‹ Prequel: Perfect strangers
Status: In Progress...

Perfect Strangers: I Never Knew You.

Rhys - Goodbye's aren't Always forever

Rhy's POV.

It wasn't long until we arrived at the school, it was huge. I was so happy when Shaun made it in this place is where all the best performers and artist go to get better and to get a chance to make it big. But now that we were here, all I could think of was how sad I was to be leaving him here, and how the band would lose it singer. How could we replace him?

I had been the one that had remembered on the way home that he was ment to come here, he had planned the whole emergency phone call so that he wouldn't have to go. I know this school was what he wanted to do more then anything he talked about it all the time with Chloe, but he didn't want to be so far away from me and the band. He had even tried to use Rachel (his niece) to get out of going. I had made him promise to go if I drove him, and I had almost forgot with everything with mum going on, but now we where here. Christian and Elly left saying good byes to me before I woke up Shaun. He looked so sweet sleeping I didn't have the heart to wake him.

"Wh..what, are we there already?" he said sitting up and rubbing his eyes. I smiled and kissed him, that woke him up a bit.

"Yeah sexy, where there. Ahh I'm going to miss you." I said hugging him. He looked at me a little confused.

"Your not staying?" he said looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

"I can't you made me sign up for that dumb community college, I have to if I'm going to make first class."

"I'm going to miss you so much, how could I let you talk me into going to school so far away?"

"Umm because, for one you got accepted into this amazing school where you will blow them away and then there's the fact that you have wanted to go here since... what where Chloe's word "since forever"."

"I'm going to kill her when I get back home."

We sat in the car for a minute, listening to passing kids and moving truck. Watching people drag boxes into dorms and apartments. He smiled as he watched every one go past, but then a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Will we be okay?" he whispered.

"Babe, we will be fine." I wasn't so convincing because my voice broke. "Goodbye's aren't forever, at least not this one. I'm going to talk to you every day, plus there's web chat and video calls." I wiped his cheek.

Then a knock on the window made us both jump, Elly was standing there with a large bull sized woman. She was pretty but a little scary.

"This is Shaun," Elly said pointing at him and smiling at me.

The big woman just nodded and handed him a bit of paper. The trotted of after another group of kids or teachers? Elly smiled and waved as she ran into the big building we had parked next to.

It was going to be hard, but we still loved each other. Long distance can work, right?