Broken Hearts and Torn up Letters

Seven

[Leah]

I actually got a good nights sleep for the first time In nine months.

The best part was…I was greeted by the two faces I love the most.

Gerard had stayed with me. He sent Angela, or whatever the fuck her name is, back to his parents house., which was fine for me ‘cause I didn’t want her near myman child.

“Morning.” Gerard said simply when he noticed that I was watching him.

“Hey Gerard.” I said after I cleared my throat. He smiled a tiny bit before rubbing his face to hide it.

“Leah, we have a lot of talking to do,” He sighed, “I mean…I live in New York. I barely ever get to come home. Not to mention the fact that I’m pretty much poor…” He drifted off.

“Gerard, you don’t have to do anything,” I told him, “Nothing at all. I don’t care if you just forget about it, okay?” I sighed.

He looked at me with big eyes, shaking his head. I knew this wouldn’t work out…

“No, Leah. I can’t forget about Elena. She’s my daughter,” He stated, “She needs a father.”

“She already has a father, okay?” I said quickly. I didn’t mean to sound bitter, but I sure as Hell did.

His face fell quickly and he raised his eyebrows, “What?” He asked. He knew what I meant…

“Look, Dave’s been here for me through this whole thing, okay?” I said slowly, “It would be better for Elena if we keep it that way. She’d have a full, loving family.”

“What, you don’t want me around my own daughter?” He asked sourly.

”That’s what it sounded like to me,” Dave said from the door way, “If you’d excuse me, I’d like to have some time with my girlfriend.”

“You know what? No. I wanna talk to you first. Outside.” Gerard spat as he grabbed Dave and pulled him along with him.