Status: I'm currently editing this story. I miss a lot of things, i'm stupid lol <3

I Want to Hold You, for Now and Forever

Scared.

Chinese Proverb:
“Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.”
Making our way to the ground was one of the most awkward experiences I’ve ever had to endure. Dani and Zacky both had faces like slapped arses; they're both too damn stubborn to make up. They were being way past childish, they were talking through other people or saying 'did someone just say something' when one of them spoke, they're doing it now. This does not help my faltering mood in the slightest.

"Grow the fuck up!” I barked at them as everyone stared "Your being way past childish, do you realise that?!" I stated before walking off, the quicker I get to the ground, the quicker I can work my temper off. I heard footsteps moving quickly behind me as Jen hugged me from behind.

"Chill Bestie" she smiled and I sighed. I had way too much on my mind

"I wish they would grow up, we're not 12" I said getting angry again

"Don’t take this out on me" she crossed her arms

"I'm not Jen but its just got me so angry. I need to focus and I can’t with their childish fucking games" by this time I faintly heard the others coming towards up

"Bullshit" She said staring at me

"Excuse me?"

"You heard. Bullshit. That's not why your annoyed" I glared at her, is she calling me out? She is! She’s calling me on it.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Hey Gu-" Beci tried to interrupt

"I think you damn well know what it's supposed to mean and your taking it out on Dani and Zack" Jen carried on, I think by this point we both worked ourselves up over nothing, both of us at boiling point

"I’m not taking anymore shit out on them then I should with their childish fucking behaviour" I said snapping my head to look at them

"Yeah, sure. Keep kidding yourself with that. Me and you both know that’s not what it’s about" she said it with a smirk that pissed me off and I lost it. I pushed her to the ground, surprising everyone around us

"Fuck you Jen" I said before storming off

Rev's pov

"What the fuck?" I asked not really expecting an answer as I helped Jen up, her hand was lightly cut

"Don’t worry about it" she said with a light smile "I pushed it too far"

"And what? She got pissy over nothing"

"Not exactly, Jimmy. Those two" she pointed at Zack and Dani "Have fucked me off too. I wanted a reaction and I got one didn't I?"

"I tried to help" Beci said taking Jen's hand

Suddenly, Syn just ran after her and we all looked around at each other

"I'm Sorry" Zacky and Dani said at the same time

"You should know better" Charlotte snapped at Dani "You know what today is all about, not to mention everything else that going on"

I don’t think I’ll ever figure Charl out, she's never serious. She even said so herself but she is today. Why are their moods so different? Jen read my mind

"Cause of the match" she looked deep into my eyes

"Pissy over a little game?" Wrong thing to say I guess because that pissed Beci off

"Excuse me?" She stared at me "It's more than a little game, Jimmy. The last time we played these bitches, I got my shoulder dislocated, Chloe got booted in the head which earned her 5 stitches and Nikki received 3 broken ribs so this may be just a game to you but to us it isn’t. It's about bragging rights and pride" so with a glare, she walked off as Charl followed. I'm not making any friends today am I?

"I just pissed off 3 women at once, is that a record?" I asked as Johnny, Dani and Zacky chuckled whilst Jen and Shads rolled their eyes "Well? Is it?" I grinned. The mood is way too heavy for me. Damn its like everyone got their periods on the same day.

Normal pov

I had just reached the pitch when I felt someone pull on my hand and twirl me round. Syn stood there with a feather light smile as he pulled me into an embrace. I sighed again, me and my stupid anger.

"She understands" he said. I just nodded, admiring his looks. I loved the way that no matter what the situation, his face always radiated calmness; nothing stressed him. I skimmed my eyes over his face, taking in all the detail I could. The way that his pitch black hair never moved in the light breeze, the way his dark chocolate orbs never lost their sparkle, the way the sun reflected off his nose ring, the way he always had a slight smirk playing on his lips, the way his body was so at ease in every situation, did this man not have a bad bone in his body? I doubt it, he can’t be this perfect.

"My anger gets away with me sometimes" I half whispered, his turned to nod as if encouraging me to carry on "I just can't control it sometimes, Jen knows it weren’t anything personal against her. Just a lot on my mind" I started walking ahead of him to the pitch

"Is it about me?" I stopped and turned slightly looking at him before quickly looking to the ground. 'Yes' my head screamed 'It’s all about you'... 'Shut up' I replied to the voices. 'Touché' the voice chirped.

"It is, isn't it?" he knitted his brows together as if trying to guess "Tell me"

"You wouldn’t understand"

"Why wont you tell me anything?"

"Cant we talk about this later?" I questioned. For the first time the calmness was gone and he looked frustrated and annoyed

"Fine" he huffed. I saw Beci and Charl walk up to us

"You coming?" Charl asked with a smirk and I nodded. I shot him a sympathetic look but he ignored me, walking away. 'Stupid Stupid Stupid' why do I always have to be so difficult? I want to let people in but I can't, I guess I'm afraid to admit that I’m scared, its always been my biggest fear, that I tell people how I feel and I get laughed at. I’d rather just keep quiet, even if it does push him away. I can’t get hurt then, can I?

Whilst we were practicing, I looked around and saw Jen, Dani and the guys sat up in the stands but what I saw next, irked me again. The CSULB team had arrived, most of our team turned around to watch them, I’m sure they could feel the glares; I just simply smirked and carried on practicing my free kicks. This is going to be oh so fun yet oh so bad.

Hundreds of students/fans had filled the stands as we were ready to kick off. As captain, I had the wonderful privilege of shaking hands with the opposition's captain which in this case was Kati (not Katie, CAT-TEA) yes, she was a bitch who thought she was all that and then some, so you would imagine the pleasure I had when I broke her nose the last time we played; her plastic surgeon did a good job. I grinned to myself and she knew what I was grinning about, it resulted in me receiving a death glare. They won the coin toss and picked to kick off, which was fine with me. I preferred it that way.

We played 20 minutes before the first casulty; one of our players was tackled and went over wrong on her foot. Only a sprain, she'll live but it resulted in a free kick which was my speciality I could feel the excitement in my bones, I was going to mix it up, they would expect me to go direct so I called Charlotte over telling her to go into the box so I could set up a goal for her, she nodded and got in position. It went perfectly; she headed it into the back of the net... What a beauty of a goal. we celebrated as did our crowd.

At half time we revised our plan; we should be winning more than 2-0... Just before half time, our other forward Sally scored, was a beautiful goal from a corner kick. We decided that in the second half to go full on aggressive. Before heading back on pitch, I looked into the stands at Syn and winked at him, before doing a signal and silly face at Jen as she cracked up laughing with the others. I put my arm around Beci's neck, telling her to be safe and that I got her back. After me, she’s hated the most.

10 minutes after we kicked off again they scored which resulted in us scoring again 5 minutes later, 3-1, not bad. There were fists, legs and bodies flying everywhere, we've stopped this match more times than we've played it, which was frustrating me. Our goalie, Frankie, Booted the ball and landed at my feet, so I started to dribble it whilst looking around to see what players were open. What I didn’t see was Kati coming diving toward me, her studs went directly into my knee that Cassie had gone into the day before, I screamed out in pain, 'fuck' I thought... I could feel my eyes water so I put my hand over my face as the other grabbed onto my knee

"Captain, you ok?" I heard the coaches Lauren and Amanda frantically ask

"Fucking bitch!" I screamed out earning gasps and chuckles "help me up" I whispered. They helped me up; nothing was broken or torn, just really badly bruised. I could see the bruises already through the blood.

Syn's pov

"Shit" I said along with Jen, Dani and Zacky, the others just stared wide eyed.

"I told you it was a grudge match" Jen said

"Yeah, seen worse than this though" Dani joined in

"But still…. shit" I continued as Dani laughed

"She'll be ok"

I sat back down as Zacky's hand grasped my shoulder, he gave me a gentle smile as if to signal that she would be ok. Faintly I heard her scream 'Fucking Bitch' which earned a few chuckles before being helped up, her knee looked a mess. That’s got to be painful, wish I could be down there, I feel like I need to help... to do anything

Normal Pov

I winced as they sorted my knee out and insisted on going back on pitch to take the free kick, I had to score it would be the final blow to end the game. I stuck my thumb up to signal I was ok before placing the ball on the floor, everyone knew I was hurt cause I was limping worse than a rapper in a hip hop video talking about Ho's and Bitches. I eyed the ball and the net before trying to shake off my limp. 5 minutes left. I ran up to the ball, leaning to the left slightly with my arm out as I kicked it; we all watched with anticipation of where in the net it would land. It hit the top left corner and as the crowd roared, me and Beci ran up to each other jumping up and our chests hitting each other before coming back down to the ground on our feet as Charl tackled me, squealing like a school girl. The whistle blew as the crowd cheered even louder and the team celebrated. Bragging Rights are ours for the 7th time, we wouldn’t let it be any other way.

After the team showered and changed in the locker room, I had the first aider strap an ice pack to my knee, it was swollen and purplely, it looked.... well yucky. Again, I refused assistance from Beci and Charl as we joined up with the others

"That was fucking incredible dude!" Johnny shouted as he high fived us

"You ok Chlo?" Jen inquired

"As always" I grinned

"Liar" she laughed

"Shut it Jenbadadad" I laughed as she looked at me

"What the fuck?" she still laughed. Everything was right in our crazy world again, we have a rule not to apologise but to leave it in the past where it belongs

"Islamabad is a country right? I didn’t make it up?" I asked looking around

"Erm... Well think it is, Twin" Zacky agreed hugging me “You were great" He whispered and I smiled

"No it isn’t dude" Shads laughed as he kept a grip on Beci

"Yes it is!" We both shouted as the others laughed. Syn was quiet and I guessed it was about our short but emotion filled conversation earlier. Sometimes it’s the things you don’t say that hurt the most. The others walked off as we were meeting the team at our usual after games bar, Tony's.

I grabbed Syn's arm "You still mad at me?"

"I'm trying to get to know you Chloe but your making it so damn hard for me" he admitted

"I know. I'm sorry" He just gave me a pessimistic look, I couldn’t take it so I looked at the ground "I can't help who I am Brian"

"I know but I promised you last night I wouldn’t hurt you"

"Do you know how many times someone has made me that promise and broke it also?” I stressed, blinking back unwanted tears “Don’t make me promises you cant keep"

He sighed "Your right, everybody gets hurt. How about I wont break your heart if you don’t break mine?" I smiled, he really is trying. This is going to be hard. "Deal" I stuck my hand out and he stared at me as if I grew two heads

"I can do one better" he moved toward me and leant down; I felt his soft lips touch mine as I melted into his touch. I lifted one arm up to go around his neck and he carefully picked me up without breaking the searing kiss. Perfection seems to be a trend around here

"Are you okay?" I know he was referring to my knee but to me, I meant everything in my life

"I am now" we both smiled at each other and continued walking hand in hand to the bar.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's something about this story that annoys me. No idea what it is.

Thanks to Oblivious321, this is for you and for you alone.

Comments?