Status: Active.

Snooker'd

Chapter 6

Benjamin Russell stood at the top of the stairs and called out, “Piotr, where are you? I have a surprise for you!” He was dressed casually in sandals, cut-offs, and unusually for him, a logo t-shirt, all of which kind of betrayed his plans. He could never hide anything well; he was a terrible liar. There was a creak of a door hinge, and Piotr appeared further down the hallway. He looked his boyfriend up and down, before disappearing back into his room. Upon returning, a few minutes later, he was dressed in similar attire.

“So what’s the surprise then?” He asked, smiling. He’d already guessed, but he’d play along, so as not to disappoint Ben.

“I am taking you to the beach,” Ben replied proudly, reaching out his arm and taking Piotr’s hand in his, before leading the way down to the garage where his motorbike was parked. The bright orange, ‘Ninja’ bike was stationed near the door of the huge room, which looked more like a car park than a garage. It was meant to serve the whole mansion after all. Both men picked up helmets from a shelf nearby and climbed on, Piotr wrapping his arms tightly around Ben’s waist, then Ben kicked the vehicle into life, and they sped off.

Piotr raised his arm and let the sand trickle through his fingers, as he absently watched Ben strolling back to him with an ice-cream in each hand.

“A double honey-comb ice cream with strawberry sauce and a flake,” Ben confirmed as he handed the cone over, prior to sitting back down and slipping his free arm around his boyfriend’s waist.

“Thanks,” Piotr smiled, “You should’ve let me pay though.” The warrior rolled his eyes at this, insisting, “I am the one taking you out, so therefore I am paying for everything.” He drew circles on the other man’s hip with his thumb, admiring the smoothness of his skin whilst lazily licking the ice cream clutched in his fist.

They relaxed in silence for a while, just enjoying each other’s company. Waves crashed on the beach, and small children played happily with buckets and spades, their screams of excitement filling the air. Families bantered back and forth, and a few surfers showed off their skills for a crowd of teenage girls ogling them. All in all, a pretty peaceful aura surrounded them. Unfortunately, this was suddenly disrupted by a loud gunshot, and the excited squeals turned to screams of fear. Parents hurriedly gathered their children and quickly exited the area as the two mutants leapt to their feet, sighing.
Why could their dates never go to plan?
They jogged against the tide of people heading towards them, searching for the source of the noise, and were soon confronted with a cloaked figure lording over them from the top of the raised embankment. After sharing a glance, Piotr called on his powers and immediately metalled up, while Ben glared at the woman, complaining, “Why are you bothering innocent civilians?”

“Innocent, my arse,” She cackled, gesturing at the Russian’s organic steel form, “This area is full of dirty mutie scum like him.” Noticing the star shaped brand over Ben’s left eye, she added, “And you’re probably one too. With your long hair and tattoos, you should be disciplined for being a disgrace to the Lord, regardless!”

“Za’s vid! What if I tell you that we are gay, as well?” He shot back, internally sighing. The woman looked aghast at this piece of information, and let a spray of bullets fly through the air at the couple. Using his super-enhanced agility, Ben leapt into the air and flipped over her head, while Piotr just stood his ground and let the bullets ricochet off him.

“Blasphemers! The wrath of God will come down upon you both!” She cried, about to turn around, but was stopped in her tracks as the alien quickly disarmed, and then subdued her, by jamming his fingers into a certain spot on the side of her neck. He gently laid her down on the ground, then as the other mutant returned to his human form, notified him, “I will go and find a telephone to inform the police that we have done their job for them.”

A couple of hours later, a lonely motorbike sped along the narrow country lanes and pulled up outside the X-Mansion, disturbing the quiet that lay over the grounds. Piotr Rasputin climbed off the back, entering through the front door, while his lover pushed the bike into the garage, and accessed the building that way. They met in the main room of the house, promptly embracing and sharing a kiss, manoeuvring themselves down onto the sofa without breaking apart. Ben reached behind him and pulled out the bobble holding his hair back, sending the red locks cascading over them both, to which Piotr responded by entwining his fingers in it. The faint sounds of fighting reached his ears, and a roguish glint appeared in his eye.

“If the others are all training, then the Games Room will be empty...” He whispered suggestively, standing up and holding his hand out. It was swiftly grasped, and he found himself being manhandled firmly towards said room. The door clicked shut behind them, and then they used their impressive strength to push the snooker table in front of it. Now they would definitely not be disturbed. Ben pushed him roughly down onto the table, murmuring gutturally, “I have waited a long time for this.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter! ::twitch:
This has taken me so long to complete, but I've finally finished it. :)
What do you all think?