Status: Well. We have no idea for the new chapter, but not the first time, so hopefully something soon. :)

Just Believe In Me

Chapter 5

The next morning was surprisingly easy compared to the last; Mom had actually slept through the night, and I felt well rested for once in a long time. I almost wanted to log on right then, and thank that Max kid.

But I didn't.
Instead, I went into the bathroom, and took a long, hot shower, since I actually had the time this morning. After that, I went on to get dressed, eat, brush my teeth, and all those good things. Checking the clock, I realized I would actually be able to make the bus if I wanted to. I checked on my mom one more time, taking care to leave breakfast out where she could find it, and stood in the door way.

The crisp morning air hit my face, and I appreciated it today. Normally I take bitterly to the way the grass smelled, and how fresh everything looked, but today it all seemed a bit better. It gave me a bit of a confidence boost for the rest of the day.

I stepped out, deciding to take advantage of getting ready in a timely fashion, and walk leisurely to school.
[Instead of running my lungs in to the ground trying to make it before the bell]

A soft giggle escaped my lips as I thought back to my last night's Mibba experience, still finding the how "there's no way in hell that's about a balloon" thing a bit amusing. I just shook my head, and kind of hoped we got to talk again, before letting my feet take me to school.

&&&

"Oh hell no." I growled as something I later identified as a pencil hit the back of my head. Chemistry had put a halt to my good mood.
Between Celia's obnoxious babbling, and Max's pissy, childish behavior I was ready to shot myself. This was the third time something had flown my way, and I know for a fact all of it was thanks to Maxwell Green sitting a few rows back from me.
Ronnie could make as many cute faces at me as he wanted, but this was all starting to piss me off.
I turned around and glared at Max, hoping maybe if I glared hard enough he would burst into flames, or something of that outrageous nature.

He didn't.
As a matter a fact, he found it quite amusing that he was getting under my skin, and smirked at me.
My nose wrinkled angerly at this, and my middle finger greeted him along with Ronnie whacking him playfully over the head with a notebook. That knocked him off his high horse as he smacked Ronnie back, who just laughed, giving me the the thumbs up.
Ronnie seemed like he could have been a nice guy, but the whole thing with Kimmi kept me from considering an actual friendship with him. I wasn't really one to be friends with skirt chasers.
I had never been so grateful for the bell to ring, allowing me to get the hell out of that classroom.
Celia trailed after me, and I made sure to bump into Max, causing most of his books to hit the floor. It was his turn to glare, and finally mine to smirk at him, before scampering off into the hall before he could get me back.
"You two must be in love with the way you pick at each other." Celia giggled with the simple intention to make me want to slap her. I tucked my hands in my pockets, and shot her a heated look, only making her laugh. I continued down to lunch, leaving her in the crowd of people.

&&&

I tossed my books at my bed, generally pissed off at everyone; Max had manged, yet again, to get under my skin all day, Kimmi's nonstop babbling about some new crush she had, had me begging to be deaf, and and on top of everything else, when I got home, mom was no where to be found.

Which meant one, of two things; she was out getting high or wasted.
Either of the two options meant I was going to have to clean up after her tomorrow morning which was always such a thrill.

I smashed my finger against the power button on my computer, and fell into my chair with a huff. Waiting for my computer to load, I wondered how the hell this day had started out so good, and then turned so sour. It made a frown pull at my lips as I logged in, and checked my accounts.
Tumblr was quiet.
Facebook never seemed promising in the first place.
The only people I followed on Twitter were Kimmi, Celia, Torri and a few celebs, so that was a let down all in itself.
DevaintArt was dead, thanks to my never updating anything in ages.

Mibba surprised me though, I had new profile comments.
Well, comment, but it was enough to force a smile out of me.
It was from TheRipper, he was "whoring his lyrics" as he called it, making me giggle a little.
I decided it was better than waiting around for something to happen on Tumblr, or for twitter to prove its worth to me.
It was. He was actually a very good writer, and I didn't waste any time telling him so. But he wasn't online at the time; I waited around for a response that never came, so I went to find some fanfiction to keep me entertained. Around 8ish, I left my search to eat, and do my homework. It took all of about an hour and a half.

I climbed the stairs after cleaning off the table, kind of hoping Max was on now. That kid just had a promising feeling about him, I wasn't usually this dedicated to an internet friendship. I fell into my chair, and clicked on 'My Mibba'.
I had a message; It was from him.
A smile formed against my lips as I clicked on it.
He thanked me for complimenting his poetry, rambling a bit, but I didn't mind. He actually caught himself, and got back on topic.
He invited me to chat with him on MSN, leaving his username.
"LoCK&LoAd.MerCenAries."
I opened the messenger box, and typed in his username into the contact box, hesitating before adding him.

I fidgeted against my social awkwardness. I was never good at holding a conversation, it didn't matter who it was with. I was good at being the listener, and even better at just keeping quiet. The mouse hovered over the button, waiting for my permission to click.
I took a deep breathe, and clicked it, quickly adding that I was the chick from Mibba.
A few minutes passed, making me uncomfortable, and a little chime caught my attention.
"LoCK&LoAd.MerCenAries. has signed in" read across the little box that appeared in the corner of the screen. My breathing hitched as an IM box popped up from him, my shyness kicking in.
"LoCK&LoAd.MerCenAries. says; Hey chick from mibba! :D"
A giggle bubbled through the awkward feeling in my chest, and I replied;
"TearMyHeArtOut says; My name's Kodi, kid. XD"
We chatted for awhile about random things, and it didn't take long for my shyness to go away. He was amazingly chill about everything, so I didn't have to monitor everything I said to him like I did with Kimmi, which felt great for once. We talked for a long time, before I got around to wondering about his username. Mine was made in a fit of angst, but his was very nice. So I asked;
"TearMyHeArtOut says; HEY YOU!"
"LoCK&LoAd.MerCenAries. says; ME?!"
"TearMyHeArtOut says; YES YOU! What's your username from?"
It showed that he was typing for a long moment, but I was just impatient. Almost everything he said surprised me; He had a quirky response for just about everything.
"LoCK&LoAd.MerCenAries. says; It's from my band! We're just starting out, and everything sounds horrible! :D But! We have a few songs together, and now our singer thinks we're the SHIT. XD So I figured what the hell!"
This perked my interest; A band boy. I had quite a liking towards band guys, even my icon shown Matt Nicholls from Bring Me The Horizon, and my walls were littered posters of my favorite musicians.
"TearMyHeArtOut says; Ooo~ What are you guys called? :D Do you guys have a myspace?"
"LoCK&LoAd.MerCenAries. says; Escape the Fate! And no! We're not good enough yet. XD"
I giggled at him, replying that I would love to hear them play someday, which set him off on some random topic.
We talked for a really long time. A really, really long time.
Like, until 4:56am, long time. It would have been longer, but I told him that I had school in the morning and an all nighter was a bad idea. He joked around, claiming he was "~SOO worth an all nighter", but agreed because he had school too.
I logged off, and crawled into bed, no bothering to turn my computer off.
I just kind of stared at it for a moment, wondering how the hell I just talked to someone I didn't even know[technically] until 5 in the morning.
But I actually fell asleep before figured it out.
Something just made my bed so much more comfortable, and my eyelids so much heavier tonight.
I was thankful for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, we wanted to thank you guys so much for your comments, and subscription! :D
You have no idea how much that sped up the updating process. XD DropDead; and I were just sitting around, looking at each other until your comments, and subscriptions motivated us to actually start writing.
Thanks again guys! You rock!