Only In My Dreams

Only In My Dreams

The hallways were filled with students and teachers. I held my journal closer to my side and walked through the mess of students, smiling at some. I looked around and realized that I was back in 5th grade which was strange since I was in 9th. The hallways were brighter than usual and everything had a yellowish glow coming from it. I saw Shane standing in a corner as if waiting for somebody. I walked towards him to as why he was standing there when suddenly the door at the end of the hallway opened and Darren entered the school.
The first thing that entered my mind was to go up to him and make sure he was real. I ran up to him and gently grabbed his shoulder.
"Darren it's me Farrah! Are you going to go to school here again?"
Instead of answering me he just shrugged my hand away and walked towards Shane.
'Didn't he hear? Did he feel my hand? Does he even notice me?'
I blinked in disbelief and followed Darren so I could hear his conversation with Shane.
"Hey Darren how are you? Is it true that your going back to school here?"
"Yeah I am! Did anything interesting happen since I left?"
Happiness engulfed me. Darren was here to stay! Even if he didn't remember me I would try and be his friend again. If we couldn't be best friends like old times as long as I could see him again would be alright. Just to know that he was in my life again and not just a memory. To see him smile and laugh. I wanted to see here his voice again. More than anything though I wanted to see him. Memories of what he looked like were slowly fading away. The few pictures I had of him were few. Forced smiles in the yearbook and him smiling at a dance were all I had. Seeing him as a whole again was something I had been wishing as soon as I had found out he had moved.
I looked at him before suddenly . . . .

I woke up and shot out of my bed, and remembered my dream. Tears were already forming in my eyes as I though of my dream. This was just another one of my countless dreams of Darren. I had finally given up on him coming back to Bonneville long ago. He was just another memory that felt like a dream itself.