Sequel: Love Bites

Love Story

Chapter 9

“Alex!” Jake said sitting next to me at the kitchen table.

“Mmm” I replied looking up from my homework into the friendly and happy black eyes of my brother.

“Dad wants to go see Charlie” Jake told me grabbing my hand pulling me up and towards the front door where our Dad was waiting patiently.

“I’m driving!” Jake said excitedly grabbing my keys before I could.

“What? It’s my car Jacob, I’m driving” I said holding my hand out waiting for Jake to drop the keys in my hand.

“Baby just let Jake drive this once” Dad said shaking his head.

“What?” I said my voice squeaking; Jake walked past me smiling smugly and helped our Dad. I sat in the backseat of my own car with my arms crossed over my chest staring out the window. We drove up to Bella’s house and we all saw a silver Volvo parked in the driveway; I saw Dad glare at the car but I smiled, why hello again Edward. Jake helped Dad out of the car with me holding an umbrella over all our heads when I saw Charlie pulling into his driveway; he jumped out and rushed over to us helping Jake with Dad.

“Hi Bella” I shouted and waved; she waved back from the balcony. Charlie and Dad went into the living room but Jake and I followed Bella into the kitchen; the three of us talked and talked until we heard our Dad see his farewells to Charlie.

Next Day

I stepped out of my car after parking in car park of Forks high school; as usual Jasper starting walking towards me.

“Good morning Alexandra. How did you sleep last night?” Jasper asked walking beside me into school.

“Alright, thanks. How was your night?” I asked amused; I knew that vampires didn’t sleep.

“My night was good thank you” Jasper chuckled lightly. The day went by quickly as it was lunch time already; Jasper and I sat with Bella and Edward as usual. I yawned while I was picking at my food; Bella looked over at me with worry written all over her face.

“Are you ok Alex?” Bella asked me concerned.

“I’m fine just tired” I yawned again.

“Why?” Edward asked interested.

“Didn’t sleep that well” I mumbled quietly.

“You had another one?” Bella asked me; Jasper and Edward sent confused looks towards us.

“Yeah” I nodded and Bells signed. She knew what have kept me up last night; she knew I didn’t like talking about it, she knew I didn’t want anyone to know. She knew that I had the same nightmare that I have been having since I was 4 years old; the nightmare was always the same, it was always about the night my parents died.

My last class for the day was gym; I didn’t mind gym that much seeing as I like to keep myself fit. Today we were working on our basketball skills; we were in partners and of course Eric was the first one to offer. I was going pretty well and I was a little shocked to see Eric was good too; well until we had to block each other. I had the ball so Eric was trying to block me but he got a bit to close and his foot got caught on mine; he tripped to the side but seeing as his foot was still locked with mine when his foot moved mine went with it and I ended up falling backwards.

“Ahh!” I squealed when I felt my feet leave the ground.

“Alex!” Eric yelled when he regained his balance.

“Ow!” I groaned grabbing my head which was throbbing.

“Alex, I’m so sorry. Are you ok?” Eric asked leaning over me; the rest of the class formed a circle around us, our teacher pushed his way through.

“Miss Black are you alright?” He asked me looking concerned.

“I’ll be fine” I winced as Eric slowly helped me to my feet; suddenly I felt lightheaded and stumbled backwards a little but Eric caught me, letting me get my balance back.

“I think that’s enough for you today. Eric will you get a chair for Alex” Our teacher said; Eric helped my over to the side of the room. I was given a pack of ice so I gently placed it on the back of my head; Eric sat next to me apologizing over and over again. The final bell while the class was getting changed; I walked back into the gym it see Eric standing there waiting for me. He walked into the hallway with his arm around my shoulders; I was still holding the ice pack to my head. We walked out and I saw Jasper standing there; when he saw Eric holding me and the ice pack he quickly walked over to us, a bit faster then he should have.

“Alexandra what happened?” Jasper asked anger and worry flooding his dark golden eyes.

“I just had a little fall that’s all. I’m fine really” I told him.

“It was my fault; I accidently tripped her” Eric told Jasper quietly looking at the ground. If looks could kill then the look that flashed across Jasper’s face would have Eric six feet under the ground in a second.

“It was an accident and I’m perfectly fine” I told both Jasper and Eric.

“Well then, thank you for taking care of Alexandra but I can take it from here” Jasper said coldly glaring at Eric as he placed his icy cold hand on my lower back; pulling me towards him.

“Thanks for everything Eric” I smiled at him when his arm fell from my shoulders; he took the ice pack from my hands. Jasper started leading me towards the car park with his hand still on my back; I didn’t mind at all.

“You didn’t have to be so hard on Eric; it really was an accident” I told Jasper narrowing my eyes slightly at him.

“He hurt you Alexandra; that’s unforgivable” Jasper replied firmly. I rolled my eyes and signed as we got to my car; I pulled my keys from my bag and was going to put them into the lock on the door when Jasper’s hand wrapped around my own, I looked up at Jasper confused.

“I am not letting you drive when you have hit your head” Jasper told me taking the keys out of my hand.

“I’m perfectly fine to drive thank you” I said folding my arms across my chest; let’s say that I’m extremely protective of my car, I don’t let just anybody drive my baby.

“I have seen the way you drive and I would never forgive myself if something happened to you” Jasper said with dread in his eyes; I would had stood my ground but his eyes made me melt and a calm feeling washed over me, I knew straight away that it was him.

“Fine” I huffed stalking around to the other side of my car. We got in and Jasper started to drive towards La Push.

“So have any plans for tomorrow?” Jasper asked me while I was glaring out of the window.

“I have nothing planned; probably hang out with Jacob and out two friends Embry and Quil” I mumbled and I once again felt calm; I snapped my head and glared at a smiling Jasper.

“What are you doing?” I asked nicer this time.

“Well I was going to ask this one girl who happens to be sitting right next to me if she wanted to spend the day with me; but I think she already has plans with her brother” Jasper said sneaking a glance at me; my eyes widened slight.

“Well I guess I could cancel this one time” I said blushing looking back out the window.