Sequel: Lamps and Cheeseposts

Cheese and Lamposts

Missing her...

*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
That Saturday, Billie and I were supposed to go see the apartments he had looked at before.
“You ready to g- Oh…” Billie said as he walked in while I was pulling on my shirt.
“I am now,” I said then added, “And don’t get any ideas,”
“Okay, fine,” he said childishly as I grabbed my purse and we headed for his car.
“I thought we could grab something to eat first, that okay?” he asked.
“Yeah that’s fine,” I answered.
*Amy’s P.O.V.*
After not talking to Mike for a while, I felt a little better. When I turned my cell phone on, I had about seven missed calls and three messages from Mike and two missed calls and a message from Bekah and Billie. I decided to call Mike back.
“Hello?” he answered sadly.
“Mike?”
“Amy?” he said slightly happier at the fact that I called him.
“Yeah, it’s me,” I said slowly. “How have you been?” I asked.
“Missing you,” he said as my heart sank. I fell silent for a moment then said,
“I’m sorry. I really am,”
“You shouldn’t be. It wasn’t right-I shouldn’t have been jealous. I had absolutely no reason to be. I’m so sorry. It’s not that I didn’t trust you. I don’t even know what it was to tell you the truth. I guess I was just having one of those days when I felt that you deserved better then me or that you would want someone better,” Mike said trying to explain.
“Billie told me you felt like that sometimes,” I said understandingly.
“When did you talk to him about all of this?” he asked.
“The other night after we had our fight. He came over after I left,”
“Oh, Bekah talked to me that night too. Everything that’s happened, happened just the way she said it would,” Mike stated a bit surprised.
“Of course it did. She knows all remember?” I said laughing for the first time I had in a while.
“I’ve missed that,” he said after a small pause.
“Missed what?” I asked.
“Your laugh,” he simply said. I could tell he was smiling.
“Maybe it’s a good thing that all of this happened,” I said.
“What? That we broke up?”
“Yeah. I mean, they do say what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger,”
“Yeah, I guess that’s true. I-I think I’m going to go. I’ll call you later or something okay?”
“Okay, that’s fine,”
“I lo-bye Amy,” Mike said. I paused for a second then smiled and said,
“I love you too, Mike,” and then hung up the phone.
*Mike’s P.O.V.*
“Amy? Amy?” I said before realizing she had already hung up. She still loved me? Well it was a relief to know that. I still needed to talk to someone so I called Bekah.
“Hello?” she said answering her phone. I could hear the radio in the background.
“Bekah?”
“Hey Mike! What’s up?” she asked.
“I just got off the phone with Amy,” I said happily.
“She finally answered then?” she asked.
“No, actually she called me,”
“Really?” she asked surprised.
“Yeah. Do you think it’s still too early to ask Amy out again?”
“I don’t know. Don’t do it right now. I’ll talk to her later and see when I get home,”
“Okay. Where are you now?”
“Billie and I are looking at apartments!” she said excitedly.
“That’s awesome! See any you like?
“Umm… sort of. None that we’ve loved though yet,”
“Well, I wish you luck on finding the perfect apartment,”
“Thanks Mike! I’ll call you later okay?”
“Okay. Bye Bekah!”
*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
“Oh… my… gosh!” I exclaimed.
“You like this one?” Billie asked.
“I LOVE this one! Don’t you?”
“Yeah, I do. That’s why we came here last. This was my favorite that I looked at the other day,”
“I want it,” I said in a baby voice.
“I know Babe, I do too,” he responded.
*One week before Christmas*
*Amy’s P.O.V.*
I was sitting in my room bored so I picked up my phone and started to dial when I paused because I realized the digits I was dialing were Mike’s. I erased the number and then my phone started ringing.
“Hello?” I answered.
“Hey Amy, what’s up? “ I heard Bekah ask.
“Not much. Just sitting here bored out of my mind,” I said. “What about you?” I added.
“Same. I was calling to let you know that we’re having Christmas at Billie’s house like we did for Thanksgiving, only with presents. Is that cool with you?”
“Is Mike going to be there?” I asked worriedly.
“Well, yeah. Same people as last time. So are you coming? Ollie and I need a count so we know how much food to make.”
I sighed, “Yeah, I guess count me in. It’ll be awkward but whatever,”
“Kay, cool. So are you doing anything today?”
“No, why?” I asked.
“Because I was going to go to the mall to get a few gifts and I wanted to know if you would like to join me,”
“Yeah sure,”
“Kay, I’ll be over in fifteen,” Bekah said as we hung up.
*Mike’s P.O.V.*
“I know man, I know. I told you I’ll do what I can,” Billie said.
“I just have to wait until the right time. Maybe I could ask her at Christmas,”
“Oh yeah, about Christmas, we’re having it here again, just with presents and stuff. You coming?” Billie asked.
“Yeah, of course. Is Amy coming?”
“Yeah, Bekah asked her when she called her earlier,”
“Perfect. I’ll be back later. I’m going to get presents,” I said.
“Just don’t go to the mall. That’s where Bekah and Amy are,” Billie said as I walked to my car to wonder what I was going to get for Amy.
*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
“Hello?” I said answering my phone while walking into Dillard’s from my car.
“Bekah? It’s Taylor,”
“Hey. What’s up?” I asked.
“I was wondering if you had talked to Tré lately,”
“Ummm…no not really. Why?” I asked.
“I don’t know. He’s just seemed kind of weird lately. But I don’t know why, and I didn’t know if you knew,” she said.
“No, but if there’s something wrong he’ll call me. He always does,” I said laughing.
“Yeah, I know. That’s why I called you,” she said laughing as well.
“Kay, well ill call you later if and when I find out, okay?”
“Kay. Thanks Bekah!”
“Anytime Taco. Later,”
“Bye Soda!” she said I hung up my phone laughing at the nicknames we had used since middle school.
“What’s wrong with Taylor?” Amy asked.
“She thinks something is wrong with Tré. So she wants me to find out,”
*Tré’s P.O.V.*
I was starting at the T.V. not really paying attention to what was on it but thinking of who I could talk to about anything. So I dialed Billie’s home number.
“Hello?” Billie answered.
“Hey Bill, it’s Tré. Is Bekah there?”
“No, why?”
“I just needed to talk to her about something,”
“Oh. Well she’s at the mal with Amy. You can call her or go try to find them in the mass of people they call ‘shoppers’,”
“I think I’ll call her,”
“Yeah, good choice. You have her number right?”
“Yeah. Thanks Billie. Talk to you later,”
“Oh wait! You and Taylor coming over for Christmas?”
“Yeah sure. I’ll call her and ask her later,”
“Okay, Bye Tré,”