Sequel: Love Bites

Love Story

Chapter 5

I woke up to the warm sun rays shining through my window and onto my face; I got out of bed walking to my window and seeing that it is in fact a warm sunny day. I smiled to myself while I picked out some clothes and walked into the bathroom before Jake could, I walked downstairs to see Dad in the kitchen making us breakfast.

“Morning Dad!” I greeted him with a kiss on the cheek.

“Morning baby. How did you sleep last night?” Dad asked me.

“Pretty good” I replied starting to eat my breakfast.

“Good morning everyone!” Jake said walking into the kitchen and sitting next to me.

“Someone’s in a good mood this morning” Dad laughed while Jake started to eat his breakfast.

“You might want to eat faster if you still want a ride to school Jake” I said getting my bag ready; Jake was still eating.

“Well if someone didn’t take so long in the bathroom then maybe I would be ready” Jake said playfully glaring at me.

“I don’t have to drive you to school you know” I smirked watching him wash his dishes quickly.

“Bye Dad” I kissed his cheek and gave him a hug before walking towards the front door.

“Bye Dad” Jake called out running up behind me.

“Bye kids” I heard Dad laugh. I drove Jake to school and saw Quil and Embry outside waiting for him; they both smiled and waved when they saw me, I waved back at them.

“See ya later Jake” I told him while he was getting out of my car.

“Bye Als” Jake said before walking up to our best friends. I started my drive towards Forks high; I had a few minutes to spare when I pulled into the car park. I saw Bella sitting at one of the outside tables talking to Mike so I walked up to them.

“Hey Bella. Hey Mike” I said to them; they both turned my way and Bella jumped up and hugged me.

“Thank goodness you’re here” Bella whispered into my ear; I tried so hard to keep from laughing out aloud but a smile made its way onto my face.

“We better get to class” Bella stated; the three of us walked into school but I had to part ways with them because I wasn’t in their class for this subject.

Lunch Time

I was walking to lunch with Bella and Jessica; Jess was talking non stop because the prom and I could tell that Bella wasn’t paying attention and to be honest neither was I. I wasn’t sure if I would go to the prom; I mean I would like to but I don’t think anyone would ask me and I know Bella isn’t going to go so I would kind of be alone.

“So Alex are you going to the prom?” Jessica asked me and I saw all the guys at our table look straight at me.

“I’m not sure yet” I replied looking back down at my food.

“What! You and Bella both can’t not go” Jessica said and I just shrugged.

“Well then you and Bella have to come dress shopping with me and Angela then” Jessica told us; Bella and I looked at each other.

“We’ll ask our Dad’s” Bella said for both of us.

The rest of the day went by pretty uneventful well that was until school finished; I walked with Bella towards out cars but she grabbed my arm before I can walk to my car.

“I need to talk to you” She said all serious and dragged me to her truck.

“Ok what’s up?” I asked her when we were sitting in her truck.

“Promise me you won’t laugh” Bella told me.

“Ok I promise” I said getting pretty confused. Bella told me everything on her mind; from talking with Jacob, looking up vampires on the internet, thinking that the Cullen’s and Hale’s are vampires and maybe liking Edward. After she finished I was having the hardest time not laughing; I pressed my lips together so they formed thin lines so my laugh wouldn’t escape.

“Alex, you promised you wouldn’t laugh” Bella playfully glared at me.

“I haven’t…yet, look I’m sorry but are you serious? I mean come on Bella, vampires?” I said with a small laugh at the end.

“Jacob told me about the legends” She defended herself.

“Yeah I know about them and that’s what they are Bella. They’re just legends, silly legends; that are passed down through the family. There’s no sure thing as vampires Bells” I told her smiling; she signed and we said our goodbyes, I hoped out of her truck and walked to mine laughing quietly. I got into my car and started to drive out of the car park with my music blaring as usual; I drove to the La Push high school to pick up Jacob, Quil and Embry. I dropped Quil of first and then I drove to Embry’s house; after that I drove Jake and I home. We both finished our homework quickly; I changed in dark baggy jeans and a white tank top and rushed out to the garage, we worked on Jake’s Rabbit, Jake was under the car while I was working under the bonnet. Suddenly I heard our Dad yell my name from the house; I grabbed an old rag before I jogged into the house. I was wiping my hands on the rag when I saw Mrs. Miller standing in the living room with my Dad.

“Hi Mrs. Miller” I said smiling at her; she was around the same age as Dad, her tanned skin was flawless, her black hair just reached the top of her shoulders, she had a very curvy figure.

“Hello Alex, you’re just the person I wanted to see” She smiled widely at me.

“Colleen’s car has been playing up lately and she was wondering if you could look at it” Dad said proudly; everyone on the rez knows how good I am with cars, so they normally come to me before going to a real mechanic. They pay me more then I like but it all helps with the bills, food and clothes; so I always agree.

“Yeah sure, I’m free now if that’s alright with you?” I said smiling.

“That would be great Alex, thank you so much” Colleen said; she would have given me a hug but I had grease and oil on me. She handed me her keys before leaving; I drove her car into the garage.

“Another one” Jake said smirking. I got to work on Mrs. Miller’s car; all that was wrong with her car was the wires to her spark plug had loosened. I tightened them a little then turned the car on; still wasn’t turning on properly, I tightened the wires until the car started first go. Dad called Jake and I inside for dinner; we both washed up in the bathroom and then ate dinner, I called Colleen after dinner and she came to collect her car straight away. She kept thanking me over and over again; I kept telling her that it was fine, she gave me over $100 dollars for fixing her car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments!