Love Doctor

Awake

Destiny was fixing breakfast for the girls the next morning. She had the table set, and the pancakes already on a plate. She was waiting on the sausage to finish frying. She couldn't help but to wonder about Carlisle and the secret he had shared with her last night. He had mentioned it was dangerous for her to know. She wondered why? He had also mentioned something about a royal family during their talks. She tried to remember all of the details, but she was finding it hard. There was so much to remember about his life style.

"Hey Aunt Des." Anna said, walking into the kitchen and hoping up on the stool. Destiny turned around and looked at Anna's face. Her eyes were blood shot, and her cheeks seemed to be stained with mascara.

"What's wrong?" She ask her niece.

She sighed, "Embry broke up with me." She said, tucking a piece of her blond hair behind her ear.

Destiny frowned, "I'm so sorry sweet heart. What happened?"

Anna sighed, "I don't know. . . One minute we were at the bonfire, and the next minute his friend Quil comes walking by with this group of girls, the next thing I know, Embry can't take his eyes off one of them. She isn't even pretty Aunt Des!" Anna complained, "She's over weight, bad fashion, ratty hair, and wears glasses. I just don't know what he sees in her." Anna said.

Destiny frowned, "It'll be okay sweet heart." Destiny said, rubbing her niece's back. Anna sniffled for a moment, "Yeah, I just wish I could find someone who looked at me like Carlisle looks at you." Anna said. Destiny swallowed hard, "You will one day sweet heart." She said, not knowing what else to say.

Hannah came down and Destiny served the two girlsbreakfast. Anna was making plans on her cell phone with her friends from school when the phone in the kitchen rang. Destiny walked over and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"
"Destiny! It's Carlisle. . . Kevin woke up." He said.

Destiny almost dropped the phone, "Are you serious?" She questioned.
"Yes! Get here right now. He's asking about the girls and you. Come on!" Carlisle said.

She hung up without even saying good bye, "COME ON GIRLS!" She yelled, "YOUR DAD IS AWAKE!" She explained. Both Anna and Hannah both quickly ran out of the vehicle and climbed inside. Destiny slipped on a pair of shoes, and ran out to the vehicle as well. She could care less about what she looked like. The only thing she was concerned with was seeing her brother.

The drive to the hospital seemed to take forever. All three of them ran into the hospital, and through the halls. Carlisle laughed when he saw Destiny running towards him. The girls ran past him and into their father's room, while she jumped into his arms, with warm tears falling down her cheeks. He rubbed her back in a soothing way.

"I'm so happy!" She said.

He laughed, "I'm happy for you as well. Now go see your brother." He said.

Destiny walked into the room and smiled wide when she saw her older brother embracing both of his daughters in a hug. She allowed several more tears to fall from her eyes as she watched him. He looked at her and smiled, "Hey Des." He said, his voice a bit hoarse.

She walked over and hugged him, and then took a seat in the chair beside his bed. Anna and Hannah began explaining everything that had happened since he had been out of it. Anna even took it on herself to explain Destiny's relationship with his doctor; which made her cheeks blush.

Kevin laughed, "You were hitting on my doctor?" He ask, making Destiny laugh.

She rolled her eyes, "He was hitting on me." She re-corrected him.

Carlisle walked into the room and smiled hearing the conversation. He checked Kevin's vitals and told him that everything seemed to be right on target.

"How long until I can leave, Doc?"
"Let's give you another day or so. . . observation." Carlisle said. Kevin nodded

Destiny just smiled at Carlisle, causing Kevin to laugh.

"I haven't seen her this happy since she was a little girl and got the Barbie dream house." Kevin said, causing Carlisle to laugh.

Destiny left the room, allowing Anna and Hannah to spend some more alone time with her father. Carlisle took her by the hand and led her down to his office. He walked over to his chair, and pulled her down on his lap. She looked down into his eyes, and slowly brought her lips down on his for a sweet kiss. The day couldn't be going anymore perfect.

"I get off work at six. . ." He said.

She smiled, and kissed his cheek, moving over to his ear, "And?" She whispered.

He shuddered under her touch. Having her warm breath on him was making him feel things he had never felt before, "You should come over to my house. The kids are pretty pumped you know." He said.

She smiled, "I don't have a baby sitter." She said.

He laughed, "I'm sure Anna could handle things for a bit."

She smiled, "You got yourself a date, doc." She said, bringing her lips down on his once more.

She could only spend a little time with him since she needed to go back and watch over the girls. She discussed her date with Anna, and the teen was more than happy to step up to the plate and baby sit her little sister. Destiny was excited to see Carlisle's kids; especially after them knowing she knew their secret.