Sequel: Love Bites

Love Story

Chapter 7

I dropped Jacob off at school like usual and then drove to my school; all morning I had been thinking about what Bella told me. If it was true, and I didn’t see why Edward would lie to anyone, than the legends that Dad and his friends told us were true and if the part about vampires were true then did that mean that werewolves was true too. All this thinking was starting to give me a headache so I tried my hardest to think about something else when I realized that I was going to miss the entrance into school; I turned sharply and quickly which caused my wheels to lock and I skidded into the car park, most of the students looked my way and I felt the heat rise to my cheeks. I sat in my car for a few minutes taking a few deep breaths; I grabbed my bag and stepped out of my car. I looked up and saw a red BMW M3 but what I saw leaning against that beautiful car made my heart beat faster and my mind to go blank; Jasper was leaning against the car and he was looking straight at me with a tiny smile across his perfect lips. My mouth went dry when he starting walking towards me still keeping eye contact; I was shocked to see him turn around my car so that he was standing in front of me.

“Good morning Alexandra. Did you get home safely last night?” His smooth voice asked me and his eyes were concerned.

“Yes thanks” I said quietly and I wasn’t sure if he heard me.

“That is good to hear. Would y…” Jasper started to say but he was rudely interrupted by Mike.

“Hey Alex, is he annoying you?” Mike asked me glaring at Jasper and then he softens his look when he turned to me.

“No we’re just talking Mike” I signed; he just had to come along didn’t he.

“Since when do you talk to people?” Mike said rudely to Jasper; my eyes widened but Jasper didn’t seem to care.

“Mike!” I said shocked.

“No, it’s perfectly fine Alexandra” Jasper told me calmly.

“No it’s not fine Jasper. Mike that was so rude; now if you don’t mind we were having a private conversation” I said sternly.

“Fine” Mike muttered walking away.

“I’m so sorry about him” I apologized.

“You shouldn’t be apologizing Alexandra. Now as I was saying would you like to walk with me?” Jasper asked me shyly; oh my… did he… I think he did… ok stay calm Alex.

“Sure, oh and thank you for what you did last night” I replied trying my hardest to keep the blush was rising to my cheeks; Jasper just nodded but his smile grew a little bit. We started to walk towards the front doors; I checked to make sure no cars when coming and then tried to cross the road but Jasper put his arm across my stomach, I stopped and looked up to him. He was looking to our left; I followed his gaze and saw Edward’s car pulling into the car park with Bella sitting in his passenger’s seat. I smiled when she saw me but she had the same smile on her face; Edward parked in the empty car spot next to my car.

“Hey Bells” I greeted her smiling and quickly gave her a wink.

“Hi Al” Bella greeted me with a huge smile.

“You ok?” I asked her.

“Yeah, you ok?” She asked me.

“Yeah” I replied and we both chuckled.

“Shall we?” Edward asked… us all I guess. The four of us starting walking; everyone was staring at us… actually they were staring at Bella and I. Great just like my first day; I wish people would mind their own business, I now know how animals feel at the zoo. I heard a low chuckle coming from Edward; I turned my head frowning and confused, what a great pick Bella made, she picked someone who’s crazy but when I looked at Bella she seemed fine but Edward was smiling, maybe I’m going crazy, fantastic now I’m talking to myself in my head, ugh! I saw Jessica standing at the school’s front doors with what looked to be Bella jacket; the look on her face was priceless!

“Hey Jess” I greeted.

“Hey Jess, thanks for remembering” Bella said.

“T-that’s fine” Jessica stuttered.

“Hello Jessica” Jasper and Edward said at the same time; Jessica’s eyes widen and her mouth fell open a little bit.

“H-hi” She stuttered again. Edward led Bella into the school and Jasper and I followed behind them leaving the shocked Jessica standing at the doors. Edward and Jasper walked Bella and I to our first class which was trig.

“Bye Jasper” I smiled at him.

“I’ll see you soon Alexandra” He said in his calm voice and walked away with Edward. Bella and I sat together as usual; Jessica asked us both question after question thorough out all our classes, and finally it was lunch! Half way thorough Trig Bella pasted me a note:

Alex,

What I said last night was true; you have to believe me! And you can’t tell anyone this but Edward has a gift, he can read minds; that must be why he laughed this morning when no one was talking.

Bella


The three of us walked into the cafeteria; we joined the line to get our food and I sneaked a quick glance at the Cullen’s table but I only saw Rosalie, Emmett and Alice, I causally looked around the room to see Jasper and Edward at a separate table. I wasn’t really hungry so I just got a few things; we walked to our table and sat down, I was picking at my food with Eric talking to me.

“Bella, Alex I think you should turn around” Angela said quietly; Bella and I shared a glance at each other but turned around away, both Jasper and Edward were staring straight at us. Edward lifted his hand and motioned for Bella to come over; I nudged Bella in her side when she didn’t move. She stood up grabbing her tray and grabbing my arm as well; she pulled me up and started to drag me with her but I was able to grab my tray.

“You’re coming with me” Bella whispered. I sat down in front of Jasper and turned to look at Edward; he turned to look at me and I glared at him, you better stay out of my head, you hear me!

“I’ll try my best Alex” Edward smirked turning his attention back to Bella.

“You told her?” He asked her warily.

“She won’t tell anyone” Bella said standing up for me. The four of us talked thorough out lunch just getting to know one another but Edward thought it was funny to keep mentioning the glares that he and Jasper were receiving from guys. I again felt dizzy when Jasper told me about his and Alice’s gift, I wonder if she can see a future me? Or even what I will do after school?
“Alice’s gift doesn’t work like that Alex” Edward chuckled again and I glared at him again.

“Can you stop doing that?” I whispered harshly.

“I’m sorry but I can’t help it, I have to do it to someone seeing as I can’t read Bella’s” He explained apologizing.

“Well she’s lucky isn’t she” I whispered to myself quietly but I knew both Jasper and Edward heard me with their super hearing.

“You two are going to be late to class” Edward suddenly said amused. I looked around the room and noticed that it was mostly empty; Bella jumped up pulling me with her but I stopped when I saw that Jasper and Edward weren’t moving.

“Aren’t you guys coming?” I asked them.

“No we were going to skip this class” Jasper told us; my left eyebrow shot up and Bella’s eyes widened.

“What to join us?” Edward asked smirking again.

“What! No” Bella said shocked but I knew she thought about it but I guess having the chief of Forks as a Dad that it wasn’t a good idea; but no one who know if I skipped.

“Sure” I said a bit unsure; Edward’s smirk grew and Jasper smiled at me.

“Alex!” Bella said hitting my arm lightly.

“Sorry” I said innocently; she just rolled her eyes and ran to class.

“Shall we?” Jasper asked suddenly standing beside me; Edward glided over to the other side of me, I smiled and nodded. We quickly made our way out of school with no one seeing us; well that was easy. I started to walk towards my car when Jasper lightly placed his hand on the small of my back guiding me towards Edward’s car.

“Why can’t we go in mine?” I said frowning; there isn’t anything wrong with it. It might be an older car but all the parts are brand new and the inside it modern.

“I like me car better” Edward chuckled and I playfully glared at him. Jasper opened my door for me; I got in smiling at him and walked around to the other side and I thought he would sit in the front with Edward but he got in the back with me. Edward sat in the driver’s sit but turned around so he was facing us; I kept asking them questions about being vampires, I couldn’t help it I found it extremely fascinating. The three of us got to know each other quite well; we talked non stop until we heard the final bell ring. We got out of the car; I said good bye to Edward who was going to wait for Bella, Jasper walked me to my car. I threw my bag on the passenger’s seat and turned back to Jasper.

“Thanks for today” I said gratefully.

“It was my pleasure Alexandra” He said slowly taking a step towards me; I tried my hardest not to blush or move that much because I knew Jasper was the newest to their diet. I bit my bottom lip when Jasper gently brushed his fingertips across my cheek and down to my jaw line.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Alexandra” Jasper said quietly walking towards Rosalie’s car which now had Alice, Emmett and Rosalie standing next to it looking at us. I started to breathe normally and my heart slowly calmed down; I got into my car and started my drive to pick Jake up. I touched my cheek and smiled; it still felt tingly from Jasper’s touch.