Love Doctor

The Ex

Carlisle looked at Alice and could tell something was wrong. His eyes then found Destiny's and he could see the worry swept across her face. He swallowed hard and then turned his attention back to Alice, "Whose at the door?" The pixie haired beauty bit down on her bottom lip, "Esme. . ." She said, causing Carlisle to groan. The last thing he needed was her coming home.

"I'll get the door." Alice said.

Rosalie, and Emmett both took Destiny's side, and Carlisle stood in front of her protectively.

"What's going on?" Destiny whispered to whoever would listen.
"That stupid wench." Rosalie snapped.

Alice opened the door, and a woman with a heart shaped face and brown locks walked in. She had blood red eyes, and a permanent smirk upon her lips. She looked around the room, and then her eyes went wide, "A human." She stated, and then she breathed in some air, "And it's not Bella." She stated.

Destiny could feel her muscles getting tense, but she felt protected. Carlisle was standing in front of her, and Emmett and Rosalie were on each of her sides. The woman with the crimson eyes snickered, "Oh! I get it. . . Carlisle found himself a girlfriend." She laughed bitterly. Her voice seemed odd and off. She looked very angelic and sweet, and Destiny could hardly imagine such a sarcastic and snooty tone belong to a woman so beautiful, and then she realized who this woman must be.

She's the ex.

"What do you need?" Carlisle ask.

She grinned, "I left a few things in the closet up stairs."
"Go fetch them then." Rosalie hissed.

The woman laughed, "Rosalie, after all we've been through. . ."
"Just go." Rosalie said.
"Don't tell me you're befriending humans now. . ." The woman said.
"Just get your shit and get out, Esme." Emmett said, not wanting to deal with this.

Destiny could tell that they loved this woman. She could see the hurt in Rosalie and Emmett's eyes when they talked to her that way. But she also saw how angry and furious they were. She had betrayed Carlisle, and their family.

"Every thing's going to be fine." Alice said to Jasper in the corner of the room.
"I hear Bella's truck." Emmett said, "She's bringing it over today so Rose and I can look under the hood and see what's been acting up on it."

Carlisle sighed, as he ran his fingers through his hair. Having one human here was bad enough; but adding another to the mix wasn't going to make things any easier.

Before Esme had a chance to come down the stairs, Bella and Edward walked into the room. Edward noticed everyone acting strange, and Rosalie explained in her thoughts what was going on. His nostrils flared up, "What is she doing here?" He ask, pushing Bella over to where Destiny was. He stood in front of them now, ready to pounce and protect.

Edward didn't like the idea of his once mother being in the same house with his human girlfriend, especially since she no longer fed off animals.

"She'll be gone in just a matter of minutes." Alice said.

Bella looked over at Destiny and flashed her a half smile. Destiny smiled back, still not knowing what to do. She looked up at the stairs, and saw the woman walking down the stairs. Esme reached the bottom stair and then turned her nose up. She licked over her lips, "I see Bella stopped by as well." She said, walking forward the group.

Everyone got down in defensive positions and snarled. Jasper also added to the ground, and Alice stood behind Esme, ready to pounce from the back. Esme laughed, "If you touch me. . . you know there will be hell to pay."
"Just leave then." Rosalie said.
"You're adding to the family so soon?" She said, eying Carlisle.

He didn't say a word, and he hoped she wouldn't either. She laughed bitterly once again, "It's sad that you try to replace me with a human. Don't you get it Carlisle? You'll never replace me." She said, smiling, as she walked out of the house.

Once she was out of sight, Alice walked over and shut the door. Sighs of relief were heard all over the house. Destiny just looked at Carlisle and he had embarrassment all over his face.

"I didn't want you to witness that." He said.

She half smiled, "It's okay." She said, hugging him.

Rosalie smiled and whispered to Emmett, "She's so perfect for him." Emmett nodded, and Edward nodded also from across the room. He was holding Bella close in his arms, scared that his once mother figure would come back.

Carlisle took Destiny by the hand and led her up the stairs so they could spend some time by themselves. He took a seat on his bed, and she joined him. "Thought you didn't sleep." She said.

He chuckled, "They come in handy for other things." He said.

Her eyes went wide, and her cheeks turned blood red. He laughed, "I wasn't meaning anything by it."

She giggled, "You're absolutely right though. They can be handy. . . For cuddling." She said, pulling him back on the bed with her.

He laughed as he lay next to her, his fingers intertwined in her hair. This moment was pure perfection.

"Destiny. . ." He whispered.
"Hmm?" She ask, rolling over and looking up at him.

He smiled, "I think I'm falling in love with you." He admitted.

Her mouth dropped at first out of shock, and then she smiled, leaned closer to him, "I think I'm falling in love with you as well." She said, brushing her lips against his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image