Love Doctor

Nerves

Destiny cursed herself for not packing better clothing. She had packed mostly jeans, and tops, and a couple of skirts. Nothing date worthy; especially not date worthy for a gorgeous doctor. She frowned as she pulled the plaid skirt off of her body and rummaged through the rest of her suit case. It was hopeless; pointless in so many ways. She groaned, and was about to just give up and decide not to go on the date until there was a knock at the door. She pulled a pair of Victoria Secret sweat pants up on her and walked over to the door, Anna was standing there with a smug look on her lips.

"Find anything to wear?" She ask.

Destiny sighed, "Not yet."
"How about this." She said, pulling a large pink bag out from behind her. She began unzipping the stress. She pulled out a simple black dress; although it was stunning.

Destiny laughed, "Is that yours? You know I'm not a size two." She said to her niece.

Anna giggled, "It is mine, and you can wear it. Dad bought it for me last Christmas, only it's like three or four sizes too big. I decided to keep it though, thinking that one day I'll possibly fit in it." She said handing it over to her aunt.

Destiny checked the size, and sure enough it was her size. She held it up to her body and then bit down on her bottom lip as she faced the mirror. The dress would be stunning; and much better than any other outfit she had tried on.

"Try it on!" Anna said.

Destiny quickly changed into the dress, not caring that her teenage niece was in the room with her. Anna helped her with the zipper. She turned around to face her self in the mirror once again and grinned when she saw her appearance. The black dress hugged her perfectly in all the right places. It did show a bit of cleavage, but nothing that was too distracting. It ended just above her knees, and still had a sophisticated look to it.

"It looks amazing on you! I always knew that dress would come in handy." Anna said.

Destiny turned around and looked at her niece and smiled. "Okay, okay! Now I need to finish getting ready."

Her long blond hair fell down in loose waves. Her make-up was done in light shades, and she added some pink lip gloss to touch off her look. By the time she was finished, she noted she looked really good; better than she had looked in a long time. She walked over and picked up a a pair of black heels that she had brought along.

Once she was completely dressed, she walked down the stairs to greet her niece's. Anna had decided that she and Hannah would watch a couple of movies and then go to bed early. Anna briefed Destiny on the directions to the diner, and then she hugged the girls and left. As soon as she got inside her car, she felt the nerves flood over her.

This was real; she was meeting up with Carlisle for a date. She didn't know if she could do this. She hadn't been on a date in over a year. She had refused to get involved with a man. Her ex boyfriend had cheated on her; and at that point, she decided she didn't need a man in her life. What had changed her so much? She would have never considered this back home. But back in her home town, there wasn't a man like Carlisle Cullen.

She parked her car outside the diner and sit there for several moments. She reminded herself that he was just an ordinary guy, and this was just an ordinary date.

Carlisle sit in the back of the diner, running his hands through his blond hair. He couldn't believe that his kids had arranged this. He knew if it was possible, he'd be sweating bullet's. He had never been so nervous in his 366 years. He looked up when the old bell dinged and he saw her walk into the diner.

His mouth literally dropped the floor when he saw her. He was positive she was walking in slow motion, and angels were singing around her. She flashed him a small smile, and her cheeks slightly blushed seeing him. The dress hugged her perfect curvaceous body, and her hair and make up flowed perfectly together. She was the most gorgeous woman he had ever saw.

She approached the table, and slowly sunk down in the seat in front of him. He was still trying to muster up the words as she looked directly into his eyes. He closed his eyes, cleared his throat and then looked at her.

"Hi." He said softly, and nervously. This woman was defiantly having an affect on her and he didn't even know anything about her.

She smiled a bit, allowing a pink shade to appear on her cheeks, "Hi. . . Thank you for the roses."

He swallowed hard, "Your welcome." He managed to say without his voice cracking.

A waitress came over and she ordered her food, he didn't order anything and she laughed. "I thought it was the girls who don't order on the first date." She joked.

He smiled, "I'm sort of on a diet."
"Like you need to be on a diet. Your physique is perfect."

'Did I just say that?' She ask herself, feeling her cheeks flush. Carlisle chuckled softly.

"So, tell me about yourself." He pleaded.

She took in a deep breath, "What do you want to know?" She questioned.

"How old are you?"
"I just turned twenty five last month."
"Full name?"
"Destiny Danielle Moore."
"Children?"
"None."
"Okay. . . what about."
"How about I ask you some questions." She said cutting him off.

He chuckled, "Okay."
"How old are you?" She ask.
"Thirty." He lied.

He hated lying to her; but he couldn't tell her the truth. He could just imagine her running away screaming when he told her he was over three hundred years old.

"You don't look thirty. You look like you're in your early twenties." She said.

He chuckled. He was turned at the age of twenty three, so she wasn't too far off actually. He just continued to grin.

"Full name?" She ask, coping his questions. He laughed.
"Just Carlisle Cullen."
"And your children?"
"I have five." He said laughing, "All adopted."
"How old are they?" She ask, wondering if Alice was the oldest.
"Alice and Edward are seventeen, while Rosalie, Emmett, and Jasper are eighteen."
"Wow! You have a group of teenagers on your hands." She said.

He chuckled, "Their good kids though." He said, reminding himself to thank them later.

Her food soon arrived, and they talked a bit more over dinner. She was finding it amazing how well they connected. She wasn't scared to be herself around him. She found herself wishing the night wasn't over.

"You wanna go back and meet my kids?" He ask.

She looked up at the clock hanging on the wall, and frowned, "I would love to; but I should get back to Anna and Hannah."

He nodded his head, "Some other time?"

She smiled, "Defiantly."

He walked her out of the restaurant.

"Are you working tomorrow?" She questioned him before he walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image