Status: incomplete

Crashing down around me

we're in

“Mommy!” I yelled again, turning my head so that my voice could run out the door and down the stairs to the living room my father had just returned to. I turned back to my closet, stepping carefully onto the bottom shelf and stretching myself as much as I could to reach the large red suitcase sitting on my top shelf and pulling it down. It landed with a thunk and I heard numerous “Violet”’s coming from down stairs.
“I’m okay!” I called down to them “Just fell off my bed! Hey Mom, can you please come up here and bring the aunts?” I stepped off the shelf carefully and backed away, holding the large hard plastic suitcase off the floor so no one would hear the wheels rolling across the hard wood floor.
“Violet?” came the timid voice of Leana, peeping her head into my room. “Can we come in?” She asked, waiting for the bob of my head that meant yes.
“Yeah. I have a plan I need help with.” I told her, watching as Mom, Mish, Gena and Lacey followed Leana into my messy room. Leana, being the heavily pregnant woman she was, sat down on my unmade bed and put a hand to her stomach, as if reprimanding her unborn child for kicking too hard or at the wrong time.
“Guys. I have a plan. Mom, you said I could go to Warped. You know how important this is to me. I have to go. Now Dad, Uncle Bri and the guys think I can’t handle myself at Warped. But maybe I could handle myself somewhere else? Like… Lucyenna’s beach house in Maine? We could tell Dad and the guys I’m going there for a month then going to New York to record and write, which, technically, will be true for a few days while on tour. We’re in New York for about a week. So all you have to do is make sure they don’t decide to go to Warped or visit us in Maine.” I looked at them pleadingly. My plan would only work if they helped me. Mom wanted me to go. She said she did. So all she needed to do was help a bit.
Mom looked at my aunts. Mish looked ready. She knew how stubborn Brian could be and was behind me one hundred percent, even if it meant lying to her husband and love of her life.
“Now, you’re sure about this Vi? This is what you need to do?” Lacey was nervous. She wanted me to do what I had to do, but lying to Johnny was something she’d rather not do.
“Yeah Aunt Lacey. I’m sure.” I looked around pleadingly as Gena and Leana thought it over, mulling information and possible reactions over and over in their heads until they went through every possible outcome. Gena looked at Leana and nodded.
“We’re in.”
“So am I” Mish stated.
“I guess I am too.” Lacey said.
Then we all looked at Mom. She had been so head strong in wanting this for me. but now it seemed she was loosing her nerve. “Please mom. Please. I really need this. I Have to do it. Please.” I looked at her, pure determination in my eyes mixed with a look of understanding. Mom didn’t want to choose her daughter over her husband but at the moment she nodded her head with a simple “Okay.” She had crossed the line of no return.
I was going to Warped. Mom and the aunts would cover for me. Lucy’s sister could call and give details to dad to make it seem legit. This was happening. Fast.
The two weeks passed in a blur of shopping trips and recording stints. We finished our EP as fast as we could so that we could add it to the first album as teasers for our next. We were given our own personal style and got our hair done. We packed and planned and called everyone we could think of. The bus was furnished. We were packed. All that was left was to put a few suitcases into Lucy’s car to make sure dad didn’t get suspicious.
♠ ♠ ♠
is this short? yes, majorly. do i have any inspiration? nope. is that the reason this is so short? most defiantly. but hey guess what readers? i only have comments from ONE person. there are 90 of you. which is a lot. and only 1 person has commented. so pleaseeeee comment. pleaseeee rate. pleaseeeeee subscribe and pleaseeeeee review. but i like comments the best. i love you for reading! xxx.c