Sequel: Lamps and Cheeseposts

Cheese and Lamposts

The Mall

*The next day at school*
*Bekah's P.O.V."

The next day at school I figured would be pretty uneventful. I was wrong. In history, Ms. English decided to put us in groups for who knows what purpose. As she was calling out the groups I was listening for my name.
"Group four, Bekah, Amy," she called. Sweet, I get in a group with Amy, who else? "Billie and Ryan," she continued. Well, I thought it was going to be a good group. We all walked over to table four and sat down where Amy already was.
"Hey guys!" Amy said, too overly excited about this whole 'group thing'.
"Hey," the rest of us replied in unison. Silence. That is all there was. This was so awkward.
"So this is fun," Amy said breaking the silence. I shot her a glance. She got the hint and shut up very quickly. After a while we managed to get some work done and then finally the bell rang.

Later, I was so glad it was finally lunch. I got to hang out with Amy, Billie, and Mike. We were sitting at the table outside eating and talking.
"So Bekah, what are you doing this weekend?" Billie asked.
"I don't know for sure yet, probably hanging out at the mall with Amy."
"What are you doing this weekend Amy?" Mike asked.
"Hanging out at the mall... with Bekah," she answered slowly, confused as to how Mike missed what I had just said.
"Oh, right. That was just said huh?" Mike asked, kinda out of it.
"Umm... yeah dude, it was," Billie replied just as Taylor walked up.
"Hey," Taylor said sitting down on the other side of me.
"Hey, you wanna hang out at the mall with us tomorrow?" I asked Taylor. "You guys can come too." I said pointing to Billie and Mike.
"Sure," said Taylor.
"Yeah, we might meet you there or whatever, I don't know yet. We might have band practice."
"Ok that's fine," I said just as the bell was ringing for my next class.
"Umm... will you give me your number and I can call you if we go?" Billie asked me.
"Yeah, sure, here it is," I said writing it down on his hand.

***

That night while I was putting off my homework, my phone started ringing so I turned down my music and answered it.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Bekah?" Billie said.
"Oh, yeah. Hey Billie!"
"So you are still going to the mall tomorrow?"
"Yeah are you coming?"
"Yeah."
"Yay! What about Mike?"
"Is Amy still going?"
"Yeah why?" I asked curiously.
"Then he'll go, I think he's got a thing for her."
"Yeah that's what I thought. I could kinda tell at lunch, just don't tell him I said that."
"I won't. Do you think she likes him?"
"I don't know. She has a boyfriend right now, but things haven't been going too smoothly, so maybe he could use that to his advantage. I've been telling her to just dump him for like a week now."
"Oh, well what was wrong?"
"Same problems I had with Ryan, which isn't surprising seeing how he's Amy's boyfriend's best friend. His name is Andy."
"Oh, I see."
"Yeah, anyways, I'm getting up early tomorrow to get ready for the mall so I can shower and all that good stuff us girls do, so I'm gonna go."
"Oh, so you think only girls like feeling pretty? Well for your information, I like feeling pretty too!" he said in a little kid voice.
"Ok, well then you need to go so you can get your beauty sleep princess Billie." I said laughing.
"Yes, you are right, I need my beauty sleep or I'll look just awful tomorrow."
"Yes, what a shame that would be. Anyways, goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow!"
"Alright, goodnight!"