Status: Active.

Snooker'd

Chapter 5

Bobby Drake sighed contentedly, swinging his legs as he perched on the edge of the snooker table. He was due to be married, his fiancé was pregnant with his child and in relation to missions, he was on a roll. Life was just great, and even though there was that constant nagging worry that everything was going to go to pot, he was happy. As Logan Howlett stepped into the room, Bobby was in his own world, replaying the night before. He and Jubilee had gone to the nearby picture house to see some film he couldn’t recall. Whatever it was, it was irrelevant, as they’d spent the whole film making the most of the darkness and the emptiness of the cinema. It wasn’t often that they got to spend time alone, just hanging out, as the mansion was always so busy; so full of people. It was a relief to have some time out from all the chaos.

Waking up from his daydreams, he suddenly realised Logan was waving his hand in front of his face, saying, “Earth to Iceman!” Blushing, Bobby apologised, “Sorry Wolverine, have you been here long? I was thinking about last night.” Logan rolled his eyes, and then shook his head, grinning, “Not long. Don’t worry, Popsicle.” Bobby mock glared at the use of the nickname, his fist icing over, but then he smiled and asked, “Did you want something?” The older man cleared his throat, before explaining, “Yes, actually. As you know, I’m in charge of organising your Stag night.” At this Bobby groaned good naturedly; this topic was sure to raise a few problems somewhere down the line.

“If you’ll let me continue...” Logan muttered, and then carried on with his original pitch, “Tradition dictates we end up in a strip club, but we have the slight inconvenience of our shy, unassuming, gay couple.” Sarcasm crept into his voice during the latter half of the sentence; in reality, Ben and Piotr were the complete opposite of his description. They couldn’t hide their relationship if their lives depended on it.

As if on cue, Piotr himself walked through the doorway, and enquired, “We have new students?” Both of the original occupants grinned knowingly at each other, adding to his confusion, so he raised one eyebrow, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans. Deciding to enlighten him, Logan explained, “I was talking about you and lover boy.”

“Shy and unassuming?” Piotr repeated, and gave him a strange look, adding, “Me and Ben?” Flexing his fingers, the berserker replied, “Never mind, I was being sarcastic. We were discussing Frosty here's stag night, and how there's a problem with going to strip club as you guys are gay.”

“Well, actually I'm bisexual,” Piotr shrugged, “So I have nothing against it, but I'll go get Ben if you want to talk to him about it.”

“Alright.”

He retraced his steps back outside and strode over to the tree in the middle of the garden. He gazed up into the branches and called out, “Ben, can you come down?” There was a rustle of leaves and then a thud, as his boyfriend dropped down in front of him, greeting him with a gentle kiss on the lips. Piotr rested his hands on hips of the man opposite him, holding him at arm’s length.

“You’re wanted inside,” he announced, “There’s plans being made for Iceman’s stag night, and Logan would like your opinion on something.”

“Lead the way,” Ben nodded, tucking a strand of hair behind his ear. He entwined the fingers of his other hand with his boyfriend’s, and followed him through the back door, into the kitchen. He leant down and grabbed a four-pack of beer as they passed the fridge, giving one to Piotr, taking one for himself, and finally setting the other two on the snooker table when they entered the games room. He leant against the wall and asked, “You wanted to talk to me, Wolverine?”

“Yeah, what do you think about strippers?” Ben looked curiously at Logan, replying with, “I like him stripping,” gesturing at his partner, and then swallowing a mouthful of his beer. Bobby hit himself in the forehead, chuckling, “No, idiot, he means strippers as in a strip club. Scantily clad women.”

“Oh. They do not make me happy in my pants, but I will go...” He was cut off suddenly by Logan spitting out his drink in shock.

“Please tell me you didn’t just say that. Where did you pick it up?” He grimaced. Confused, Ben explained, “Someone said it on the television. I’m trying to learn all your human expressions. Should I not use it?”

“You may be an alien, but still, it sounds stupid.” He shook his head, giving Bobby and Piotr evils, due to them snickering at his reaction. Ben nodded uncertainly, then decided that the best course of action would be to pretend nothing had happened. Going back to what he had been saying, he continued, “I will go because it is customary, but do not blame me if I am distracted by a certain beautiful man.” He hugged Piotr, smiling, as Logan muttered, “Well I guess that’s settled then...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Penultimate chapter! :O