Status: Well. We have no idea for the new chapter, but not the first time, so hopefully something soon. :)

Just Believe In Me

Chapter 1

The computer screen shone brightly against the lack of light in my room. The little clock in the corner laughed 4:39am, amused that sleep still refused to visit me. Nightfall just had a way of slipping through my fingers; I could never enjoy it properly.

The rest of my house was completely silent, save the soft clicking of my mouse and the clacking of it's keyboard companion. No one else in their right mind was up at this hour; I only was because every time I closed my eyes insomnia's static played loudly behind them.
It wasn't a choice.
Believe me.

I sighed, took off my glasses and bunched my red-brown hair up into a loose bun, clipping up my side swept bangs. Deciding on my latest addiction, I logged into my Mibba account and found that someone had commented on my latest poem. Curious, I clicked the link to go to the poem and scrolled down, revealing a two sentence comment on it.
I smiled, and clicked their username, went to the comment box and typed a quick thanks, before opening Wordpad on my computer. This comment had sparked something inspiring inside me. The keyboard sighed, and complained under my eager fingers; even the keyboard was tired at this hour, but I continued before the flame went out.

The poem finished itself on the page, taking up all of about 14 lines. I smiled at it, proud I could actually write again after loosing my ability for so long. Quickly I posted it on Mibba, giving it some name that didn't exactly match up, and logged off. My bed stared back at me for a minute, trying to decide if I was actually dumb enough to try and sleep.

I was.
I turned off the humming computer, and let it rest, hoping I could do the same.
My sheets were warm, and inviting, but it didn't really do anything for me. My body sunk comfortably into the soft-but-firm mattress, and a light weight pulled on my eyelids. I sighed, thankful that sleep had decided to come after all, and laid there for a while. Moments passed, and sleep had fully wrapped it's arms around me, and I was dreamlessly content.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eventless, but shows a few important things!