Love Doctor

Reveal

They were walking through the park, when Carlisle slipped his hand over and intertwined it with hers. She gasped, and then settled into his coldness. "You're always so cold, Carlisle." She whispered. He took in a deep breath of air. Could he do this? Could he reveal his secret so soon? They continued to walk in silence for a few moments. He kept looking over at her and stealing glances. She was so beautiful under the moon light.

"You wanna take a seat right there?" He ask, pointing to the bench.

She nodded her head, and he led her over to the wooden bench. They both took a seat, still holding each others hands. Carlisle didn't know where to start. He decided to discuss their feelings first. "Destiny. . . I feel a very strong connection towards you."

She smiled and looked into his eyes, "I feel the same way."
"I know we haven't known each other very long, but there are some things that I need to tell you about myself." He said.

Destiny burrowed her brows together, "What do you need to tell me Carlisle?"

He sighed, "There's a lot but. . . I'm scared you're not ready for it."

Destiny sighed, "Carlisle, I'm very understanding."

He laughed lightly, "I'm not sure if you're this understanding."

She rolled her eyes, "Try me."

"You wanted to know why I'm so cold. . ." He said.

She nodded her head, and he just looked towards the ground. Was he really about to do this? About to reveal the secret that would put him in danger, his family in danger, and also her in danger. . .

"It's dangerous to know." He said.
"Carlisle, tell me." She said, concerned.

He took in some more air, even though he had no reason for it. "I'm a. . . I'm. . ." He looked deep into her eyes, "I'm not human." He whispered.

She looked at him for a few moments without blinking. Did she hear him correctly? Did he just say he wasn't human? She licked over her lips and then blinked her eyes, as she shook her head. She was trying to comprehend the words he had just said, but she couldn't.

"What do you mean?" She ask.

He sighed, "I'm. . . I'm. . . I'm sorry, I can't." He said, getting up and began walking away.

Destiny, confused and shocked, got up and followed him. She caught up with him, and then grabbed him by the arm. He stooped in his tracks and slowly turned around. He looked down into her eyes and melted.

"Carlisle. . ."
"I can't do this. I won't put you in danger by knowing." He said.
"I want to know! I want to know everything about you. I'm not scared, I don't care about the danger, Carlisle. Tell me." She said looking deep into his eyes.

He sighed, "I'm not human." He said.
"I caught that part. . . What exactly are you?" She ask.

He licked over his lips, "I'm a vampire." He whispered.

She looked into his eyes and saw the truth that lay behind them. She also began clicking small details together. She then laughed with shock. "You're a vampire?" She ask. He nodded, "So you drink blood?" She ask, scared of his reply.

He sighed, "Not human blood. My family and I are vegetarians. . . We fed off the blood of animals."

She nodded her head, "Go on." She said, taking him by the hand and pulling him back over to the bench. He smiled, she seemed to be taking things a lot better than he thought she would. "Special abilities?" She ask, "I don't. Edward, Alice, and Jasper do." She nodded her head, "Is it hard to be around humans?" She ask, he licked over his lips, "For me, not really. I'm so used to it. But for some of the children, it's a challenge."

She nodded her head and then turned to look at him again, "How old are you. . . really?" She ask. He smiled. "I was born in 1643." He stated, causing her eyes to open wide. He then frowned. She shook her head and smiled lightly, "It's okay. . . just. . . hard to take it all in. I never thought vampires really existed." She said.

They spent the next hour or so in the park. He filled her in on everything. The strength. The powers of his children. The speed. She was surprised when she found out they didn't sleep at all.

"We should be getting back." He said.

She nodded her head. "Carlisle."
"Hmm?"
"You didn't answer something."
"What?" he ask.
"What about a physical relationship."

He licked over his lips, "It's hard for us to have a physical relationship with humans. The temptation of their blood. . ."
"So no physical relationship for us?" She ask.

He looked into her eyes, and then half smiled as he leaned over and brushed his lips slightly against that, "I have excellent self control." He said, pressing his lips against hers in their first kiss. It was passionate and steamy, despite the coldness radiating off him.

"I'm glad you finally know the secret." He said, walking her to her door.
"I'm glad too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image