Status: incomplete

Crashing down around me

Oh! Did Puddles make a puddle of piddle?

“Hi.” I said meekly, hating the looks I was receiving. I was never good at being the center of attention around adults and now wasn’t any different. I loved being the envy of girls my age and younger. Older? Not so much. Most of them looked down on the girl with a colorful name, personality, and hairstyle.
Instantly I was showered in hugs, kissed on the temple numerous times, and spoken to at a velocity no normal person could hear. Scarlett being my best friend, I understood every word from years of practice.

-*-*-*-

Two months had passed since I was first brought to Huntington Beach. Since then I had opened up a bit more. I still spoke less then I had before and was more soft spoken, but that was to be expected and everyone understood.
“Violet! Get up! Get up! Get upp!” Val sang as she entered my room.
“Nu uh!” I mumbled as I pulled a pillow over my head. It was useless though because the next second, I felt my covers being thrown off onto the floor and the pillow grabbed right as someone unceremoniously wrenched back my blackout curtains, letting the burning sunlight hit my eyes as I struggled to get away from it.
“Vi-oh-let! Come on!” Jimmy whined at me from where he stood, pillows in hand. “We want to go out! We’re getting you a Daughter’s Day present!” (n/a: its really on the first Sunday of march but I’m changing it.) He was instant as I looked pleadingly around the room.
Everybody was there, dressed and ready, standing in my colorful room and looking at me expectantly.
“Well, you’re getting two actually.” Brian cut in, looking at me with a huge smile gracing his face as he wiggled his eyebrows at someone on the other side of me and nodded.
“AHHH!” I screamed, filling the room with my sounds of surprise and terror as someone jumped on top of me, swiftly sending a few ice cubes down my back. “Matty! That wasn’t nice! Shame!” I scolded my father, brushing one index finger against the other in a sign used by most four year olds.
“But baby! You gotta get up! I want to get your present! I’m So Excited!” He seemed more awake then usual and when I turned to look at the clock, I realized why. It was three, the latest I’ve ever slept in. I usually sleep until noon and I wasn’t sure why today was any different.
Twenty minutes later I was pushed down the stairs by Mishelle, Val, Leana, Gena, and Lacy. All were very proud of my appearance, as they looked appreciatively at their handiwork.
“Wow. Vi, you look great!” Zacky complimented my navy blue tunic dress, black tights, and crissy crossy black patent leather high heels. My eyes were smoky and mascara was plentiful, standing stark against my slightly blushed cheeks. “All this for the mall?” he looked questionably at me. I simply shrugged and pointed behind me to where my female family stood smiling.
“Doesn’t she look amazing?” Gena gushed as she looked on.
“She does babe. You did good.” He told her, pulling her to him and setting an arm around her shoulders.
“You look wonderful, Sweat heart.” Matt told me, smiling. “Now let’s go!”
Fifteen minutes later we all piled out of the three-car caravan and Matt and Val lead the way through the mall. All the guys had hats and large sunglasses to make it harder for fans to notice them while the girls were dressed vibrantly, their outfits screaming for the attention that the boys’ denied.
“We’re here!” Jimmy bounced up and down, obviously excited by the store in front of us. All the while as we made our way around the unfamiliar mall the grown ups had been looking for something in what they thought was a subtle way.
I looked up and saw a bright blue sign with paw prints all over it. The Pet Store was written in a curlicue font, probably trying to dress up the bland, blunt name.
I tilted my head in confusion but nevertheless followed everyone inside.
“Ry? What are we doing here?” I turned to Valary. (a/n: ry prounced ree)
“Babe, we are getting you a daughter’s day present.” I looked at her incredulously, my eyes wide in disbelief. I had always wanted a dog but Mom and Dad had been allergic to any kind of fur, so I had had to stick to fish.
“Pick whoever you like.” She told me with a huge smile on her face.
That was all it took for me to run to the kennels of puppies, fervently searching for my ‘It’ dog, the one I would know just by looking at it. All of a sudden I stopped dead in my tracks, causing Jimmy to bump into me from behind.
He looked at me with wide eyes. “You found it.” He told me, knowing by the look on my face that I had discovered the puppy of my dreams. I nodded, pointing to a small black and white, soft haired dog.
“What’s his name?” Johnny appeared from behind us.
“Puddles.” I told him with certainty. This was my new puppy. This was my little Puddle of happiness.
About a half an hour later, Puddles was asleep in my arms. We had bought him a carrier, bed, leash, collar, dog tags, food, and lots of toys. We had also gotten what the overly perky sales lady had called Puppy Pads. They were like padded floor squares with sticky bottoms that we could stick around the house for when Puddles had to pee.
“Come on, Pudz.” I told him sleepily, pulling him into bed with me after taking him to the back yard to do his business. I held onto him as he curled into my side, licking me once before resting his tiny head on my boobs and falling asleep. I was gone soon after.
“PUDDLES” I woke up to Matt screaming from down stairs. Apparently my puppy had woken up before me, but that was normal. Most people did.
‘Oh no.’ I thought to myself, yanking off my covers and running down stairs just in time to hear Zacky gloat.
“Ohhh! Did Puddles make a puddle of piddle?” He started laughing hysterically, which was suddenly cut off by an “Ow!” I assumed Matt had hit him as I reached the last step and bounced into the kitchen.
I saw Matt holding Puddles by his upper middle, dangling him over the wet floor.
“Matty!” I scolded, scooping Puddles from his angry grasp. “Don’t you remember? The sales lady said Pudz wasn’t house trained yet!” His face turned ashamed as he bowed his head.
"He peed on the floor." He told me, pointing at the yellow liquid by his feet.
♠ ♠ ♠
YES more readers and subscribers!!! you guys are love. thanx for sticking with me! btw in case you were randomly wondering, i love comments. suggestions and questions make my world brighter. so thanx for readinggg!!! this installment came to me at like 2:30 last night and i just typed away! school starts on sept. first (omggg freshman yearrrr) so i'll be trying to get as much writing done as i can. this is by far my most popular story and also my favorite so my others are on hold for a bit until inspiration strikes once again. thanx again! xxx.c