Sequel: Lamps and Cheeseposts

Cheese and Lamposts

A Scare

*The next morning*
*Billie’s P.O.V.*
In the morning, I made sure to wake up before Bekah. I had to call to confirm our tickets and the backstage passes that she didn’t know about yet. As soon as I hung up, she rolled over. I was afraid that she had heard me but I don’t think that she did. I walked over to the bedside and kissed her forehead.
“Mmm…what time is it?” she asked sleepily and only half awake.
“About eight forty-five. I thought maybe if you were up we could go eat breakfast,”
“Yeah, that will be fine. Do we each have time for a shower?”
“Probably not. But I think we probably have the same idea,” I said grinning.
“Probably. We need to hurry though because I want to straighten my hair,”
“Okay, come on,” I said as we headed off to our shower. About 30 minutes later, we were out and ready to go. About fifteen minutes after that we got to Mimi’s to have breakfast.
“So what are we going to do until the concert?” Bekah asked.
“Oh, I don’t know. I thought I would take you shopping, you know, if you wanted to,”
“You know me all too well,” she smiled. After we were finished eating, we headed over to the mall and she went straight for Hot Topic.

*Amy’s P.O.V.*
The weekend that Bekah and Billie were gone was pretty boring since the six of us usually did everything together. The majority of the time we just hung out at my house or Billie’s and went to the movies once. Other than that it was just completely boring.

*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
Since the concert started at seven thirty, we decided to head over about six to try and beat the rush. Once we were there we went to one of the merch tables to get some t-shirts and other stuff before the concert. After that, I thought we were headed to get our seats, but instead, Billie was heading for the stage.
“Where are we going?” I asked.
“Backstage,” he said plainly.
“And how do you think we are going to get back there?”
“With these,” he said pulling out two backstage passes from his back pocket.
“Oh my gosh! I really didn’t think this could get any better!” I said as we walked backstage. We presented the security guards and went back. A few minutes later Roger Daltrey walked up to us and said, “You must be Billie,” as he put out his hand for him to shake.
“Yeah, and this is Bekah,” he said shaking his hand, and then Roger shook mine.
“Nice to meet you both,” he said as Pete Townshend walked up as well. We all introduced ourselves and talked for a little while and then the guys had to go get ready for the show. The Pretenders opened for them and when they left the guys from The Who took the stage. They played ‘My Generation’, me and Billie’s favorite song from them. When the concert was over, we went backstage one last time and then we were about to leave when Roger said something.
“Hey, where are you two going now?”
“Just back to our hotel, and maybe to get something to eat.” Billie said.
“Why don’t you come eat with us?” Pete suggested, and me and Billie being the fans that we were could NOT refuse an offer to eat with The Who.
“Really? We’d love to!” I said.
“Then come on. If you want, we can have one of our drivers take your car back to your hotel,” Roger suggested.
“Yeah, that would be great!” Billie said as we all walked outside to their tour bus. We went to Macaroni Grill to eat and stayed there for about an hour even though it was already closed. Afterwards, they took us back to our hotel, took showers, and got in bed.
“Babe, tonight has been one of the most amazing nights of my life. Thank you so much!” I said as I kissed his chest where I was laying.
“You’re welcome. I love you,”
“I love you too,” I said as we both fell asleep.
***
The next morning we woke up about eight so that we could eat at the café in the hotel and then get on the road back home. Once we were done eating, we loaded our stuff in his car and left for home. About half way home, we stopped for gas and drinks. While he put gas in the car, I went inside and got us two root beers and came back out. We got back on the road and then about an hour and a half later we pulled up to his house. When we got there, Mike, Amy, Tré, and Taylor were there. We got all the t-shirts out that we got everyone and then I went to help Billie unpack so that his bag wasn’t laying on his floor with all of his clothes in it for three weeks. We went back to the living room and Amy and Taylor wanted to come to my house, so Billie took us there and he stayed for about ten minutes but then left to go back home.
“So how was it?” Amy asked.
“It was so awesome! We were front row AND he got us backstage passes. So when we were leaving, they asked if we wanted to go eat with them!” I said.
“Seriously? Where did you eat?”
“Macaroni Grill. They paid too!”
“Well I would hope so if they invited you to dinner and then went somewhere like that,” Taylor said.
“Yeah, but still. It was so awesome though! But more importantly, how was your weekend?” I asked, nudging Taylor.
“It was-it was good,” she said blushing.
“Just good?” I asked.
“What? Did I miss something here?” Amy asked not knowing what had happened yet.
“Okay, so it was incredible,” she said smiling.
“We have no virgins left in this room,” I said trying to help Amy understand.
“Oh, I see. So it was ‘incredible’ huh?” Amy asked.
“Yeah, it-it was,” Taylor said.
“I love how I know everything before it even happens,” I said with a pleased look on my face.
“Oh, shut up,” Taylor said.

*Billie’s P.O.V.*
When I got back from dropping the girls off at Bekah’s house, me and the guys just sat around and talked for a while about the concert. I told them about the backstage passes and how we got invited to dinner and everything else. Then I put my hands behind my head and sat back on the couch and sighed.
“I love having a girlfriend that knows everything because in turn, then I know everything,” I said.
“What are you talking about?” Mike asked.
“Mr. Cool over here got some this weekend,” I said.
“Oh did you now?” Mike asked.
“Yeah, I did,” Tré said timidly.
“So how did she react… to umm…your, ‘problem’ I guess you could call it?” Mike asked.
“She didn’t. Like, I really don’t know that she even really noticed it. And if she did, then she just doesn’t care,”
“Well that’s good then,” I said.
“Yeah, it is,”
“Be right back, I have to go to the bathroom,” Amy said walking out the door. A few minutes later I heard a “shit!” come from the bathroom. “BEKAH!”
“Yeah?” I said walking closer to the bathroom door.
“Do you have any tampons?” she asked through the door.
“Um… no, not unless there are some under the sink,” I said. I hadn’t bought any in forever it seemed like.
“Well why don’t you have any? We’re usually on at the same time,” she said. Hmm… yeah we usually are. That’s weird. Then it hit me.
“Shit,” I muttered under my breath. Could this be happening? I couldn’t actually be-no, don’t even thing that. I walked back into my room and sat on my bed just staring at the wall.
“Bekah, is everything okay?” Taylor asked as Amy walked back into the room.
“Yeah, everything’s great,” I said in a very monotone voice.
“No, it’s not. What’s up?” Taylor asked concerned.
“I’m-I’m late,”
“What do you mean you’re late? Like you think…” Amy said, trailing off.
“I was supposed to have started,” I looked at my calendar, “four days ago.” I said.
“Yeah, but that’s not really that long,” Taylor said.
“For me it is. I’m never late. Not even by a day. Guys, what if-“ I said starting to panic. “What am I going to tell Billie? What do you think he’ll do? What if he leaves me?” I said going into major panic.
“Calm down, calm down. You don’t know anything for sure yet, and maybe it would be best to wait to tell him until you actually know that you are or aren’t pregnant for sure,” Amy said trying to calm me down. But it didn’t help at all. Up until this point, the word ‘pregnant’ hadn’t actually been said yet.
“You know what? I’m going to run up to Walgreen’s and get a pregnancy test. I know they aren’t very reliable but until we can get an appointment with a doctor set up, it’s all we’ll have to go by,” Taylor said grabbing her purse and getting ready to leave. “Amy, stay here with her so she doesn’t have a panic attack or something,”
“Yeah, I will but hurry back okay?” Amy said.
“Yeah, yeah, I know,” she said walking out of my room. We waited for about twenty minutes for her to get back. During that time, Mike called Amy. He asked what we were doing but she played it cool and said we were just hanging out and stuff and that she had to go and she would call back later.
“Alright, I got two different ones just to… I don’t know; give us a better result or something. Here,” she said handing them both to me. I went straight to the bathroom. The directions said to wait a minimum of fifteen minutes but that it wouldn’t be necessary to wait longer than twenty minutes. We sat in my room for thirty minutes because I wanted to be sure. After that time was up, we went into the bathroom. I looked at the first test. Positive. My eyes started tearing up, so I looked at the second one. Positive. At this point I lost it. I broke down into tears and ran back to my room. Taylor and Amy followed me to comfort me. A little while later Amy went to call to get an appointment set up for me. While Amy was doing that, I was calling Billie to tell him that he needed to come over as soon as possible because I needed to talk to him. He said that he needed to talk to me about something too. He told me he would be here in ten minutes. Ten minutes later, just like he has said, Billie showed up and we sat down on the couch together while Amy and Taylor sat in the chairs across from us.
“So what did you need to tell me?” he asked me.
“No, you first.” I insisted.
“Well, a guy that we, and when I say we I mean the band, have been working with lately about how to get started off. We’ve been recording lately and he said that he was going to mix everything and make a CD out of it. He also said that in order to promote the CD, we should do a mini-tour just around the area or the state. So me and the guys have been talking about it,” he said. Amy, Taylor, and I all sat with shocked looks on our faces. “Now, your turn,”
“Billie, before I say anything, I just want you to know that I love you and that I hope no matter what happens we’ll be together,” I said as my eyes started watering.
“Babe, what’s wrong?” Billie said as he wiped the tears from my face with his thumb.
“Billie, I-I think I might be…” I trailed off.
“You might be what?” he asked eager to know what I was talking about.
“Pregnant. I might be pregnant,” I said.
“Oh, Babe, you thought that was somehow going to make me not want to be with you or something?” he asked.
“I don’t know. I guess so,” I said still crying.
“Babe, come here,” he said pulling me into a hug. “I would never leave you. Especially now. You should know that. And if you are pregnant, then I'm going to do whatever I can to help. I would never leave you in a time like this,” he said still holding me in his arms.
“Thanks Billie,” I said looking up at him and kissing him. “I have an appointment tomorrow right after school with Dr. Cane to find out for sure if I am or not,”
“I’m going with you,” Billie said boldly.
“You don’t have to,” I said.
“I know, but I don’t care. I want to be there with you every step of the way. I’m going with you,” he said again.
“Thank you,” I said hugging him.