Sequel: Love Bites

Love Story

Chapter 16

I felt someone holding my right hand in their icy cold hand and I heard a beeping noise. My eyes fluttered open but everything was burry so I blinked a few time until everything came into focus. I looked to my right to see Jasper sitting next to my bed; he had his head down so he didn’t notice I was awake. I looked around the room; it was white and had different machines, it was a hospital room. I looked down to my left hand to see it was bandaged up; it was bandaged so much I could hardy move my fingers. I looked back over to Jasper; my hand wrapped around his and his head snapped up, his eyes soften when they met mine.

“Hey” I said weakly.

“Oh Alexandra” Jasper signed happily gently hugging me; I wrapped my good hand around him.

“I’m so sorry” I apologized looking into his black eyes; he hasn’t been hunting and he’s in a bloody hospital.

“We’ll talk about that later” He shook his head slightly.

“How’s Bella?” I asked urgently.

“She will be fine; she has a broken leg and few a cut but she’s fine” Jasper reassured me.

“Is she a… you know” I said; I wasn’t going to risk saying vampire in a hospital, I wasn’t going into a padded room.

“No Edward managed to suck all the venom out before it could travel” Jasper told me; I signed closing my eyes.

“How are you feeling?” Jasper asked concerned.

“I’m fine” I breathed; that was a lie. I wasn’t fine; I was a bit freaked out, I was just attacked by a vampire, I watched Emmett and Alice rip James apart and burn him and I just dreamed about my dead parents.

“Alexandra you don’t have to lie to me” Jasper told me.

“You need to go hunting” I whispered frowning and changing the subject; it was dangerous for him to be hungry and around people like this. It’s not that I don’t trust him to control himself; I do but what if something did happen, he would leave me and I can’t lose him.

“I’ll be alright Alex, you don’t have to worry” Jasper reassured me; his cold hand cupped me cheek, Jasper leaned in and kissed my forehead lightly.

“What’s our story?” I asked looking out at my bandaged hand.

“You followed Bella here to convince her to come back to Forks; Edward, Carlisle and I came to bring you both back but Bella fell down two flights of stairs and went through a window; you ran down the stairs to help her but tripped and landed on your hand wrong” Jasper told me; I nodded slowly taking in our story.

“What happened to James?” I asked softy.

“We took care of him; he will never hurt you again. But Esme said that Victoria took off; hopefully she won’t come back” Jasper said hatred in his voice. Just then a doctor walked into my room; he checked me over and said that I would be able to leave soon.

“Jasper” I said when the doctor left; Jasper looked at me so I patted the bed telling him to sit.

“What is it Alex?” Jasper asked carefully sitting on my bed; I looked into his black eyes, the colour didn’t scare me, even through I loved his golden eyes I still loved his black ones.

“Never leave me” I whispered tears forming in my hazel eyes.

“I won’t” Jasper promised gently pulling me into his arms.

“Don’t leave me” I whispered again resting my head on his hard cold shoulder.

“I won’t, I won’t” Jasper promised tightening his grip on me; my right hand grabbed a fist full of his shirt, I clutched onto him not wanting to let go and I knew Jasper felt the same way.

“Alex?” I heard someone gasp; I looked to my left to see Renee standing in the doorway.

“Hi Renee” I smiled; I was so glad to see her, I hadn’t seen her in years.

“Oh my your all grown up” She gushed hugging me gently; I hugged her back and Jasper reclaimed his seat.

“How are you?” Renee asked sitting on my bed.

“I’ve been better” I nodded.

“Thank you for coming after Bell” She told me kissing my forehead.

“Its fine” I reassured her.

“Damn Renee your looking good” We laughed but I stopped because it hurt to laugh.

“Thank you hunny but compared to you, I must look so old” Renee rolled her eyes playfully.

“You’re not old!” I smiled; I saw Renee’s eyes flicker over to Jasper who was holding my hand and looking at me.

“Oh sorry Renee this is Jasper, my boyfriend. Jazz this is Bella’s mum, Renee” I introduced them; they greeted each other.

“You’re Edward’s brother right?” Renee asked Jasper.

“Adopted brother yes ma’am” Jazz replied turning his attention to her for a second before looking back at me. Renee and I caught up which took a while because we haven’t talked since she left Charlie; Renee thought it was a great idea to tell Jasper stories from when I was a kid.

A week later I was sitting on the couch in Alice’s room; I got released from hospital a few days after I woke up and Jasper drove us back to Forks, he dropped me off at Bella’s house so I could get my car and go home. When I got home I was almost afraid to walk into my house but I sucked up my fear and slowly walked in; Jacob tackled me into a huge bear hug, I thought he was never going to let me go. Dad wheeled himself into the front room and I thought he was going to yell at me but he just opened his arms wide and gave me another bear hug. After that I explained what ‘happened’ and even though they weren’t happy about me just leaving and not calling them, they understood why I did it. Dad didn’t ground me which I thought was pretty damn cool but both Dad and Jake started to watch me like a hawk.

So anyways I was watching Alice get Bella ready for her ‘date’ with Edward; but he was really taking her to the prom and she didn’t know. Rosalie popped her head through the door and motioned for me to follow her; she was going to help me get ready for the prom, I of coarse was going with Jasper. When I told Jake that I was going to the prom he demanded to know who I was going with; I hated lying to them but I had too, so I just told him that I was going with a group of friends. Dad was the complete opposite; he couldn’t have been happier, he made me promise that I would get heaps of photos of myself to show him, he would then show everyone he could. I sat down in front of Rosalie’s vanity table and let her get to work; I was surprised when Rosalie and I became closer, I think everyone else was too. She still doesn’t like Bella that much but I’ll glad we get along; I hate it when people don’t like me. Within a couple of minutes Rosalie stood back and admired her work; she told me I could look. I opened my eyes and my mouth dropped instantly; the way she had done my hair and makeup was perfect, and I looked quite pretty.

“Ok now it’s time to get changed” Rose smiled her breathtaking smile. I followed her into her huge closet and watched as she walked at vampire speed around her closet; she stopped in front of me with a whole outfit picked out. I got changed while she did her own hair and makeup; I walked back into her room to see she was waiting for me. She then got changed in a second; she was wearing the most stunning dress and she was glowing with happiness. We checked ourselves in the mirror before sneaking back into Alice’s room; both Alice and Bella were ready and they both looked gorgeous. Rosalie walked down the stairs first, then Alice went, then Bella slowly made her way down and finally it was my turn. I reached the bottom of the stairs and looked around the room; I saw the proud faces of Carlisle & Esme, Emmett was wearing dark jeans, a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up, Edward was wearing a black tux and Jasper was wearing dark jeans, white dress shirt, a loose tie and a black blazer.

Jasper POV

I watched as my sisters walked down the stairs, then Bella walked down carefully and then Alexandra made her way down. She looked… I couldn’t even describe it… words couldn’t describe how beautiful she looked. I smiled when I saw her eyes wonder around the room; taking in what we guys were wearing. I felt happiness from everyone in the room; Carlisle and Esme were beaming happiness and they also felt proud. Esme insisted that she took heaps of photos of us all; she took a lot more of just Alex by herself because she knew her family would want them. After that everyone split apart and got into our cars; Edward & Bella went in this Volvo, Emmett, Rose & Alice went in Rosalie’s car and I took Alex in Carlisle’s car.

“You look perfect tonight” I said looking over at the stunning beauty that was sitting next to me.

“Thank you” Alex blushed and looking at her lap.

“You don’t look to bad either” She smiled brightly at me. I matched her smile lacing our fingers together. I must be the luckiest guy on the planet; I had an amazing family and the girl of my dreams. Alexandra really is everything I have ever wanted in a partner; she’s beautiful, smart, sweet, friendly, and down to earth; she’s perfect for me!