‹ Prequel: Perfect strangers
Status: In Progress...

Perfect Strangers: I Never Knew You.

Shaun - A mask is a good way to hide.

Shaun's POV.

*1 Week later*

'It is hard to explain, this place.' I wrote down on the scrap sheet of paper on my desk. One of many that had similar phrases written on them. I had mostly kept to myself since the romeo or Christian thing. I had avoid him like the plague, and he wasn't the only one. My big break, my college years were haunted from the start but I couldn't bring myself to leave. Be a drop out, it was something I wanted. But being only the beginning of a semester and missing classes already... Not good.

I wanted to write to Rhys, I wanted to write this epic letter of love, of how much I missed him. A letter that was full of amazement... thats the only way I can put it, and this place was, but I couldn't. I just couldn't get the words out. I had tried email, texting, then got this romantic notion that a hand written letter was better then anything modern I could type. I just had nothing to say. I gulp down half a bottle of water and mumble to myself about how stupid this whole idea was.

I crushed the paper and chucked it across the room at the wall. I was stuck. Stuck for words, Rachel would say that was unlike me. I missed her so much, I missed Chloe and Eric, I missed home, I missed how things were before everything, before it seemed like we were all grown up and had these perfect strangers in our lives. To be honest right now, my closest friends felt like perfect strangers. I hadn't herd from anyone.

I feel my gut tighten and I sprawl out onto my bed looking up at the blackness that is my rooms roof. Shadows cast from the window make me think back to the carnival days, when we would be there every other weekend during high school. Its then I hear a light banging against the door. I jump up, slowly, thinking its the administration officer or an RA telling me its time to leave. I open it to find no one, wait am I going mad. Before I turn in I find a envelope pinned to my door. I rip it open and an invitation falls out.

Shaun,
I want us to get to know each other. There is a party tonight. Its not a big deal. Masks are required though. I put one in your post box locker. Hope you like it, hope you come.
- C.

It was signed C?, C... C is for Christian. I had been avoiding him. it makes sense. I drink down some water as I process the idea of going. God, what if I look like a freak, what if its one of those stupid pranks you see in the movies. I walk down the hall, leaving my room wide open, these nothing in there to steal, and make my way to the post box. I open my locker and find an elegant mask that red and black, its laced with a soft silk or satan interior, its gorgeous. Alright fine I'll go. He went to a lot of trouble. I walk back to my room and take off my sweats and slide on a pair of skinny jeans, slip on a shirt and a blazer that matches the mask. I lock my room. Taking my keys and water, and some cash to catch a taxi home, though I didn't plan to drink. I've herd of drink spiking and even though i'm not looking my best, im still a cutie. I smirk to myself as my lameness.

*The Party, 20mins later*

Everyones in masks, well I hope that means this isn't a prank. If it is, its elaborate. I wouldn't even be hurt, just impressed. I turn and get a drink from the 'bar' some fruit mock-tail thing, its sweet. I walk around looking to find Christian, sipping my drink slowly. This whole mask thing makes it hard. I wonder up stairs, looking around there are people making out and dancing everywhere.

I slip into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I look very different at least I think I do. "This meeting at a Mask Party was not the best idea... I think I will have to rub that in Christians face." I laugh. "When I find him..."

I slip out with a few groans from people waiting in a line for the bathroom. I mumble apologies, not meaning it, considering I was in there for like half a minute.

I reach the stairs and look out over the filled house and thats when I catch someone eye. His teeth bare in an odd smile, he lifts his mask, I freak. It was the ghost. It was him. It was Dean.

My head is spinning and the room is falling away. What is going on, what are they saying... who are 'they'. I don't know who I am anymore. My skin is cold. Blisters, I am burning. No not burning, not cold... someone is holding my arm. I look up at the masked man. He pulls me to a nearby couch. I think. I feel funny. Whats he saying... "A drink?" no I don't need a drink I have one, wait where is my drink? Aw, man. I was enjoying that. Wait why is my head wet and sticky. I try to lift my arm. Why are you holding my arm.

"Look... I think you need..." I barley say, head spinning again.

I slip, I think into their shoulder, I peak out into the crowed. Some people are staring others are acting like nothing is going on but aren't as into the party as they were before. I lock eyes with his again, from across the room, wait he was down stairs. Wait, i'm down stairs. I don't remember that.

Its then I see him Dean. Looking at me. Not moving. Just watching me. I breath hard against this stranger and rock back in my seat. Its Christians face that appeared from under the mask of the stranger. He lifts me up into his arms and carries me outside onto the porch. We sit in silence for a while on the steps, his arm around me. Then he leans back and my head falls on his shoulder, the world is still spinning but not as much.

"Shaun," he starts. "Are you okay?"

"I will be, once the world stops spinning". I muster into his chest. Please don't let me vomit on this cute guy. I catch myself thinking.

"I think we should get out of here." I don't move. Neither does he. "What were you drinking?" Oh no, he sounds mad. Is Christian one of these straight edge guys.

"My Drink!" I yell a little to loud, shooting up and looking around for it.

He laughs, well chuckles. Then gets serious. "You dropped it when you fell." I now notice he is holding a towel to my head. Ouch my head hurts. Oh, that explains how I got down stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, well this is my attempt to get back into writing after so long. I would like feed back. Might keep going with this, or let it die.