Sequel: Lamps and Cheeseposts

Cheese and Lamposts

Meeting

*RECAP*
I figured I would just look for him tomorrow sometime but that didn't help me any now and I wanted to know more about this guy. So, even though I wouldn't have appreciated him doing this, I opened his spiral. I assumed he probably used it for the same thing, which I was right. I found it kind of ironic though how someone in the same grade used the exact same kind of spiral in the exact same faded yellow color for the exact same thing. I flipped through the pages when I came to what I figured was probably a song called "Why Do You Want Him". "So he has a crush?" I thought to myself. "I wonder who it is."

***

The next day at school I looked for "Billy" or whatever his name actually was, but he wasn't there.
"I'm screwed," I thought to myself.
I really wanted my spiral back as I'm sure he did too. I went on the next two periods kind of down not only because "Billy" wasn't there, but because neither was Amy. My other friend Taylor was, but she didn't have very many classes with me or even the same lunch. Once lunch came around I just sat by myself because I usually sat with Amy. A few minutes later, some guy came over and just stood there in front of me so I looked up. To my surprise it was him.
"Hey," he said.
"Oh, hey," I replied, sounding the most excited I had all day.
"I think we uhh... switched spirals yesterday when we bumped into each other in the hallway."
"Yeah, I noticed it last night when I went to write some lyrics down."
"Yeah, same here," he replied laughing.
"Oh, your stuff is really good," I said. "Oh, umm... sorry, I kinda read some of your stuff."
"Oh, no problem. I did the same thing. Hope you don't mind. Your stuff is really good too."
"Thanks! And in that case, no, I don't mind," I said laughing.
"Anyways, here's your spiral."
"Thanks, here is yours. Do you want to sit down?" I asked, considering I was sitting by myself.
"Well I would, but I'm sitting over there with my friend."
"He can sit here too, unless you just don't wanna sit here."
"No it's not that, I do," he said, waving his friend over to sit down.
Once his friend came over he introduced him.
"This is Mike, Mike this is... umm... " he said, obviously not knowing my name.
"Bekah," I said.
"Mike this is Bekah."
"Nice to meet you Bekah," Mike said.
"Same here," I said. "And your name? I don't think I ever got that," I said asking "Billy"
"Billie," he said.
"That's what I thought but I wasn't sure."
The rest of lunch we just talked and stuff. Not too exciting, but more exciting than it would have been if I had just sat there alone.
After lunch, I walked to the locker room with Billie to get ready for my next class. I told Billie I'd see him later and went off to class where I met my boyfriend Ryan.
"Who was that?" Ryan asked jealously.
"Who was who?" I asked.
"That guy you were walking with," he said.
"Oh, Billie? I just met him and we ate lunch together."
"Well don't."
"Are you telling me who I can and can't hang out with?" I asked with anger in my voice.
"Maybe I am. What are you going to do about it?" he asked tauntingly.
"This. WE'RE THROUGH!" I yelled in his face and walked off. I was NOT going to be in a relationship with some macho freak who thinks he can tell me what to do.

Later that night I called Amy to see why she wasn't at school.
"Hello?"
"Hey Amy, why weren't you at school today?"
"Oh, I got sick this morning, I'm better now though."
"Oh, well that's good, the being better now thing."
"Yeah, I hoped that's what you meant," she said laughing. "So did I miss anything at school today?"
"Not a whole lot, I found the guy who had my spiral. We ended up eating lunch together."
"Oooo..." Amy said in a little kid voice.
"Amy, shut up," I said before she could say anything else.
"What? I wasn't going to say anything. Anyways, go on."
"Anyways, he's pretty cool. He said he liked the stuff I wrote. I was just like 'thanks'. But his friend sat with us too."
"Was his friend cute?"
"AMY!"
"Sorry..." she said then paused for a moment and then said, "Well was he?"
"UGH! I don't know, I guess... "
"Bekah! You can't be saying other guys are cute! You have a boyfriend!"
"Ugh, whatever! And actually, I don't anymore."
"What?"
"Well, I was getting to that. But yeah, I dumped Ryan."
"WHY? He was SO cute!"
"Yeah, I guess, but he's a jerk. He saw me and Billie walking to the locker room together after lunch and got all jealous and crap like he owns me or something."
"Oh, I see. I probably would've dumped him too."
"Yeah, well I think I'm going to go. I'll see you tomorrow at school right?"
"Yeah, I'll be there tomorrow."
"Ok, bye Amy-kins!"
"Bye Bekah-Boo!"
After we hung up, I got my spiral out of my backpack. I was so happy to have it back. When I opened it, there was a folded piece of paper in it. So I opened it.

I don't know exactly who you are, but one thing I do know is that you are an excellent writer! Sorry I read all of your stuff, but it was just kind of there. I hope you don't mind, but again, I'm really sorry. Well, I guess I might see you tomorrow, which is really two days from now, at school.
Billie


"That is so weird," I said. I didn't think it was weird that he wrote me a note, I thought it was weird because I wrote him a note too, and pretty similar to this one.

*Billie's POV*
Later, when I got home from school I was wondering if Bekah had opened her spiral yet. I think she's really cool. Mike thought so too. I got bored so I decided to take out my journal. I decided to go read over "Why Do You Want Him" so I could write a guitar part to it. When I got there, there was a note folded inside of it.

I don't know what your name is yet, but I will find out. I don't have all that much to say, but your lyrics and everything are so awesome. Sorry about reading them, but I couldn't help it, I'm a nosy person. I guess that's all for now. Hope to see you around campus!
<3 Bekah
P.S. Just because I'm a nosy person, who is this song written for?

After I read her note I decided to write her back.

Hey Bekah! Thanks, about my lyrics and all that. And it's ok, since we both read each others. Oh, and about the song "Why Do You Want Him", it isn't about a girl I like or anything, I wrote it a few years ago about my mom. Well I gotta go, my mom is yelling at me to go to bed. Later. Billie

That night I went to bed thinking about Bekah. I'm not sure why though, I don't like her like that. Or do I?