Denial Used to Feel So Good

Very Sneaky

They were already four hours on the road and it was hardly nine in the morning. The new band had split up, half on Cobra's bus and the others on TAI's bus. Gabe was enjoying himself sitting on the couch talking to Tony and Kale. They were good kids, funny, and pretty much exactly like himself (a tamer version of course. Probably courtesy of Kyle.) but Gabe kept thinking that he might have preferred the other half. Or more specifically, might have preferred Kyle.It was complete luck It was a complete coincidence that she had gone on TAI's bus instead of his own.

She seemed to dislike Gabe right from the start, and he'd admit that he really hadn't been doing anything to try and improve his image, but it he couldn’t help it. The cocky remarks and suggestive comments were honestly just his personality; they came out before he even had a chance to think it through.

It's not like she's the easiest person to get along with either,Gabe tried to reason. She could dish it out, when she wanted to. Even when she's half-conscious,he snorted. He wanted to be nice to her, but it was too easy to say the first thing that came to his mind, and too fun to try and do otherwise. But he found himself enjoying her. Her disapproving glares and eye rolls, her sarcastic responses and her scoffs of disgust were all suddenly very appealing. As sick as that may seem.

Pulling out his phone while still listening to Tony and Kale re-enact their first show, Gabe texted William.

How are your noobs?He wrote and pressed 'send.' It didn't take long for Bill to respond.

Good. Kyle just got up and is helping Sisky get to the next level in Pokèmon. Colin's chatting it out with The Butcher.

Wanna switch next stop?He was hesitant to send his next text in case he might leave the impression that he didn't like Tony and Kale, but sent it anyway.

Why? Tony and Kale aren't as pretty as Kyle? Gabe rolled his eyes and could picture William laughing on the bus behind them.

Do you wanna switch or not?

If you can convince Kyle at the next stop.

Gabe groaned, there was no way that was going to happen. As Kale and Tony finished their dramatic play-by-play Gabe excused himself and went to the back lounge. Suarez and Nate were sleeping and Ryland was up by the noobs. Vicky was in back.

"Hey, Vicky." Gabe greeted as he took a seat next to her.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked, looking up from her phone for a moment, only to return to texting.

"I need a favor."

------------------------------------

The bus stopped a half an hour later at a gas station to re-fuel both the buses and the people inside them. Gabe got off and bought himself a doughnut inside and then took a seat on a picnic table outside of the station, enjoying his purchase. Everyone else was littered around the deserted parking lot, with breakfasts of their own, talking. Gabe's eyes wandered around his friends and he realized two people were missing. Before he even had time to look for them, Sisky's loud voice announced.

"We have done it! My charmander just reached level 20, baby!"

Gabe looked over to TAI's bus just in time to see Kyle and Sisky emerging from it, greeted with loud applause from the rest of the group.

"Good team work." Sisky grinned, facing Kyle and exchanging a hand shake.

"Oh, no, it was all you. You were the one who completely owned that bulbasaur." Kyle giggled. Sisky shrugged and they both laughed before going their separate ways. Sisky over to where Bill, Ryland and Kale were talking and Kyle heading for the gas station. Gabe searched around for Vicky. He found her and caught her gaze. She rolled her eyes at him before catching Kyle as she opened the door to the store.

"Kyle, hey, I was thinking maybe you could use a break from videogames and boys, do you want to come on our bus?" Vicky asked casually.

Kyle smiled and nodded, "Oh, sure. That'd be="

"No!" Sisky's yell echoed through the parking lot as he sprinted over to where the girls were standing, "You have to help me beat the gym leader! You can't leave now! I'll lose! And after all we worked for! Please, don't go!" he got on his knees and grabbed Kyle's hands, "I need your almighty Pokè knowledge!"

Everyone within earshot broke out into hysterical laughter, enjoying the sight of Sisky's groveling. Gabe just gaped at the scene. This is not happening. She's not going to agree to that. After she caught her breath, Kyle turning to Vicky, "I'm sorry, I guess I'm needed."

Vicky chuckled, "I completely understand."

"Good try." Gabe jumped at the voice in his ear.

"Holy shit, man!" Gabe exclaimed, rolling his eyes at William, "What are you talking about?" Bill took a seat next to him and nodded over to where Kyle, Vicky and Sisky-still on his knees- were, "Telling Vicky to ask if Kyle wanted to ride with you. Very sneaky."

"Oh, shut up already. I didn't ask Vicky anything." Gabe grumbled, shoving the last of his pastry in his mouth.

"So you were going to ask her yourself?"

"Yes. Or...well no-kind of..."

"Kind of?" Bill pressed, annoying Gabe to no end.

"You know what I mean..."

"I don't think I do."

"Alright, that's enough! I was the one that asked Vicky to ask Kyle on the bus. I lied and you know it." Gabe scowled, standing up and throwing away his garbage as Bill laughed at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alot of subscribers, not so many comments. Thanks for reading!