window of the bus. Alex was asleep beside her, sprawled across the sofa forcing her into the corner. She sighed as she watched the male beside her rest before turning her eyes back to the TV in front of her; however, her thoughts were elsewhere. Lisa didn’t want to have to worry about whether her boyfriend was flirting with other girls. She wanted a boyfriend who truly loved her. She wanted someone who would be there all hours of the day when she needed him and didn’t need to sleep every few hours.

Lisa knew it wasn’t Alex’s fault that he couldn’t be there for her all the time. She truly did love his presence but only seeing him a couple of times a month just wasn’t enough for her. She wished it was, clung to him at the hope that one day one of them would decide that the constant touring was too much, that they needed more regular breaks. She didn’t want them to stop touring all together because she knew how much it truly meant to all of them and merely thinking of such a wish would make her feel like an awful girlfriend.

She rose from the couch and began to walk through the bus to one of the unoccupied spaces lining the room. The silver band around her finger caught her eye as it twinkled in the light and she sighed to herself. She wasn’t a materialistic girl who was only with him for his money or fame. She loved Alex, very much so. Sometimes she wondered whether the ring she wore would have any significance in his social affairs when she wasn’t around. At heart, she knew it didn’t. Lisa wanted what all girls did. She wanted the perfect boy to settle down and start a family with. And although Alex did seem like her knight in shining armour she couldn’t handle the rock star lifestyle. She knew he loved her just as she loved him, and so they dealt with the struggles they faced. But recently it was becoming harder. After so many break ups during the time they’d gotten together they were finally considered at their strongest. But to Lisa they were still fighting.

She grabbed a bottle of water from one of the cabinets along with a painkiller before making her way back into the lounge she had so recently left. She tried as carefully as she could to silently close the sliding door and succeeded with nothing more than a quiet thud.

Alex was woken from his pleasant dreams to the sound of shuffling around him. Forcing one eye to lazily open he caught sight of his girlfriend trying to tip toe around the room.

“What’s wrong baby?” He asked, wincing at how sore his throw was. To the sound Lisa’s head snapped up and she sent him a warm smile before standing from her crouched position and handing him a bottle of water in one hand and a tablet in the other.

“It’s for your throat. You didn’t sound to good yesterday,” she commented as he took both objects from her.

“You are wonderful,” he smiled before swallowing both. She flashed him another quick smile before returning to seemingly look for something. “What are you looking for?” He asked settling the bottle on the side and wrapping himself in the blanket he noticed laying around his middle. Lisa halted once more and walked around the back of the sofa before planting a kiss to his forehead as she ran her fingers through his hair.

“Get some sleep,” was all she said before returning to what she was doing.

Approaching a destination not too far away Sarah Green’s eyes fixed on the moving objects flying past her. The van slowed and all the occupants of the van turned their attention out the front window.

“So this is Warped Tour,” Blake, lead guitarist commented letting his eyes settle on all of the large buses and vans similar to theirs that they were approaching.

“You bet,” Andrew grinned from the driver’s seat. All band members looked on in awe, studying the people packing various things away and recognisable faces talking around their buses. Looking through his rear-view mirror, Andrew knew the musicians behind him would soon be headlining Warped tour. The kids were young, some may say naive, but they had so much potential; they just didn’t realise it.

A small smile playing on his lips, Andrew focused his eyes on driving across the gravel to the many vehicles ahead. If there was one other thing he knew, it was that this would be a very interesting experience for all of the people he was so close to. But he had a strange feeling if anything it would be Sarah who would stood out from the rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologise sincerely to everyone reading my Jack Barakat fanfic. It was absolutely impossible for me to update two stories today, and tomorrow's got me booked aswell. But I shall try to write as soon as I wake up so I can post when I get home however late that may be. I've already have 4 stars I think? Which is awesome, and honestly you guys mean the world to me. Thanks for reading this.

-The Ripper