Denial Used to Feel So Good

The Weirdest Conversation...

Gabe watched Kyle head onstage and heard a chuckle behind him, "What?" He frowned at Kale.

"Now you've done it." Kale smirked.

"What?" Gabe walked over and began to help Kale set up his amp.

"You've re-ignited the fire..." Kale explained. Gabe waited for him to continue, but he didn't.

"You've gotta give me more than that, I'm crazy confused right now." Gabe sighed.

"Kyle. Duh," Kale laughed, "You didn't see that reaction?"

"What reaction?!" Gabe said, frustrated, looking back over his shoulder at Kyle who was testing out her microphone.

"Open your eyes man! She may think you're a jackass, which, sorry, you can be, but she's, physically at the very least, attracted to you."

Gabe turned back to Kale and gave him an incredulous look, "How did you gather that?" Not to say that's not what Gabe wanted, because he was the exact same way with her, but what Kale was saying didn't make sense. She gave no indication that she found Gabe attractive, physically or not.

"Listen, I've known Kyle for years. Trust me on this. Lighten up on the sexual and suggestive comments, you'll see." Kale stood up and strolled towards the stage. Halfway there, he turned around, "Spanish." He smirked to himself and laughed. Leaving Gabe dumbfounded.

"Why are you sitting on the floor?" Sisky came up and joined Gabe on the ground.

"I was just a part of the weirdest conversation I've ever had in my life."

"Uh...somehow I don't believe that." Sisky admitted skeptically.

"What does 'Spanish' mean?" Gabe asked.

"I don't know...you tell me. You're the one who speaks the language..."

"Yeah, I do, but-" Gabe huffed, aggravated, "What does it mean?"

Sisky shrugged, "Dunno...but I, for one, find your Spanish unbelievably sexy." He nodded before standing up and leaving.

"Holy shit!" Gabe exclaimed, quickly looking up at Kyle on stage and grinning. He hopped up from the ground and ambled on stage.

"Is this loud enough?" Colin asked, tapping his microphone, producing shrieking feedback.

"Yeah, Col!" Kyle cringed, "It's good. Ouch..." She muttered shaking her head. She caught sight of Gabe walking towards her and frowned. She took a step away from her mike and crossed her arms as he approached, "You lost, Saporta?"

"No, no," He shook his head with a smirk, "I'm right where I need to be." He stopped in front of her and could feel Kale, Tony and Colin staring at them, "Listen, we were talking and the band was wondering if you wanted to come out during our set for 'Good Girls Go Bad'." He emphasized 'the band' to give the impression that he wasn't a part of the decision. She looked him up and down suspiciously and Gabe tested his lucky, "Por favor?" This time he saw it. She tensed, noticeably looking uncomfortable and swallowed hard.

"Fine." She shrugged and stepped back up to the mike.

"Fine." Gabe chuckled to himself, exiting stage left. He glanced up at Kale who was shaking his head and laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe??? Thanks for reading!