Midnight Lovers

chapter 16

~Kristen~

With a groan, I finally resurfaced from unconsciousness. Last night was really busy at Hot Shots, which is the club I work at as a bartender. It was a fairly good job that paid well, and that was probably because of how hectic things always were. Seriously, I bet hundreds of people come there per night, always keeping me on my toes.

Well, I kept in pretty good shape from running back and forth behind the counter all night long, which was a blessing in itself. That meant I didn’t have to wake up early in the morning to go exercise; I exercised all night long!

The only downside to my job was really that I slept for most of the day, and went home each night around 3:00. Luckily, today was a Saturday and I had the day off. I also got Wednesday’s off, and holidays.

I rolled over and heard my phone beeping on my nightstand, which meant I had a new text message. Sighing, I picked it up and flipped it open. Shit. It was Steven.

‘C’mon Kris, babe, I want you back!

I mentally groaned, and was totally sick and tired of it. He had already said he would be over today at 8, and it was already 7:50. With another sigh, I walked down the hallway to go shower and found Frank, nearly falling on my face with surprise!

“Hey,” I giggled, walking past him to go into the bathroom. “You’re up early.”

“Is that all I get? A hey?” Frank teased, blocking the doorway.

“Maybe, now move it!” I giggled, trying to push past him. He didn’t budge.

“I don’t wanna,” Frank shrugged, staying firmly in place.

“I still need to shower,” I laughed, not giving up.

He wasn’t giving up either apparently.

~Gerard~

Aly was gorgeous even when she had just gotten up and wasn’t even dressed yet! Oh, she also wasn’t wearing any makeup either! Damn, I’m actually rather jealous…

I was so glad that she didn’t turn me down when I asked her out, I would have been heartbroken. Things were going pretty steady between us, which I was over the moon about. My last relationship didn’t end so well, but now I finally had the guts to get out there. And god am I glad of ir.

I did wonder what Frank was waiting for, and knew he was madly in love with Kristen, but I also knew he was terribly afraid of rejection. We’ve been friends for a long time, and we both knew each other better than most.

I giggled at Aly, who was now fixing breakfast for the two of us. Her waffles were truly the best. Really, they tasted out of this world.

Oh stop being so lovesick Gerard. Truth is, I cant.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment :)