‹ Prequel: Perfect strangers
Status: In Progress...

Perfect Strangers: I Never Knew You.

Shaun - Romeo and Romeo?

Shaun's POV.

The crumpled paper the headmaster... mistress?, had handed to every one was a timetable, four classes a day. Other then basic academics which took place in the last two classes of the day, we had to take 2 of the four major classes before lunch (Art, Drama, Music and Dance). My first class was music, a simple vocal exercise for the first day, not to hard. It seemed to go through it quite quickly, and it was fun. All we had to do was say our names and show of what we could do. I was good but I swear some of the other kids were amazing.

Next on my list was Drama which I was kind of running late for because I had decided to take my time and walk the empty halls to get a better look at the school. It was rather beautiful, something you would never expect to find in the middle of know where, and there was no way to appreciate it when it was filled with kids moving from class to class. Some of the art done by ex-students was hung all over the walls, different styles but harmonious with each other. Fliers were pinned to boards advertising jobs, art related shows, performances and room mates wanted posters. I felt older, was I really just out of high school. I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I stopped dead at the door of the Drama class room.

Before I got a chance to knock, a voice boomed. "Come in,"

I walked in, I think I might have been pulling a 'I'm not late' face as I walked in because a few people giggled at me as the teacher ushered me up to the front of the class. He was a short man but not bad looking, no Matt (my old English teacher/ex-boyfriend). I sort of whispered and apology to him and quickly glanced at the class, each was paired up and flipping through a book. The same books, monologue I guess.

"Its alright, first day and all... you must be Shaun then, damn these un-even numbers. I guess I will have to pair you with my teaching aid. He's a student so don't worry just a a senior with a free but he helps me out during this class to get in some practice time. He's my star actor for the past 2 years." the teacher said handing me a book from and old cup bored behind his desk, it was worn out a fair bit with an emerald green cover. "I'm Mr.Collins, by the way." he laughed, a few people giggled... suck ups? "ahh, and here comes your partner now."

At first I couldn't see him, but I herd a few girls gasp and sigh, a could have sworn a few of them were close to fainting. Then one of the did, I think she faked it, Mr.Collins didn't think so, he rushed past the swarm of kids to the "fainted girl".

"So Romeo and Juliet, classics's for the first day, I guess I'm your partner."

I turned to face him, he was... there wasn't words really to describe him. He had a soft but strong face and was tall and thin but not yuck thin, and had dreamy dirty brown/blond hair with a cute twist in the front, which reminded be of the old superman movies. He had a adorable grin on his face and was holding one of the old green books. I smiled and reconsidered the fainting girls 'act', maybe it wasn't. Something about him was familiar like I had seen him before.

"Shaun," I said clutching the book to my chest like a shy school girl.

"Christian," he smiled warmly flipping open his book which had an old book mark in it on a certain page. "Should we get started?, do you want to be romeo or Juliet?"

I couldn't speak for a second, I was racking my brain but words didn't want to come out, not until I whispered... "ummm."

"Do you mind if I take Romeo, I have to play him in the school production this year so I could use the time to learn lines. Unless that not cool with you." he said with a cheesy grin which was oh so adorable.

"I don't mind, umm. What page?"

"Here he said opening it and flipping like two pages, we can start here if you don't mind that is." he looked away quickly from me and to the class and then back, but when he faced me now he looked a little different, more serious more... Romeo instead of superman I guess. "Wait, we should be a little closer for this."