Status: Well. We have no idea for the new chapter, but not the first time, so hopefully something soon. :)

Just Believe In Me

Chapter 3

-Kodi's POV-
"I saw what you did to that Max kid," Kimmi laughed, walking down the hall with me to first block, "I love you Kodi." Her laugh was more like a sly purr, she didn't like him, and I was beginning to see why.
[She was just more mean to people than I was; she was constantly messing with him and his friends.]

"I didn't mean to, but he's such an ass." I scrunched my nose, remembering how rude he had been. It was an accident, he didn't have to be such a jerk about it.

"I could have told you that." She sing songed, grabbing my hand, and swinging it childishly back and forth as we continued down the crowded hall. I left it at that, and followed a half a step behind her. Personally, I didn't mind being dragged around by her, because you were either on her good side, or you weren't. There was no in between, and there was no getting off her bad side. She thought of me more a pet, than a friend, and I was okay with that. I had seen her cruelty in action, and I never wanted to be on the receiving end.

As soon as we had sat down in 1st block, I buried my head in my arms on my desk. My head had began to throb, and I beginning to get sick of Kimmi's pointless rambling about the new shirt at Hot Topic, and the "hottest boy ever" she had seen down the hall.
"Aww, Is my poor Kodi-Bear tired?" Kimmi's thin hand, rested itself in my hair, and began petting my messy locks down.

"Yeah, I didn't get any sleep last night." I nodded, not bothering to look up. She leaned over, and kissed my temple, running her fingers through my hair.

"Aww, it'll be okay." She was using that sickeningly sweet voice she used when she was flirting with some guy. It was alright though, I didn't mind because it was actually a bit soothing. She could be pretty okay when she wasn't concerned with what she was wearing, or who was looking at her.
I slept through first block.
It made me sloppy the rest of the day.
Kimmi kept pulling me from running into people walking down to second block, and I nearly ran into a locker. The little bit of sleep I got had caused a full on crash, and I was completely out of it.
"Don't run into any walls, kiddo!" Kimmi winked, leaving me at the door of room J265, where Celia turned around in her desk to find me dragging myself to my seat next to her. Celia was a bit of a spaz, so I was kind of hoping her energy would rub off on me.

"Kooddii." She poked my cheek, as I rested on the desk. My eyelids were too heavy to pay her much mind, but she wasn't going to have it. She licked her palm, and wiped it down my cheek, leaving a nice trail of drool in her wake.

"Ooooh God Celia!!" I groaned, not caring how loud I was. I groggily stretched and faced her.

"You love it!" She winked, making a glare pull wrinkles into my skin. The thing is, I really didn't. I didn't care if Kimmi kissed my cheek until the cows come home, but that was just gross.
I didn't tell her though, Kimmi liked her more than me, no need to go down that road.
Chemistry class carried on, and Celia did her job, I perked up. The slight explosion she caused with the chemical lab we were doing definitely did the trick. Luckily, the teacher loves me for some reason and we got off with a healthy C. The boy I had hit this morning, Max, and his friends got a kick out of it though. I hadn't noticed the dirty looks he had been giving me until I had woken up a little, but from the looks of it, he still wasn't over our little incident.
That's okay.
If he wanted to be bitchy about the whole thing, I could be too.
God knows Kimmi just needed another reason to hate them.
By the end of class he had tripped me, I had flipped him off and threw a pencil at him, and one of his friends, Ronnie I think, had made faces at me, but I think he was more kidding than anything else because he giggled just as much as I did at them.
He didn't seem too bad, but I had seen the way he was around school, so I wasn't going to judge by a few cute looks.
[He tried to hook up with Kimmi once, thinking he could have one of the popular girls.
She kicked him where it hurts; He couldn't walk right for a week.]
Our childish spiting each other got cut short by the bell, telling us we were free to leave. Celia grabbed my hand, and sauntered down the hall to first lunch. Upon arriving at our table where Kimmi was waiting with Torri, I pulled out my Zune, and let Bring Me the Horizon play. I took my place next to Kimmi, and Celia sat with Torri.
Kimmi leaned into me, listening to hear what was play, her button nose scrunched at the sound of Oliver Sykes tearing up his vocal chords.

"How can you listen to that terrible stuff? All they do is scream." She spat distastefully, allowing her true self to shine through her beauty for a second. I looked down at my Zune, who stared up at me with a glowing screen, and kept my offense to myself. She didn't see how I could listen to Bring Me the Horizon, and I couldn't understand how she listened to the Jonas Brothers.
But I guess every boy band to their own.
Lunch progressed, and I couldn't help but notice Max glaring at me every now and then, and Ronnie making faces at the back of his head, making me and their other two friends laugh a little. It didn't escape Kimmi's notice, making the cat like look come back to her face.
"He's flirting with you, you know." A little knowing smirk came to her lips.
"I guess."
"He just wants to get into your pants."
"No, he wants to get into yours." I raised my eyebrows at my Zune who sat cradled in my hands, resting on my lap, and it glowed back knowingly. She smiled, it almost looked like a purr. She got a kick out of being the girl the guys couldn't have no matter how much they wanted her. There was a little cork in her voice when I agreed,
"I know."