Status: Active.

Snooker'd

Chapter 1

The ball rocketed off the side of the snooker table, spinning wildly into the corner pocket.
“Yes! Ah got the first point!” Remy LeBeau yelled, punching the air. He jumped into the arms of the man next to him for a congratulatory hug, and pretended to kiss him playfully on the cheek. A chilling breeze hit him from the direction of the African woman opposite, showing her displeasure.

“I’m warning you, Gambit,” she growled angrily. His partner in crime, Wade Wilson, dropped Remy to the floor, and stood there awkwardly, whilst Ororo Munroe stalked over to him. She wrapped her arms around him possessively, glaring at Remy.

“Am only joking, Storm, ma Cherie,” He muttered, backing off worriedly, then picked up his cue and took the second shot. From her spot nestled against Wade, Storm grinned. She liked freaking out the cocky Cajun, but was glad he’d let go of her husband. He’d seemed a bit too convincing for comfort, and they’d only just made up after the events of the past month. Letting go of him, she picked up her snooker cue and prepared to take a shot. Seemingly out of the blue, Wade aka Deadpool announced, “Snooker is a far superior game to pool.”

“Why?” Remy looked up and asked curiously. Wade paused, his face completely expressionless, giving no clue of his real emotions, and then grinned, “The table’s bigger.”
Ororo rolled her eyes and snapped, “Stop being so fixated on size! Honestly…” Her second shot scored perfectly, the ball rolling straight into the pocket.

“That’s two for me,” she smiled smugly.

The door handle turned and the door itself slammed open, making the three mutants look up, away from their game. Piotr Rasputin and Benjamin Russell stumbled through the doorway, hands all over each other, oblivious to the current occupants of the room.

“I’m harder than any snooker cue,” Piotr growled into his boyfriend’s ear, who answered by kissing him passionately. He entangled his hands in Ben’s long, red, silky hair and pulled him roughly towards the snooker table. Guessing what was about to happen, Wade coughed loudly, hoping to get the couple to notice him before anything really awkward started. The two lovers sprang apart, Ben jumping about a foot in the air, and Piotr falling backwards into the table. Both men were bright red with embarrassment. Ororo tried to hide a giggle and Remy smiled, “Hey Colossus, hey Shatterstar, got any… ahem…plans for the evening?” If looks could kill, Remy LeBeau would have been dead instantly from the glares he received in reply, but instead, his would-be killers hurried back out of the room, Ben muttering to Piotr, “My room?” The three remaining mutants looked at each other momentarily and then simultaneously burst out laughing. Piotr and Ben might be the only gay couple on campus, but they certainly made no secret of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapter will be a bit shorter than usual, but I thought it would be easier to read if all the scenes had a seperate chapter.
Please comment on whether you liked it or not and any mistakes I've made.
Thanks. :)

Entered into Kite Flyin's Username contest.