Sequel: Lamps and Cheeseposts

Cheese and Lamposts

Moving Time

*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
The next morning, Billie picked me up to take me to school because he didn’t want me driving. When I got in the car, he could tell that I was upset.
“It’ll be okay Babe,” he said assuming I was just upset about the pregnancy thing.
“No, no it won’t,” I said as tears started welling up in my eyes.
“Babe, what’s wrong?” he asked realizing it was more than just that.
“Well, last night when my parents got home, I told them,” I said.
“Why?” he asked confused as to why I would do that.
“Because, I felt weird hiding something like this from them. But, then when I told them, my mom told me that I had to be out of the house by tomorrow night,” I said as I started crying. “And on top of that, Dr. Cane’s office called last night to inform me that she was out sick and wouldn’t have another appointment open until Thursday,” I explained.
“Well, the doctor’s is something we have no control over, but you being kicked out is something that we can handle,” Billie said, being calm for me.

*Billie’s P.O.V.*
Immediately after Bekah told me all of this, I called my mom.
“Hello?” she answered.
“Mom?”
“Billie? What is it? Aren't you supposed to be at school?”
“Well, we’re on our way, but I needed to ask a very important favor of you,”
“Well what is it?”
“Can Bekah stay with us? I can’t really explain right now, but we’ll be sure to talk to you about it when we get out of school today okay?”
“Okay Billie. But straight home from school got it?”
“Got it Mom. We’ll see you later, bye,” I said hanging up the phone.
“Billie, you didn’t have to do that,” Bekah said.
“Yes I did, where else were you going to stay?”
“I don’t know. I-I could’ve gotten an apartment or something,” she said.
“With what money? You don’t have a job Bekah,” I said trying to make sense out of things.
“I could get one,”
“No, you aren’t working. Not in your condition,”
“You are so overprotective of this,”
“You can’t be about a baby Bekah,” I said defending myself and the actions I was taking.
“I guess you’re right,” she said sighing and looking out the window at the trees passing by.
That day at school seemed to drag on forever. I wanted to get home to explain to my mom why Bekah needed to stay with us. I really hope that she understands. I don’t know what we would do if I was kicked out of my house as well.

*Taylor’s P.O.V.*
Today at school Bekah seemed really down. I guess I could see why, but she doesn’t even know if she actually is pregnant or not yet. Although, I wouldn’t doubt it too much, but what do I know? Maybe there’s more to the story of why she seems like this right now. I wanted to know so today at lunch I decided I would ask her. When I sat down it was only her and Billie, Mike and Amy were still in the lunch line.
“Hey Bekah, is something wrong? Other than… well you know,” I asked. She sighed and said she would explain everything as soon as Mike and Amy sat down. A few minutes later passed and they finally did.
“Okay, I think Mike is the only one here who doesn’t know, but the rest of you don’t know the whole story either,” Bekah said.
“Know what?” Mike asked.
“Well,” Billie started, looking at Bekah for permission to tell him, she nodded and he continued, “We think Bekah might be pregnant,”
“Oh, wow,” Mike said in shock.
“That isn’t all. Last night I got a call from Dr. Cane’s office saying that she was out of the office and that she didn’t have another space open until Thursday. I also decided that I should tell my parents that I thought I was pregnant,” Bekah said.
“And?” I asked.
“And they kicked me out,”
“Oh my gosh! Bekah! Where are you going to stay?” Amy asked.
“With me. That is, if my mom allows it, which hopefully she doesn’t react the same way Bekah’s parents did when I tell her.” Billie responded.
*After school*
*Billie’s P.O.V.*
Right after school, Bekah and I headed straight towards my house like my mom had wanted me to. When we got there she was already waiting on us.
“Hey Mom,” I said softly as we walked inside.
“Billie, now what is it you needed to talk about?” she asked going to take a seat in a chair. Bekah and I sat on the couch directly across from the chair my mom was in.
“Well, we umm…” I started.
“We think that I might be pregnant,” Bekah cut me off and said bluntly. My mom went into shock.
“Umm… well, what is the need for you staying here?” my mom asked.
“When I told my parents, they told me that I needed to be out of the house by tomorrow night,” Bekah explained.
“Oh, Honey, of course you can stay here!” she said pulling Bekah into a hug. Bekah started crying a little bit as the two of them just stood there holding each other. The only thing audible in the room was Bekah’s sobs and sniffles every now and then.
“You can put all of your belongings in Annie’s old room but sleep wherever you feel comfortable Sweetie,”
“Thank you so much, Ollie,” Bekah said squeezing her into a hug one last time.
“Yeah Mom, thanks,”
“Anything for my kids,” she responded. After that, Bekah and I went back to her house to start gathering her stuff. I brought a few boxes that we had laying in our garage. When we got to her house, her parents weren’t home so we went to her room and she got two suitcases out for her clothes. I was helping her put all of her things she had on her shelves into the boxes when I came across a yellow spiral notebook.
“Heh,”
“What?” she asked looking at me.
“This,” I said showing her the spiral.
“Oh yeah. Gosh, it’s been forever since I’ve written in that,” she said.
“If it weren’t for this right here, we would’ve never met,” I said as I pulled her into a hug.
“I love that thing right there,” she said as she kissed me. I began to deepen the kiss but then she pulled back.
“What?” I asked.
“This is what got us into this mess in the first place,” she explained.
“Yeah, I guess you’re right. Let’s get back to packing,” I said. About an hour and a half later, we were done packing and loading everything into my car. How we made it fit, I’m still not sure. But we did so that’s all that matters. Just before we left, Bekah decided that she was going to leave a note for her parents.
*Bekah’s P.O.V.
I looked for a piece of paper and a pen and began to write.
Mom and Dad, you said you wanted me out by tomorrow night, but I already have everything packed and I’m leaving. You have my cell number if you decide that you want to talk.
-Bekah<i/>
“Okay, I’m ready to go,” Bekah said as we walked out the door and she locked her front door. When we got back to Billie’s house, Amy and Taylor came over to help me set up my new room. About an hour later we finished and they wanted to go get something to eat.
“I think I’m going to just go lie down for a while, you guys go ahead though,” I said as I walked to my room and got into bed.
*Billie’s P.O.V.
“You guys go ahead, I'm going to stay here and make sure Bekah is alright,” I said.
“Alright man, see you later then,” Mike said as they all left. I went to Bekah's room to see if she if she was okay. When I walked in, she was already asleep. I lay down beside her and held her in my arms. I kissed her head and then drifted off to sleep myself.
*Amy’s P.O.V.*
“Gosh, I feel so sorry for Bekah,” I said as we all sat down once we got our food.
“I know, do you think she’ll be okay?” Tré asked.
“I don’t know,” I answered.
“Me either. If she is pregnant, having that much stress can’t be good for it,” Mike added.
“Yeah, you’ve got a point there. But Bekah’s strong. I think she’ll be okay,” Taylor said.
“Yeah, you’re probably right,”
*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
About two hours after falling asleep I woke up in Billie’s arms. I smiled at the warm embrace but then slowly got up to see what time it was. It was around eight fifteen so I decided I would get up and take a shower. I started the water but then thought a bath was a better idea, so I turned the radio on softly and got into the tub.
*Billie’s P.O.V.*
When I woke up, I heard bath water running so I figured it was Bekah. I was still tired so I went to my room, took my shirt off and went back to sleep.
*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
When I got out of the tub, I dried my hair and went to my room. I didn’t really want to be alone at the time even though it didn’t really matter because I was just going to sleep anyways, but even so I didn’t want to so I went to Billie’s room and found him already asleep. I crawled into bed with him and then fell asleep.