Status: incomplete

Crashing down around me

Crashing down around me

“Why did they leave me, Matt? Why did they go? They said they would always be there for me! They said they wouldn’t leave me! They lied! They went somewhere I can’t follow! Now I’m alone! I don’t know what to do! I don’t know what to do.”
“I’m sorry, kid. I really am. We’re just trying to do what’s best for you now, it’s all we can do.” Matt was sincere as he quietly backed out of the bathroom.
“She’s alright.” I heard him murmur to Val. But it was the lie of the century. I wasn’t all right and anyone with half a brain could see that.
I dressed in the clothes Val had left out for me and blow-dried my hair. It bugged me when my hair got the back of my shirt wet. It was unbelievably uncomfortable.
I felt like looking like I was fine today, even though it couldn’t be farther from the truth. I layered on a thick line of peacock purple eyeliner and brushed on some green mascara to compliment both the purple liner and my blue eyes. Blush gave my pale face color.
“Violet? It’s time to go, Honey. All your stuff is packed and in the bus. Our flight is in an hour so we need to get a move on.”
Brian had come back to help us move out of my house. He had stayed across the hall from me and we had grown to be friends in the past few days.
“I don’t want to. I can’t leave them! I can’t go! They won’t know where to find me!” I was crying again, clutching onto my locket for dear life. It was heart shaped; the silver so tarnished you could barley see the ivy creating a border around an inscription engraved in a slender, cursive font. Violeta, we love you with all our hearts. Forever and always, M&D. I had gotten it when I was born from Mom and Dad. I wore it everyday without fail. It was the only thing I had left of them.
“Vi, come on. It’s time to go now.” Brian was instant as I contemplated life, death, and why they had to be so separate.
“No. I’m not leaving. I cant’.” I tried to sound strong but the tears started to flow from my eyes and gave away my inner weakness.
“Violet. We have to go. Matt and Val are waiting. Scarlett wants to say goodbye. We need to go.” He tried to reason with me, not yet realizing that my irrational fear had taken over the logical part of me.
“No! I’m not going!” I shouted at him, tears raging down my cheeks and dripping off my chin. I couldn’t leave.
He reached for me and I opened my arms, expecting a hug. Instead, I was thrown over his shoulder. I began violently kicking and screaming. They had called me Violent Violet in middle school for a reason.
“No! No you can’t make me! I can’t go! No! Mom! Dad! Help me! ” I screamed at the top of my lungs, tears falling from my face as it turned beet red from the effort of fighting against Brain.
“Violet! They’re dead. Your parents are dead. They can’t help you.” His soft voice cut off my protests and ended my kicking. All I could do was cry harder then I ever had before.