Sequel: Love Bites

Love Story

Chapter 17

Jasper parked the car and walked at a human speed to my door; he helped me out and he placed his arm around my waist. We started walking towards where Edward left Bella; we were a few meters away when Jasper suddenly stopped and stiffened.

“What’s wrong?” I asked looking up at him; he had his pained look on his beautiful face again.

“Maybe we should just go into the gym” Jasper said pulling me a different way.

“But I told Bells that we would walk in together” I said; I was confused why Jasper just changed his mind all of a sudden.

“I’m sure she will be fine without us” Jasper said walking a bit faster; it was like he wanted to get away from something or someone.

“Alex?” A deep voice called from behind us; a voice that I knew instantly, a voice that I had heard most of my life, a voice I loved.

“Jacob” My voice was uneven when I slowly turned around; I came face to face with my big brother. I watched as his eyes went from my face to my waist and then to Jasper; I watched as rage filled up his black eyes.

“Going to prom with a group of friends I see” Jake said venom dripping from his words.

“Jake please let…” I said but he cut me off.

“You lied to me Alex. You lied to Dad” Jake accused; he was right I did lie to my family, something I have never done until I met Jasper.

“So you two a couple now too?” Jake asked looking straight at me.

“Jacob please just listen to Alexandra” Jasper said trying to reason with my brother.

“You stay out of this!” Jake snapped; his eyes flicking over to Jasper but went straight back to me.

“You are. After everything Dad has told us about them you still run off to be with him” Jake spat frowning.

“I’m so sorry Jake” I said looking straight into his eyes.

“I am too” He replied sadly before walking the way he had come.

“I’m sorry Alexandra” Jasper whispered standing in front of me.

“Its fine” I mumbled walking towards the gym; Jasper returned to me side in an instant, we walked down the carpet and posed for a photo before walking into the gym. Instantly all my pain washed away; with the help of Jasper of coarse, Jasper lead me through the crowd of people. I stopped to give thumbs up to Jessica & Mike, then to Angela & Eric, and even to Tyler. Jasper was soon spinning me around as we started dancing; I wasn’t too bad of a dancer but Jasper was so much better. I saw Alice, Rosalie and Emmett dancing up a storm; all three of them way better then the humans near them.

“Let’s go outside” I said over the music; I saw Jasper nod, he entwined our fingers leading me outside. I saw Bella and Edward on the patio dancing; I saw Jasper leading me to a huge tree. He turned around leaning against the tree casually and pulling my body towards his; I rested my head on his shoulder while my hands made their way to his chest, Jasper wrapped his arms around my waist tightly. We just stood under the tree holding each other; I signed happily, I never wanted this moment to end, I never wanted Jasper to let me go. Suddenly I heard my phone ringing from my bag; I pulled away from Jasper slightly and grabbed my phone, I bit my lip when I saw that it was home calling, most likely Dad. I quickly looked up to Jasper to see him staring down at me; I swallowed before answering.

“Hello” I answered.

“Alex is it true?” Dad asked getting straight to the point; he sounded so hurt and angry.

“Is Jacob telling the true?” Dad asked more clearly this time.

“Yeah he is Dad” I mumbled but I knew Dad heard me.

“I want you home right now!” Dad raised his voice angrily.

“Dad please…” I started to see but he cut me off.

“No Alex you come home this instant” Dad demanded then hung up.

“Alexandra I’m so sorry” Jasper said in his deep smooth voice.

“Can you drive me to the treaty line please” I said walking towards the car; I knew Jasper would drive me, if he could he would drive me all the way home and then talk to my Dad but he couldn’t, I was going to have to deal with my fuming family all by myself. I easily saw my bright green car waiting at the treaty line; Jake was sitting in the driver’s seat frowning at either me or Jasper or maybe it was both of us.

“Thank you Jasper” I said quietly; I brushed my hand across his before getting out of the car, I quickly walked to mine and got it. Jake sped all the way home; it was dead silent something that didn’t happen with Jake and I. We walked into our house side by side and I saw Dad waiting in the living room; he looked up when he heard us walk in.

“Why?” Dad asked calmly.

“I’m sorry but I like Jasper” I said softly.

“Alex their vampires! You could get hurt at anytime, they could kill you” Dad frowned.

“Their not like other vampires Dad; they only drink animals blood” I defended the Cullen’s.

“I don’t care what they drink; their still dangerous and I can’t lose you” Dad stated looking in my eyes.

“They won’t hurt me” I cried.

“Were they the reason you went to Phoenix? Are they the reason you got hurt?” Dad raised his voice.

“It’s not what you think Dad” I shook my head slowly.

“Oh God it was” Jake yelled throwing his heads in the air.

“They didn’t hurt; they saved me, they saved Bella. It was a different vampire who hurt me” I yelled looking between my Dad and my brother.

“How could you like them? How could you like the most dangerous vampire out of all of them?” Jake yelled.

“You don’t understand” I mumbled looking down at the ground.

“No we don’t understand because you don’t tell us anything anymore” Jake shouted angrily.

“They wouldn’t hurt me! Jasper would never hurt me!” I yelled back at Jake; he just shook his head.

“You’re not allowed to see any of them again; you’re not allowed to talk to them again. And you’re going to break whatever relationship you have with this Jasper as soon as you can. You understand me Alex?” Dad said laying down the rules; the tears that I was holding back started running down my cheeks.

“Dad please no; please you can’t make me do that” I begged.

“Do it Alex and do it tomorrow” Dad demanded wheeling himself away. I ran up to my room with Jake right behind me; I slammed my door in his face, I slid the dress off, kicked my shoes off, let my hair down and jumped into bed. I didn’t care if I still had my make up on I was way to upset to wash it off. That night I didn’t leave my room; I didn’t let anyone in and I cried myself to sleep.