Love Doctor

Tears

Destiny allowed her heels to click against the floor in the hospital as she walked over to the nurses station. Neither Anna or Hannah came along today. Hannah was having a play date with one of her friends at the park, while Anna went to La Push to visit with her boyfriend. She didn't know whether it was responsible letting the girls go places by themselves; but Anna had assured her that it was fine. She knew Kevin had been busy, and the girls had learned to be independent. She also knew that adults would be at both places, and both girls had her cell phone number.

She walked into the hospital room and looked over at her brother. Nothing had changed expect for the bruises that covered his body. They were now turning a yellow shade. She frowned, as she walked over and slipped her hand in his, "Come on Kev, wake up. Please wake up. The girls need you." She pleaded to her unconscious brother.

Carlisle stood by the door way and watched her for a moment. It broke his heart to see her suffering over a family member. He walked further into the room and cleared his voice. She turned around and he could tell she had been crying. She lifted her hands up and wiped away some of the tears that had fallen, and then looked at him.

"No changes, Destiny. I'm sorry." Carlisle said.

She forced a soft smile on her lips as she turned around and looked at her brother, "I don't know what I'm going to do. Anna understands, but Hannah keeps asking when he's going to wake up." She said.

Carlisle swallowed hard, and then walked closer to her. He wanted to reach out, and grab her. Pull her into his arms, and comfort her. She looked so broken and delicate.

"Where are the girls today?" He questioned.

She sighed, "Anna's at La Push reservation with her boyfriend and some friends. Their having a bonfire tonight, and she said she was going to spend the night with some girl named Kim. and Hannah had a play date with a little girl named Sophie. I think she's also spending the night with her. I don't know if I should have let them go; but I don't want them spending their days and nights worrying about him. They can't stop living." Destiny said.

Carlisle nodded his head, "You've done the right thing, Destiny. You're letting the girls live life, and that's the best thing that can happen right now."

She ran her fingers through her long blond hair and sighed, "I just don't know what to do." She whispered.

He walked over, and placed his files down on the chair in the room. He then walked over and stood directly in front of her, raising his hands and cupping her cheeks. At first she was shocked. His hands were freezing, and sent chills down her spine. She assumed it was because the hospital always kept the air cold to kill germs. "You're doing everything perfect. There is nothing else you can do. Take the weight off your shoulders." He said.

She sighed, "I guess you're right. I'm going to go and grab myself some diner, and I guess I'll watch some movies."
"Nonsense, you'll be alone tonight right?"

She raised an eyebrow, "Yeah. . ."
"You can come by my house. I get off in an hour. My kids have been pounding me about you since last night." He said.

She felt her cheeks flush slightly as she remembered the perfect date they shared. She licked over her lips, "Are you sure they'd want to meet me?" She ask.
"Of course. Besides, I wouldn't want you to spend the night alone-- and tonight's family game night." He said with a grin.

She laughed, "Okay. . ."
"You wanna just hang around here until I get off?" He questioned.

She looked over at her brother and nodded her head towards Carlisle. He grinned, "I'll be back here in an hour." He stated. She nodded her head and watched him walk out of the room.

Carlisle walked down to his office and strolled in. He hoped that Destiny didn't think he was too up front about inviting her over to meet his family. He knew it was probably too soon. They didn't even know each other that well. But after the night he spent with her at the diner; he couldn't ignore his feelings. He couldn't wait for Alice's vision to come true. Risk or no risk, he wanted to be with her.

He phoned his house and let everyone know that he would be bringing Destiny by. Everyone seemed excited, and Emmett was already planning the different games they would play. He chuckled as he hung up the phone.

Walking out of his office, he scurried down to the doors and checked on all of his patients. After checking on everyone, he smiled. There was only five minutes left of his shift. He walked down the hallway and into his office. He placed his white jacket upon a hook in his office, and then shut down his computer, and unplugged all of his devices. He checked himself in the mirror, and then walked out of the room.

"Goodbye Mr. Cullen." A nurse named Nancy called from behind the counter. He waved to her, and walked towards Kevin's room.

He knocked, and then walked in slowly. Destiny was sitting in a chair by the bed holding her brother's hand. He smiled softly, and watched as she leaned over and pressed her lips against her brother's forehead. She then collected her purse and walked towards him.

"You ready?" He ask.

She nodded her head, and the two of them walked out of the hospital. "Did you drive here?" He questioned. "Yeah." She replied.

He licked over his lips, "Why don't you drive home. . . and I'll pick you up there, I can take you to my house and bring you back."
"Are you sure?" She ask.
"Positive."

She smiled, and then that done just that. She realized that he lived right outside Forks. It took around twenty minutes to arrive to their house. She could feel her nerves growing as he pulled into a parking spot.

What if his kids hated her?
♠ ♠ ♠
Image