Sequel: Love Bites

Love Story

Chapter 12

Edward parked Emmett’s Jeep a few minutes later; he jumped out and was helping Bella out in a flash. I noticed that Jasper was by my side of the Jeep as well; I unbuckled myself and got out of the car with Jasper’s help of coarse.

“Do we have to walk the rest of the way?” Bella asked nervous looking up at Edward.

“Well we could but then we might miss the game” Edward smirked looking between Bella and I.

“Ha-ha you’re so funny” I said rolling my eyes; Jasper chuckled from his spot next to me.

“We’ll run” Jasper said quietly; he gently placed me on his back, I wrapped my arms and legs around him as tightly as I could. Jasper only had to run for couple of minutes before I saw the clearing in the distance and I could also hear Emmett’s loud booming laugh. I slid off Jasper’s back only to get crushed in a bear hug from Emmett.

“Hi Emmett” I gasped.

“Hey Als” Emmett said excitement clear in his voice. I smiled at his nickname for me but soon I could feel myself running out of air.

“Emmett let poor Alex breathe” Edward chuckled reading my thoughts; for once I was glad he could read my mind.

“I’m sorry Alex” Emmett said pulling back; I took a deep breath.

“Its fine” I exhaled smiling.

“Alex! Bella!” Alice sang dancing over to us; she hugged us both. After everyone else greeted us the game was going to began; Bella and I helped Esme with being a referee, it seems that they liked to cheat. They split into groups: Edward, Carlisle and Alice were on one team; Emmett, Rosalie and Jasper were on the other team. I saw that Jasper was looking straight at me a smile gracing his beautiful face; in a blink of an eye he was standing right in front of me.

“Oh” I gasped.

“I hate when you do that” I mumbled playfully glaring at him but his smile just widened.

“I’m sorry Alexandra” Jasper said quietly brushing his fingertips across my lips making me blush. I lowered my head to hide my blush from Bella and Esme but I knew they already saw; I felt Jasper lift my head up to force me to look at him, he leaned down pressing his cold lips onto my warm ones. My heart started beating faster trying to break out from my chest; my eyes closed and my mind blank. When Jasper pulled back I was able to focus again but I wish I haven’t.

“Go Jazz! I can hear her heart beat from here” Emmett yelled proud of his brother.

“Aw their so cute” Alice gushed. Edward, Rosalie and Carlisle were chuckling and nodding in agreement. Jasper smiled again before joining his family at the pitch; I looked over to see Esme and Bella smiling at me. The game started and I quickly learned why they play when thunder is there; the sound of the bat and ball smacking together is actually like the sound thunder makes. The game was fast; it was hard to see the ball flying in the air, when they ran they turned into a blur but I was never going to look at another baseball game the same again. Suddenly Alice stopped what she was doing and stood still looking like she was daydreaming. Everyone was by her side in a second; Bella and I looked at each other, we started to quickly walk over to Alice. I felt a gush of wind and Bella was back at the spot we were just standing at with Edward beside her; it didn’t phase me so I kept walking until I reached everyone.

“Three vampires found our ball and want to play” Alice said worry flooded her voice as she looked from Bella to me; Jasper was instantly by my side, he grabbed my hand but I ripped my hand away, I wanted to hear what was going on.

“How soon?” Carlisle asked turning his attention to Edward.

“Less then five minutes” He scowled.

“Can you two make it?” Carlisle asked both Jasper and Edward.

“Not carrying them” Edward said.

“There’s only three! Let them come” Emmett scoffed flexing his arms; ready for a fight. Carlisle deliberated for a split second; everyone was watching him anxiously, waiting for his answer.

“Let’s continue the game” He finally told us in his calm voice. Jasper wrapped his arms around my waist lifting me up; he run over to Edward and Bella, he placed me on the ground and I stood as close as I could to Bella.

“I will Jazz” Edward answered Jasper’s thought; I’m guessing he asked Edward to look after me, Jasper then looked at me before he ran back out to the field. Esme traded places with Edward; Esme and Alice rotated in front of us, trying to hide us.

“Cover your face and stay as still as you can” Edward whispered to us; we both shook our hair so it was in our faces.

“That’s not going to help that much; I could smell them from across the field” Alice said softly.

“I know” Edward said irritated. Everyone took their places but just a bit closer to us; Edward said something to Bella but right now I was blocking them out, my eyes wondered over to Jasper, he was looking at me with worried eyes. Suddenly Edward stood in front of us protectively; the rest of his family turned their attention the same way. They emerged one by one into the clearing; there was a dark haired man, a blonde haired man and a woman with fiery red hair. The dark haired man was clearly the leader of the group; he stepped closer to Carlisle who had also stepped forward, a few feet behind him Emmett and Jasper stood protectively.

“We thought we hear a game going on” he said in a calm voice a slight French accent flowing around his words.

“I’m Laurent, and these are James and Victoria” He introduced.

“I’m Carlisle. This is my family Esme and Alice, Emmett and Rosalie, Jasper and Alex, Edward and Bella” Carlisle paired us off; my eyes widened slightly when he said my name. Carlisle talked to Laurent for a few more minutes but I wasn’t paying attention to what they were saying; I was to busy looking at James and Victoria. James reminded me of Emmett a little bit; they both looked tough and would easily win in a fight. Victoria’s eyes weren’t staying on one thing for more then a second; she was looking at everything and she was doing it quickly. I faintly heard Carlisle say my name snapping my attention to him; I looked at Edward who moved his head towards Jasper slightly. I walked as carefully as I could towards Jasper; making sure that I didn’t get to close to the three new vampires. Jasper’s eyes kept flicking from me to Laurent, James and Victoria; I was about half way across the field when I stopped, I wasn’t going to get any closer then that. Suddenly my hair was ruffled by the light breeze that had just blown from behind me; I froze my eyes widen; I was even holding my breath. James’ head snapped in my direction; his eyes ran over my body, in a spilt second he was crouching with his top lip pulled over his teeth.

“What’s this?” Laurent asked looking over to me; he too smelt my scent but it wasn’t affecting him as much as James.

“Their with us” Carlisle said calm but sternly; his answer was directed to James more then anyone else.

“You brought some snacks?” Laurent asked taking a step towards me. He couldn’t get to close to me because Jasper stepped a few feet in front of him; a loud ferocious snarl ripped from his throat, I had never heard a snarl like that from Jasper before and it sent a shiver down my spine.

“I said their with us” Carlisle said in a hard voice.

“But their human” Laurent protested shocked; I knew right there he was surprised and was wondering how the Cullen’s lived with Bella and I around them.

“Yes” Emmett said keeping his eyes on James who was still staring at me; his nostrils flaring. A stronger breeze blew from behind me making my hair fly in front of me; I had to push my hair back so I could see. When I cleared my vision I saw James quickly lunge towards me; my eyes widened and I waited for the impact. I was surprised when I heard a loud smacking sound about 6 meters away from me; Jasper blocked James’ path making James run straight into him. Jasper stepped back so he was closer to me and then crouching protectively in front of me; another furious snarl come from Jasper’s throat. James who was also crouched was looking from Jasper to me to Edward, who was crouched slightly, to Bella and then back to Jasper.

“Jasper, Edward take the girls home” Carlisle said anger clear in his voice. In the corner of my eyes I saw Edward put Bella on his back and run back into the forest; Jasper straightened walking backwards to me his eyes never leaving James. I got onto his back wrapping my arms and legs around his body tightly before we were running the same way Edward went. We reached the Jeep quickly; Jasper helped me in and he did my seatbelts again. Edward was soon speeding down the highway towards the Cullen’s house; everyone was silent, Bella and I were still in shock, and Jasper and Edward would be arguing with themselves in their heads.