Denial Used to Feel So Good

A Little Liquored Up

They got to the club and everyone trailed off into separate groups. Gabe noticed Colin pulling Kyle to the side and decided to ask Kale, "What's going on over there?" he motioned to Kale's fellow band mates.

"Oh, Colin's probably telling Kyle to pace herself." Kale gave a light chuckle.

"Kyle's a heavy drinker?" Gabe asked skeptically, he had been surprised when he found out she smoked. She seemed like someone who would steer clear of that type of scene.

"Used to be..." Kale seemed reluctant to talk about it. Gabe wanted to ask more, to find out more about Kyle, but figured he should lay off. It turns out he didn't need to ask, Kale continued, to Gabe's surprise, "Had a real shitty boyfriend..." He explained, "That's who got her into smoking, too. I assume you've seen her smoking, right?"

Gabe nodded, "To be honest it seemed weird that she smokes."

"Yeah, tell me about it. But she's been doing good lately. Good about not drinking, anyway. There was only that one time..." Kale trailed off and shook his head, "She can drink a lot. Got a real heavy tolerance for that shit...so she doesn't exactly know her limit." He ended with a shrug, "We watch out for her." He wandered off to the bar and with one last glance at Kyle, Gabe followed.

Gabe had been having a good time. He had had a few drinks, danced a little, hung back and talked with some of his friends and some random girls that had come up to him, but none of them had really caught his interest. It was good to have a night off and hang out with his friends. Up until he saw her at the bar about two hours into their night out, Gabe hadn't really thought about Kyle. But now shecaught stole his attention.

She was sitting at the bar with Victoria, laughing. It was a look that Gabe hadn't really seen on her. Whenever they had run into each other she was never smilingat him. Happy worked for her. She wore it well. Gabe wanted her to be smiling at him. Yeah, sure, it was fun to play around with her, make her angry, flustered, but now that he had seen her smile, that's what he wanted. She was already beautiful when she was angry and happy was so much more than that.

Victoria got up and headed for the bathroom and Gabe made his move. He escaped from the annoying chick that had been chatting him up for the past twenty minutes and walked over to the bar, taking Vicky's seat.

"Good evening," He smirked as he sat down, "I was wondering if you wanted to dance?"

She looked up at him and the smile that had still been in place from her conversation with Vicky, fell into a frown.

No, no! That's not what I wanted.

"Uh, no, not even in your dreams." She shook her head as she brought her drink up to her lips.

"Come on, I thought maybe if I caught you in a good mood, maybe a little liquored up?" he teased, hoping that he could bite back any suggestive comments and show her that he could hold a civil, downright pleasant conversation.

The corner of her lips twitched, but she fought back a smile.

Oh, come on. So close.

"You could never get me drunk enough, Saporta." The viciousness in her voice, caught Gabe off guard, "You have to force me to dance with you onstage, so what would make you think I would do it willingly offstage?"

"You know," Gabe adjusted himself on the barstool, setting his drink on the counter, "I don't think it's so forced onstage." He accused, "I think you like it."

"You're delusional." She said, taking a heavy swing of her drink.

"No, I'm pretty sure I'm not." He leaned forward, putting his hand on her thigh, "I'm pretty sure that you like me there, on top of you, touching you."

She quickly swatted his hand away. Before she spoke she took a deep breath and licked her lips nervously, "Get out of here." Despite how disheveled she now looked, her eyes were ferocious. Gabe sighed, grabbed his drink and obeyed her command.

Walking over to where Ryland, William and The Butcher were talking, Gabe distractedly joined their conversation. He knew that he shouldn't have used her physical attraction to him like that. He shouldn't have tried to lure her, playing on her weakness. One; because it didn't work, it had never worked with her and two; it just made her hate him that much more.

But he just didn't understand why she wouldn't give in. She was attracted to him, he was attracted to her. That was usually all it took for Gabe to get a girl. But Kyle was different. She wasn't giving in to her physical desires. And it was frustrating for Gabe. Kyle was also the first girl that had actually held Gabe's attention not only because she was good looking but because she was witty, and clever. She just had that sass that Gabe was so fond of. For the first time that Gabe could ever remember, he wanted to actually be with a girl. Not just sex. He wanted to spend time with Kyle, he wanted to get to know her.

And again, for the first time that Gabe could ever remember, a girl didn't want to be with Gabe...for sex or otherwise.
♠ ♠ ♠
You didn't honestly think I was only going to post that one pathetic chapter did you? So I got two comments yesterday, and I was ecstatic! Thank you to everyone who has commented on this. It's so important to me! Please continue because next chapter gets exciting...