Status: incomplete

Crashing down around me

Today's your birthday! and you're guna have a good time!

The week passed quicker then I could have imagined. Val took me to buy notebooks, pens and binders. Matt let me drive one of his cars to pick out a pair of new shoes.
It was when I was sitting on a hard plastic chair, lacing up my new Keds, that I realized something drastic. My seventeenth birthday was on the day I would start school. I quickly paid and left the store, jumping into the black hummer and speeding off down the street.
It took me two hours to get everything settled, notebooks labeled, binders organized, pencil case filled. My backpack was packed, my lunch card ready. Everything was set to go that morning when my alarm rang at six thirty.
I slowly sat up in bed, jiggling in time with the beat of Cobra Starship’s Good Girls Go Bad. I hit the button on top of the alarm, silencing the radio as I heard a new noise coming up the stairs.
“You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too--yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.”
The Beatles serenaded me as my family rushed into my room. Matt had the boom box resting on one shoulder, carrying it like a gangster in what he thought was a hard core way. Ry was carrying a plate with a large waffle on it, doused in syrup and melted butter with a large ‘17’ candle sticking out of the middle of it. Mish, Jimmy, and Johnny were carrying presents while Zachy, Leana, and Lacy threw confetti around me room and strapped a cone shaped hat on my head, the string strap snapping up on my chin.
“Happy birthday!” They all yelled after the song had ended, the final ‘Happy birthday to you’ hanging in the air above me.
I ate my breakfast in bed and opened all my presents. Jimmy’s was by far my favorite. He had gotten me a Sims game with all of us on it. He even made one guy named Violet’s super hot future boyfriend. Matty wasn’t too pleased with that but he’d just have to learn to deal with it. I was not giving up the chance at a boyfriend just to assuage his fatherly worries.
“Bye Vi! HEY THAT RHYMES!” Jimmy hugged me as I stood in front of the door, hideous uniform on, backpack in place on my left shoulder.
“Bye Violet. I love you! Have a great first day!” Ry, Matty and the rest of the crew gave me quick hugs then pushed me out the door.
At first, I didn’t see anything unusual as I waltzed towards the garage and the car Matty said I could drive to school. Then I saw it. My baby, my peacock purple mustang convertible with white racing stripes was sitting in the driveway, keys ready in the ignition.
I rushed back into the house to find everyone waiting by the front door, expectant looks on their faces.
“Mommy! Daddy! I love you so much! Thankyouthankyouthankyou! Gotta go! Guna be late! Love you!” I rushed in and swiftly hugged Matt and Val before bolting back out the door, never realizing that I had called them Mom and Dad for the first real time.
I got in my car and just sat there for a minute, relishing the feel of the supple leather seats and the blare of the radio. When I knew I couldn’t hold off any longer, I stepped on the gas, following the not so detailed directions Matt had given me.
I arrived at the school, large wrought iron gates telling me in bold letters that I had reached Mayfield Home of the Bucking Broncos! I drove through the large gates and up the long twisting drive way, following a train of cars past the vast green fields and into a parking lot where I quickly slid into a spot and got out, raising the roof of the car as I did.
I grabbed my backpack and walked inside the huge brick building, following the signs pointing me in the direction of the office.
“Hello. May I help you?” The red haired receptionist smiled sweetly at me, looking up from some papers on her desk.
“Um, yes. My name is Violet Sanders. I’m new.” I looked around the office, taking in the abstract paintings that decorated the walls and the comfy looking plush chairs sitting in neat rows along the wall.
The lady thumbed through her papers for a minute before letting out a quiet “Aha! Here you are dear. This is your schedule, locker number and combination and school map. Come in here if you have any problems or questions! Have a good day dearie!” She handed me a small stack of papers and pointed me towards the door, letting me know it was time to leave and let her do whatever else she needed to do.
“Tow forty-seven… two forty-sevennn…” I mumbled to myself as I searched the locker numbers in the third hall I’d been down.
“Two forty-seven is down this hall and to the right. I’m Jared, by the way.” A masculine voice cut through my thoughts and brought my focus to the boy standing next to me.
He was pretty cute, shaggy brown hair hanging slightly over his jade green eyes. A black shirt emphasized his muscles and skinny jeans showed off his nice butt. As I eyed him up and down I nodded.
“Thanks. By the way, I’m Violet. Sanders, if it matters. And I’m new. But I’m guessing you knew that.” I smirked up at him, curving my lips in a pouty look that attracted almost every man I’d ever tried it on.
♠ ♠ ♠
helooooo mibba.com! how ya doing? Ok so i am SO SORRY for posting that last chapter twice. i totally didnt realize that until just now!!! I LOVE YOU ALL for sticking with me and reading! comments are always loved. omggg i made it through my first week of high school and guess what? its pretty much the same as middle school. except much better food. anyways... i love you and i love COMMENTS. i love them alot. you guys rock my world. thanx again. xxx.c